IGNORED

Roberto Martinez

Inter Milan would be a good move for any manager. Forgetting recent seasons Inter are still one of the biggest clubs in Europe. They're a tier above us.

I wouldn't say that's the case these days their club status as with many Italian sides has dwindled over the last few years

No financial firepower they sit 9th in what's become a pretty piss poor league and have very little going for them as it stands

A step backwards in my eyes.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Guest blueboy122

I wouldn't say that's the case these days their club status as with many Italian sides has dwindled over the last few years

No financial firepower they sit 9th in what's become a pretty piss poor league and have very little going for them as it stands

A step backwards in my eyes.

Have to agree. Italian football is dying a death!

They can all fuck off!

Besides, Serie A? That's such a washed up league now. In the 90's it was THE league to watch in Europe. The style of football was boring but they attracted many top players. It's now lagging well behind La Liga, Premiership and Bundesliga.

No way would it be a positive move. Only if you were unemployed.

I wouldn't say managing Inter is a step backwards. They are a bigger and more prestigeous club than us but right now are in dire straights as is the whole of Italian football.

Isnt that sort of like buying an old banger of a Car because of what it was like back in its hayday? Its not going to do 0-60 in 5 seconds like it used to, or be half as luxurious. Instead, it will keep falling apart and burn a hole in your wallet whilst doing so.

Italian football is of dire quality at the moment and not to mention, rife with corruption. Most players are going there towards the end of their Careers and doing pretty well (Tevez, Llorente,Gervinho) but it would be a disastrous move for Roberto career wise.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Isnt that sort of like buying an old banger of a Car because of what it was like back in its hayday? Its not going to do 0-60 in 5 seconds like it used to, or be half as luxurious. Instead, it will keep falling apart and burn a hole in your wallet whilst doing so.

Italian football is of dire quality at the moment and not to mention, rife with corruption. Most players are going there towards the end of their Careers and doing pretty well (Tevez, Llorente,Gervinho) but it would be a disastrous move for Roberto career wise.

Bigger stadium, bigger fan base , much more illustrious history, much more global brand than us... I could go on all night.

To say managing Inter Milan is. a step down from Everton is just stupid.

The only thing is, Itallian football is bad atm. Inter will come again andbe a force no two waysabout it.

Inter Milan more prestigious? Barely. They're the equivalent of Liverpool in a poor, corrupt league; all their success is in the past and thats not going to change any time soon.

Lol, they did the treble in 2010.

Yes Inter Milan are a more prestigious club than Everton. To suggest otherwise is laughable.

Edited by MC11

Bigger stadium, bigger fan base , much more illustrious history, much more global brand than us... I could go on all night.

To say managing Inter Milan is. a step down from Everton is just stupid.

The only thing is, Itallian football is bad atm. Inter will come again andbe a force no two waysabout it.

Forgetting the historical stuff it would be a step down because it would be a cut in wages, that's largely how job progression is measured isn't it?

Forgetting the historical stuff it would be a step down because it would be a cut in wages, that's largely how job progression is measured isn't it?

Not in football it's not. It's measured solely on which club you're managing and Inter Milan is one of the biggest Jobs in the world. That's why they've always been able to attract top managers.

That's like saying Eto'o progressed by going to Anzhi from Inter Milan because he was getting more money. Or Beckham progressed going to Galaxy from Madrid.

Edited by MC11

That's like saying Eto'o progressed by going to Anzhi from Inter Milan because he was getting more money. Or Beckham progressed going to Galaxy from Madrid.

Absolutely. Your career progresses if you earn more money irrespective of the company you work for. Leave Apple earning £100,000 and join Lidl earning £110,000 and your personal career has progressed. Not complicated.

Absolutely. Your career progresses if you earn more money irrespective of the company you work for. Leave Apple earning £100,000 and join Lidl earning £110,000 and your personal career has progressed. Not complicated.

Not in football. It's pretty simple. The bigger clubs you've played for the better your career. Not the pay cheque unless you deem that to be the sole success of a footballer. I tend to think it's measured on trophies and the clubs you played for.

I'm not even getting embroiled in this.

Inter Milan are a massive club and much bigger than us and will once again become a major player and the manager who makes them become that will be a legend.

There's more chance of turning them into cl winners than us they have all the right boxes ticked to be bought out by a billionairre.

It's Italian football stopping that and that wont last forever.

Inter Milan or Everton??

Hmmm give me about 10 seconds to decide which club a footballer would choose to play for.

Come on guys we can't really argue this one.

I love Everton and personally if I had the chance I would choose to play for the blues anyday.

But Inter are a huge world wide brand.

Nobody is comparing the size of club, that would be ridiculous.

What I'm personally saying is that, from a career perspective, we're a far greater proposition than a former giant club playing in a league/country riddled with corruption in a league that is easily the worst standard from the main 4 leagues in Europe and full of no mark players.

Guest blueboy122

No chance Mike, earning more money does not have a correlation with career progression.

Has Scott Sinclair progressed from Swansea because he earned more money at City?

Guest blueboy122

I'm not even getting embroiled in this.

Inter Milan are a massive club and much bigger than us and will once again become a major player and the manager who makes them become that will be a legend.

There's more chance of turning them into cl winners than us they have all the right boxes ticked to be bought out by a billionairre.

It's Italian football stopping that and that wont last forever.

Inter Milan or Everton??

Hmmm give me about 10 seconds to decide which club a footballer would choose to play for.

Put Inter Milan in the PL and they wouldn't finish Top 6. Put us in that league we would challenge for the title.

If I was a player and I wanted to play and develop.... Everton all day long. If I wanted a badge saying I play for a club who used to class and now are falling into obscurity in a truly awful league I would choose Inter.

I think the point of the 'no way Inter' argument (and thank god Martinez has been taken out of the debate...that rumour is ridiculous) is not against Inter as a club, but Serie A as a league.

Serie A has slipped hugely over the last 10-15 years. They got complacent. Other main leagues like La Liga, Premier and Bundesliga continued to progress and attract fresh investment and develop exciting football. Serie A stalled big time. It may wake up again, because there are a number of 'prestige' clubs in Italy. But I think as a manager you would weigh up the league as well as the club. Also the culture, style of football etc.

Inter as a club have slipped the last 5 years. They went through the 90's struggling a lot of the time. That continued into the early 2000's. But then under new ownership enjoyed a fairly successful 10 year or so spell. But that was done at huge cost which left them with 4-500 million debt. They ran at annual loses of around 40 million. At the moment they still have big debts, and dwindling income. But a new owner. So who knows?