IGNORED

Tom Cleverley

Alan Irwin just said we didn't even get as far as negotiating personal terms with Cleverley. Go beat him up for lying, J!

I'm torn between asking him how accurate j was or asking him how he felt getting a giant blue dildo shoved down his ear.

It was wrong but I couldn't help but laugh. He's a good bloke and I think he will get more tv time.

Odd this tonight. We didn't request a loan but didn't want or couldn't pay for him. So what was the point of the whole thing? Very strange. Personally I'm disappointed I think he could be a good signing and with Pienaar, Barry and Osman all well into their 30's now another young midfielder would have been useful (if not urgent). I'm just not sure what we expected to get from tonight??

Reports today saying we agreed a 7.5mill fee but then tried to knock it down to 5 mill. In a way I hope it's right, at least it means we've got a few quid sat around.

I was also tagged in a couple of posts this morning....One with the title 'Villa and Everton fans react to not signing Cleverly...' and it's Del boy and Rodney laughing.

Another said 'Everton's most successful transfer window...Not signing Cleverly'.

Hahaha. Not very well thought of, is he?! Poor lad.

Some reports floating about say that Cleverley to Villa on loan is still a possibility after Villa came back for him very late in the window, after we pulled out. Apparently he was at Carrington at 2am getting terms sorted and the loan depends on the paperwork being accepted by the PL/FA

Edited by efc1111

Only could something like this happen with us. We are the most backward club in coming forward.

If United were willing to loan him out why didn't we just do it ourselves and then buy him outright in January? Instead, he could go there and really settle and then not want to come here even though Martinez really wants him.

I won't be arsed about that but Martinez clearly likes the lad.

Edited by Romey 1878

Not to sound bitter or anything (since I'm not a huge supporter of Cleverley at all) but how in the hell do Man U get a loan move approved literally more than 12 hours after the window closed? It just annoys me how many perks these "big clubs" get. Clubs had months to sort a deal out, once the window closes and the paperwork isn't in, it should stay that way. No extensions, none of that bs.

Only could something like this happen with us. We are the most backward club in coming forward.

If United were willing to loan him out why didn't we just do it ourselves and then buy him outright in January? Instead, he could go there and really settle and then not want to come here even though Martinez really wants him.

I won't be arsed about that but Martinez clearly likes the lad.

It's hard to know what really went on. Who's to say that Everton were perfectly willing to do a loan but Man U were trying to call Everton's bluff? Then they realized Everton were serious in not budging and went into crisis mode (relative to the situation) and contacted Villa last minute to scrape together a deal. Or something to that effect. Not that Everton is perfect, but you look at what's been going on here vs. what's been going on there an I find it easier to believe that Man U was the one running around like a headless chicken here and not Martinez. Especially when considering that they were also trying to figure out Welback and Falcao primarily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...