IGNORED

Europa League, how will it affect league form if we qualify?

MC11

Europa League  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Europa League, how will it affect league form if we qualify?

• It won't, we'll finish in top 6 next season
    • It will have a slight affect on league position
    • It will have a negative affect league position

As above, opinion on how it will affect league for (if it will at all)

Personally for me a lot depends on the summer. But with the lack of a striker and needing to invest big in there I doubt we'll have enough money to expand the squad with quality for me an 8th placed finish next season.

Edited by MiguelCotto

At this stage its impossible to say how we will do next season with or without European football, We are going to need at least 5 or 6 players even if we dont qualify and until we know who those players are going to be you cant really specualate how good or bad the squad is

For example if we dont sign at least one decent forward I can see us finishing outside the top 10

At this stage its impossible to say how we will do next season with or without European football, We are going to need at least 5 or 6 players even if we dont qualify and until we know who those players are going to be you cant really specualate how good or bad the squad is

For example if we dont sign at least one decent forward I can see us finishing outside the top 10

Why would we need 5 new players? Under Moyes we used less out of the squad and we've had 2 long-term injuries this year. A striker and a central midfielder is all we need, any extras we should use to replace players not add to the squad and waste wages every week.

Howard, Robles, Springthorpe

Coleman, Hibbert, Browning

Jags, Stones, Duffy

Distin, Alcaraz

Baines, Garbutt

Mirallas, McGeady

McCarthy, ??

Barry, Gibson, Lundstram

Pienaar, Oviedo, Kennedy

Barkley, Osman, Green

??, Kone, Naismith, McAleny

Why would we need 5 new players? Under Moyes we used less out of the squad and we've had 2 long-term injuries this year. A striker and a central midfielder is all we need, any extras we should use to replace players not add to the squad and waste wages every week.

Jags, Stones, Duffy

Distin, Alcaraz

Baines, Garbutt

Mirallas, McGeady

McCarthy, ??

Barry, Gibson, Lundstram

Pienaar, Oviedo, Kennedy

Barkley, Osman, Green

Sorry mate but that squad brings home the fact that we need at least 5 top players.

Jags, Stones, Duffy

Distin, Alcaraz

Baines, Garbutt

Mirallas, McGeady

McCarthy, ??

Barry, Gibson, Lundstram

Pienaar, Oviedo, Kennedy

Barkley, Osman, Green

I think you have just answered your own question, especially the bit in bold

Oh and Barry isnt our player

I think it will have a slight effect, but I believe that with RM we could go far in the comp.

Lets face it, Moyes have never ever been good in europe or cups because of his pessemistic tactics and mentality.

Martinez gets the most out of players and knows when he needs to go for broke, look at how many points we've rescued in the league this season!

I think we could get in the top 10 easily, maybe top 7, however I think next season is going to be even harder than this season. Spurs will add to their squad, United will, both of those clubs will be challenging to overtake us if they dont finish above us this season and with the money they have then they probably will.

Havent voted because I think every season is a challenge for us to finish top 6. As already said, we may have a stronger Utd and Spurs to contend with...although with them 2 it will come down to decisions off the pitch as much as on it.

It will be more difficult, of course it will be. More fixtures are bound to make it more difficult. But the same would apply to the Champ league too...maybe more so as you would play a higher calibre of team.

Lets just enjoy the journey!!!

I don't understand why we're continuously compared to Swansea. Swansea was a mediocre team who got hot at the right time and won a short sprint tournament that most top teams don't take very seriously. They tied for 9th place in the EPL. This Everton team is entrenched in a top-7, at worst, spot, and has been competitive against every top opponent (so long as healthy). As opposed to winning a European bid by fluke of random fixtures in a short tournament and how much other teams care to compete for it, Everton would be getting in by consistently being one of the top teams in the EPL over a 38-game season; a season that everyone takes seriously. You can not compare the two. A few quality players would need to be added but Martinez has admitted as much. I'm not concerned.

agreed in addition, swansea lost their best player who's been out all season (Michu) and that has greatly affected their league performance. not to mention the manager had a falling out with the players and was fired. i don't foresee the same situation happening. also swansea made it decently far in the competition (europa) and since we have never lost to them i could see us going far if we qualify.