IGNORED

Tom Cleverley

It has crossed my mind that Martinez may see him as the answer to our creativity problems... :unsure:

I think that's exactly how he sees him. Didn't he have him playing wide for Wigan?

This will be the "some of our business will be early" option all the reat will be near the end.

I think he'll be one of 3 coming in tbh.

I think that's exactly how he sees him. Didn't he have him playing wide for Wigan?

This will be the "some of our business will be early" option all the reat will be near the end.

I think he'll be one of 3 coming in tbh.

I was meaning him being the central creative player he said he wanted. We'll be bringing in someone else as a proper winger.

I was meaning him being the central creative player he said he wanted. We'll be bringing in someone else as a proper winger.

I know that, what I'm saying is didn't he use him as a winger at Wigan or one of a front 3 kind of thing? I'm sure he did.

If he has played him like that before he'll have no qualms playing him as a number 10.

Think he will do ok with us but not as a creative midfielder, and anyway didn't Martinez say previously that he would look for his "No 10" abroad as that would represent better value than here?.

Still expect us to sign a CB, Winger, FW and creative Mid as well as Cleverley.

Of course he can sign a contract (he could have done it January), it just won't start until July. There have already been other deals.

Of course he could have done it in January because the window was open then :huh:.

Having said that, English clubs can "strike deals" in June even though the window doesn't officially open until July so my mistake.

I think they can sign once the season has finished.

Edit .... i was wrong or was i, ? tranfer window .. ....

9 June – 1 September 1–31 January in England

At midnight on Wednesday 1 July 2015.

The Premier League season wraps up on May 24 so there will almost certainly be a slew of confirmed transfer before that date. But registrations can only be transferred from July 1. Memphis Depay's move to Manchester United is an early example this year.

ADVERTISING
Edited by Bill

I think they can sign once the season has finished.

Edit .... i was wrong or was i, ? tranfer window .. ....

9 June – 1 September 1–31 January in England

At midnight on Wednesday 1 July 2015.

The Premier League season wraps up on May 24 so there will almost certainly be a slew of confirmed transfer before that date. But registrations can only be transferred from July 1. Memphis Depay's move to Manchester United is an early example this year.

From the horse's mouth...

Opening and closing of transfer window

The summer window officially runs from 1 July- 31 August, but English clubs can strike deals from June because the season has ended. The winter window starts from 1 January to 31 January or the first working day afterwards should it fall on the weekend or a holiday.

If it falls after 31 January, because the FIFA Transfer Matching System only allows 31 days of operation in January, the start of the window is brought forward accordingly to maintain this period. For example in 2015, because the window closed on 2 February, it opened on 3 January.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/feb/020215-january-transfer-window-key-points.html

I still think my article is right it says you can sign player once the season is over, both articles agree the starting date, and both say that deals can be done before the 1st of july. That might just come from the same horse. :)

Edited by Bill

I'm indifferent to this. It's not a signing that makes you wanna go out and get his name on the back of your shirt but I actually think he will be good for the squad and Everton will be good for him.

I think we will just have to wait and see

Edited by Hafnia

Is this it then our level to bring in journey men who will make no difference to the team just because he is free?

where are the artetas,graverons,pieanars, who will make a difference, they are out there.

Non of the above mentioned cost a lot.

I know you will say Tom is an England international but come on did you actually watch him last year

6 ok games out of 36 not good enough I would sooner give youth a chance or even sign rodwell back?

from SSN:

12:18

CLEVERLEY CLOSE TO TOFFEES DEAL

Sky sources understand that Tom Cleverley is having a medical withEverton after agreeing a five-year deal.

The midfielder is out contract this summer and while there has been interest from Aston Villa, it looks as though Cleverley is heading to Goodison

Is this it then our level to bring in journey men who will make no difference to the team just because he is free?

where are the artetas,graverons,pieanars, who will make a difference, they are out there.

Non of the above mentioned cost a lot.

I know you will say Tom is an England international but come on did you actually watch him last year

6 ok games out of 36 not good enough I would sooner give youth a chance or even sign rodwell back?

Both Arteta and Pienaar were journeymen when Moyes bought them. Arteta had failed to make it at Barca, so went to Scotland for two years. From there back to Spain to Sevilla where he didn't exactly shine before Moyes bought him. Pienaar played well at Ajax but never settled at Dortmund. Pienaar was actually the same age when he joined on loan as Cleverley is now.