IGNORED

Newcastle at St. James Park

markjazzbassist

what a match. end to end the whole time, gerry was MOTM for me. What a performance, he drove the ball into the box so many times they had to triple team him which left open so many other players. great defensive work by barkley and the back 4 and 2 CM, ross really surprised me with some great defense (same with gerry). osman was vintage osman, and lukaku is back. 4 wins in a row here we go let's make a run for the champs league!!!!!!

On the whole, I thought we did pretty well. We sat back really annoyingly and it will be the death of me Im sure but when we came out at half time we went back to the basics and scored another good goal. Then we bloody sat back again but other than one chance where they really should have scored I didnt think they posed THAT much of a threat. They took plenty of shots but they werent really that troubling for Howard and we were value for our win.

Plenty of good performances with the back four excelling (Stones did really well all things considered) and McCarthy at his terrior like best. The attacking players drifted in and out, all showing signs of brilliance but also being a little too sloppy at the same time. Osman was excellent and he set the tone for the team. Composure in attacking and clever pressing in defence.

I hope Martinez can get us playing the 90mins on the front foot because we are a class act when we do. As soon as we sit back, we look like a completely different team.

I understand some people's concerns about sitting back and looking nervy but sometimes this has to be done to take a breather so we can be so quick and direct on the break. I love the way Gerry and Barkley weren't asked to defend too much and we could still cope. This give us the legs to be so quick getting at them.

If City beat Arsenal next week and we win at Fulham we've our faith in our own hands.

Everton's remainin fixtures:

Fulham (a), Arsenal (h), Sunderland (a), Crystal Palace (h), Man United (h), Southampton (a), Man City (h), Hull (a).

Arsenal's remaining fixtures:

Man City (h), Everton (a), West Ham (h), Hull (a), Newcastle (h), WBA (h), Norwich (a).

Obviously their run in would still be easier on paper, but at least it's something.

Didn't get tonights score until quite late but real surprised by winning 3 - 0, especially at that venue. (Everton don't usually do too well on Tyneside)

Haven't had an opportunity to see any goals or anything of match highlights although managed a quick perusal from a rival page.

This result would never of occured under David Moyes. A three goal win up there with no reply under the previous manager ? - Not likely, so more power to Martinez for taking a quite outstanding win home from tonight and delivering a result that not many could have envisaged.

Yes we can still obtain a fourth place finish, but this club has a tendency to let you down on the big occasion, so putting any champagne on ice until it (or if indeed) occurs. There's every chance - Arsenal are still focused on the FA Cup and you can only hope that proves a significant distraction for their subsequent league endeavors - but even with a game in hand, there's still a lot of work to do catch-up.