IGNORED

Tom Cleverley

RM may have said "refuse villa, we will get you on loan and then a free next year"...maybe...

United would get compensation wouldn't they, or is he over the age now? If so, they'd still get a fairly good amount of money for him because the tribunal (if we couldn't agree with United) would rule positively due to him having England caps etc.

United would get compensation wouldn't they, or is he over the age now? If so, they'd still get a fairly good amount of money for him because the tribunal (if we couldn't agree with United) would rule positively due to him having England caps etc.

He's 25 now, so I don't think so.

I think they may do what Man City did with Barry and put a relatively nominal value on him as part of the loan agreement £2-3m maybe?

Edited by Hafnia

Ossie and Barry both seem to be in the same bracket. You just don't know what you will get from them in terms of energy. Both likely to be tremendous in training and the younger players learn heaps off, but in a full blooded game their legs just dont seem to fire all the time.

I think you know exactly what you'll get from Ossie in terms of energy tbh - not a lot, because he doesn't have a lot, and what he does have is used up pretty fast. Barry, for the most part, is good at conserving his energy and using it economically.

Guest blueboy122

I don't get this unless they've decided that Gibson just isn't good enough anymore.

Agreed I really don't think we need him.

WelBeck is the one I want to see as a replacement for Pienaar on the left. He's got great link up play and more pace than Pienaar.

Really hope we get Milner in as well.

I don't get this unless they've decided that Gibson just isn't good enough anymore.

I don't think it's about Gibbo not being good enough, it's about Gibbo not being fit for any decent period of time.

Exactly, and would be available on a free if he works out well. Can't imagine the loan fee would be that much either.

Anyway, its going to be down to Tom. United will want the cash but if he refuses terms their hand will be forced and they'll have to accept what they can get. That or suffer an unhappy player on 40k a week before losing him on a free, as has been mentioned

Edited by Matt

Martinez on Cleverley:

“He can play in many different positions. We started him out wide and let him come inside. But his best position is central.

“Sometimes you have to start in a false position in your career to get into the team and that was the case with him. He has got the ability to play out wide, he did that for the England Under-21s. But the more mature he gets, the central area is for him.

“Tom Cleverley is Tom Cleverley. He is a unique type of player. He has an incredible knowledge of the game. Tactically he is well ahead of his years. He can fill roles that the team will need."

It seems pretty obvious he sees him as a Pienaar-esque player who can play further forward and link with attacking players, but can also play deeper. I hope we get him.

Supposedly we would need to pay a higher asking price for Cleverley than Hull, QPR and Villa would.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2739869/Tom-Cleverley-race-hots-QPR-Everton-target-Manchester-United-misfit.html

Would this be because they paid 27.5 million for Fellaini if it is true?

Its the Mail so I'm not getting too worked up...

Cleverley is in a position of power, he has one year left and can sign a pre contract with us in January could he not? In other words he can tell united that he is prepared to wait till next year and join us on a free.

This means that United may have to sell him for maybe £2-£3m in order to get some money - or lose that £2-£3m, plus £2m+ in wages.