IGNORED

Tom Cleverley

He's the architpical knob head you work with who makes out they live and breathe the job, takes notes at every meeting, churns out all the buzz words, in half an hour before shift, last to leave, butty at desk and never has a hang over. All of a sudden you have a good stint and you see them giving you funny looks and point scoring shit starts.

• 5 weeks later...

I think the deal will be up to £8m. £8m is nothing for a 24 year old midfielder, he has yet to relaise his potential, he will only do that away from Man United IMO. Their fans are a disgrace when it comes to young lads coming through:-

it starts like this....

1. "You heard about this young lad playing for reserves!!! (Cleverley, Wellbeck, Ravel, Gibson, Januazaj) - telling ya, he's the next Scholes or Beckham"

2. "He played today, looked amazing, telling ya now we need to play him every week"

3. Above player gets £50k a week deal - has a few poor games

4. "get rid, he's useless" - fans boo, slate the player, abuse on twitter etc etc. Player plays well and still gets stick, they want Barkley.

5. Player leaves and joins new club and feels relaxed to play football at the level they know they can.

I think the deal will be up to £8m. £8m is nothing for a 24 year old midfielder, he has yet to relaise his potential, he will only do that away from Man United IMO. Their fans are a disgrace when it comes to young lads coming through:-

it starts like this....

1. "You heard about this young lad playing for reserves!!! (Cleverley, Wellbeck, Ravel, Gibson, Januazaj) - telling ya, he's the next Scholes or Beckham"

2. "He played today, looked amazing, telling ya now we need to play him every week"

3. Above player gets £50k a week deal - has a few poor games

4. "get rid, he's useless" - fans boo, slate the player, abuse on twitter etc etc. Player plays well and still gets stick, they want Barkley.

5. Player leaves and joins new club and feels relaxed to play football at the level they know they can.

:lol: Not that I disagree with any of it but I guess you know why its made me laugh

To be fair, every team has those fans.

Edited by Matt

:lol: Not that I disagree with any of it but I guess you know why its made me laugh

To be fair, every team has those fans.

Potential being "mentally" - not technically. Technically I think the lad is very good, he just needs the confidence to believe in his ability. As repeated elsewhere regarding Rom his technical development scope is limited - he is what he is going to be. Mentally the lad needs a bit of TLC.

He will be a very good player.

Potential being "mentally" - not technically. Technically I think the lad is very good, he just needs the confidence to believe in his ability. As repeated elsewhere regarding Rom his technical development scope is limited - he is what he is going to be. Mentally the lad needs a bit of TLC.

He will be a very good player.

Completely agree, just think its funny that at 21 Lukaku is "written off" (cant think of a better phrase) but at 24 Cleverly will be a good player. There are some things you cant teach mentally too ;)

Completely agree, just think its funny that at 21 Lukaku is "written off" (cant think of a better phrase) but at 24 Cleverly will be a good player. There are some things you cant teach mentally too ;)

Not written off, but for me is not in the bracket he has been placed. He is not a top end striker and never will be because of his technical limitations - mainly control and touch.

You seen signs that defenders sussed him out after his initial 8 goals in 10 games. They stopped allowing him space, you seen moments when they did give him that freedom like Arsenal and he punished them. He needs defenders to "not mark" him tightly. Sorry but thats just not going to happen, Scott Dann did a number on him as did Lovren in the return fixtures.

He can be a tremendous impact sub or striker that plays off a second man. He stated that he wants Fellaini up front with him for Belgium so he can get space... as he doesn't get any when he's marked. It says alot about the player. He should be the point man for the attacking midfielders Belguim have to hold it up to allow them to join in attack and play one two's with their talented AM's, its not happening because he can't do it.

Not written off, but for me is not in the bracket he has been placed. He is not a top end striker and never will be because of his technical limitations - mainly control and touch.

You seen signs that defenders sussed him out after his initial 8 goals in 10 games. They stopped allowing him space, you seen moments when they did give him that freedom like Arsenal and he punished them. He needs defenders to "not mark" him tightly. Sorry but thats just not going to happen, Scott Dann did a number on him as did Lovren in the return fixtures.

He can be a tremendous impact sub or striker that plays off a second man. He stated that he wants Fellaini up front with him for Belgium so he can get space... as he doesn't get any when he's marked. It says alot about the player. He should be the point man for the attacking midfielders Belguim have to hold it up to allow them to join in attack and play one two's with their talented AM's, its not happening because he can't do it.

ok mate, lets not go into it again :)

sounds bad but I almost don't want Gibson to get fit. I really don't think he could fit in the team now.

Sadly we have stepped up a level since him. Ok if we didn't get Barry he may be a stand in, but really we need a more mobile player to replace Barry.

With the United players that we got on the cheap I think that was more of a reflection of United's appreciation in their desire to play elsewhere. They did it for a number of players.

I can't believe they are paying a reported 34M for Luke Shaw, in that case I guess the price being quoted for Cleverly isn't too bad.

sounds bad but I almost don't want Gibson to get fit. I really don't think he could fit in the team now.

Sadly we have stepped up a level since him. Ok if we didn't get Barry he may be a stand in, but really we need a more mobile player to replace Barry.

I think Gibson would fit into Barry's role perfectly... He's more mobile all be it not by much but he definitely doesn't shy from a tackle and has good range of passing. Fitness is the obvious issue hence I wouldn't rely on him as first choice. And as much as I agree with cleverly having the potential to become a GOOD player, I think we need to replicate the formula of young (McCarthy) and experienced (Barry). Perhaps a Veloso/Defour for me.