IGNORED

Tom Cleverley

what a strange choice of analogies to think slamming the door in someone's face is the same as not starting a sentence with a capitol letter

obviously im not going to do it because I wont be bullied by you though I did do it accidently initially

you just don't get it do its not your job to dictate to anyone else

I don't think I have come across anyone so arrogant either online or in real life.

Oops :lol:.

For fucks sake let's get a bit of perspective on this!

Crusty is fully capable of putting his posts across well, he CAN structure them perfectly well. Does he??? No, at times they are tough to follow.

Does anyone have the right to be the grammar police? No, but people do - myself and many more included. It's all about the psyche of a forum poster... We are all narcissistic to a degree, we like our points to be heard, our support appreciated, our knowledge respected. Anyone who disagrees probably needs to have a little more self awareness.

For fucks sake let's get a bit of perspective on this!

Crusty is fully capable of putting his posts across well, he CAN structure them perfectly well. Does he??? No, at times they are tough to follow.

Does anyone have the right to be the grammar police? No, but people do - myself and many more included. It's all about the psyche of a forum poster... We are all narcissistic to a degree, we like our points to be heard, our support appreciated, our knowledge respected. Anyone who disagrees probably needs to have a little more self awareness.

There's no capital C in crusty Haf (sorry, haf). don't disrespect the guy, shame on ewe.

just to keep ewe scragg ends up to date

went to the pub last night slammed a few doors in peoples faces

drove home drunk parked on the neighbours front lawn and run over the cat

went in there house battered the kids and raped the wife (hope I got that the right way round I was pissed)

I did not say good night to any one

all because I did not use a capitol letter to start a sentence.

I feel a right woolly.

just to keep ewe scragg ends up to date

went to the pub last night slammed a few doors in peoples faces

drove home drunk parked on the neighbours front lawn and run over the cat

went in there house battered the kids and raped the wife (hope I got that the right way round I was pissed)

I did not say good night to any one

all because I did not use a capitol letter to start a sentence.

I feel a right woolly.

Stop bleating on now.

You've lost me, what's the link to sheep related stuff in thst post?

I think you may be pasture best here Crusty old son.

very good did I tell ewe I used to hoof the ball up field

I don't know who started the sheep thing may be a derby supporter

anyway did I tell you I don't rate cleverley.

To portray football fans as brainwashed would be unfair and to suggest Cleverley is a player who naturally excites would be, at best, a stretch. He is solid, steady, dependable; a cog in the machine rather than one to make sparks fly. There have been plenty of players like that in the past, ones whose ability is not wholly apparent apart from the man who selects him. Michael Carrick, one of the main factors for Cleverley seeking another club, is the perfect example of that.

Ha ha, funny isn't it. What I've said all along. Some fans see football as a game of fa doubles.

To portray football fans as brainwashed would be unfair and to suggest Cleverley is a player who naturally excites would be, at best, a stretch. He is solid, steady, dependable; a cog in the machine rather than one to make sparks fly. There have been plenty of players like that in the past, ones whose ability is not wholly apparent apart from the man who selects him. Michael Carrick, one of the main factors for Cleverley seeking another club, is the perfect example of that.

Ha ha, funny isn't it. What I've said all along. Some fans see football as a game of fa doubles.

And that's fine, him just being a cog in the machine, but we have enough of those already, it's creativity we're massively lacking.

Putting aside my not rating him, Martinez said after the January window closed that going after Cleverley was a mistake because he wasn't the right type of player for what we needed, and that is still the case this summer. Now, if Martinez can find someone stupid enough to take Gibson off our hands, or if he finally realises that Barry cannot play as often as he's making him play, then fair enough I can see the logic behind it. But if neither of those things happen then it just doesn't make sense to sign him.

My only problem with this quote is I think you are using Carrick as your example, a player of much better qualities

cleverly is 2 levels below Carrick he does not have any of the attributes of Carrick ie pick a pass, control the game, or shoot.

Carrick provokes discussion but its about how influential he is compared with other top midfielders a category cleverly will never achieve.

The reality is crusty Carrick still provokes debate as to "what does he offer". I agree Carrick is a far better player, more composed, great range of passing but cleverly has a good engine and good movement. Both ultimately can do a similar job - ball borrowers.

Reading through this thread it seems as though some folks are RAMMING home the point a bit too much. Ovinely speaking that is.

you wouldn't let it lie, I think you are a wolf in etc etc

are you a derby supporter.

Edited by seve

Mark - it's not just creativity. Its players of the 'next' technical level. Players who aren't just average but game changers. Like if Mirallas, Barkley had consistency, if Barry had pace, if McCarthy had goalscoring credentials, Lukaku had a decent 'touch'. We need more than Cleverley, we need players like Dybala, Firmino, Meyer...pricey but worthy next level players.

Mark - it's not just creativity. Its players of the 'next' technical level. Players who aren't just average but game changers. Like if Mirallas, Barkley had consistency, if Barry had pace, if McCarthy had goalscoring credentials, Lukaku had a decent 'touch'. We need more than Cleverley, we need players like Dybala, Firmino, Meyer...pricey but worthy next level players.

Ten, I agree, you know I think he's a poor player, I don't rate him at all. Im just trying to be balanced and see why Martinez may want to bring him here.