IGNORED

Tom Cleverley

I judge from what I've seen...see a lot of utd cos obviously they're on TV a lot and most of my mates are united fans so tend to watch it with them...I've just never seen him have a game that makes me feel he is worthy playing for this team...if he signs he will get my full support and I'd love to be wrong(I was wrong about Barry and happily admitted it)

So you thought Gibson etc. were great buys & McCarthy wasn't overpriced?

Edited by Makis

If Cleverly was ever going to sign then it had to be as an AM either centrally or wider so the Besic deal doesn't change anything. I still think Cleverly would be a good long term replacement for Pienaar (if you were looking for someone to play a similar role that is).

They're absolutely nothing a like

I can't see any similarities Bailey. Pienaar is a link up player who works his socks of and holds the ball up well in the final third. Cleverly is not an advanced player he sits collects and distributes.

No that is just where he played for Utd. Pienaar link up play would probably be better but Cleverly is equally as harder worker, he is better in a more attacking role and he played their under Martinez at Wigan. When he played for England in a more attacking role he was actually pretty good but unfortunately he couldn't finish off the moves much like Pienaar! In terms of their actual attributes they are very similar.

Bailey we'll have to agree to disagree here. I personally think they are absolutely nothing alike and a very weird comparison.

Pienaar does a lot if his work with his back to goal. Unlike Cleverley.

Fair enough.

That's only because they don't currently play in the same system.

You may not like it but this IS going to happen. Im ok with it. I think RM can get the best out of him. Im not really sure why we would want another CM tho. Unless Gibbo is leaving. Would prefer it if we spent 8 mil on a winger or two.

But again, this IS going to happen *nudge nudge, wink, wink

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...