IGNORED

Tom Cleverley

Supposedly we would need to pay a higher asking price for Cleverley than Hull, QPR and Villa would.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2739869/Tom-Cleverley-race-hots-QPR-Everton-target-Manchester-United-misfit.html

Would this be because they paid 27.5 million for Fellaini if it is true?

I'd guess it's because they'd rather send him to the bottom of the table than to a team who is, at this point, direct competition.

Phil McNulty

BBC Sport chief football writer

Cleverley to Everton?

Posted at

20:07

"The word on Merseyside now is Tom Cleverley's desire to work with Roberto Martinez again might lend itself to a move to Everton. Martinez has loads of faith in him from their time together at Wigan. Everton think he would jump at the chance of working for Martinez again."

I actually think he'd be a decent signing I pretty much echo Hafs summaries of him

I'd have liked to have seen us bring in a solid defender but Martinez obviously has faith in what we have and need although personally I can see us shipping goals left right and center if something doesn't change sharpish