IGNORED

Tom Cleverley

You're either a stalker or just really lucky.

Really lucky. Packed lift couldn't get in, ended up getting next one with Reidy - no one else the poor bastard. As I say, gent, aside from ebbrell the best I've met yet.

Loved Reid as a player, absolutely loved him.

I remember the times when I was excited seeing his name in the Wigan lineup as a young and promising left forward cutting inside. He used to have a good acceleration, decent control of the ball and a pass in him. -It should be also mentioned however that Wigan sucked quite a lot-

Now seriously speaking, player reputation varies too much considering if we take into consideration what they actually do in the pitch.

1) Cleverley plays a few good matches with United. Fergie hypes him up. Gets to play for England.

2) Fans expect world-class performances. Cleverley plays some awful games.

3) Cleverley receives fan abuse. Lad gets his confidence shot.

4) Cleverly goes to Aston Villa. First months he sucks, then Tactics Tim gives him confidence and he becomes a handy player again, even scoring a few.

Overall conclusion for me: nothing spectacular of a player, but he can do the job. It's not like midfielder is the most crowded position of the squad, with permacrocked Gibson on the side. Barry and Besic should play the DM, McCarthy and Cleverley the CM and Barkley and Osman the AMC.

No more need for Baines as a central midfielder, hopefully.

I'm happy with his addition, I expect him to be a good squad player, and to keep the legs fresh when the team inevitably gets some injuries/suspensions/tough fixtures with no time to rest.

A full international, FOR FREE. 25 year old and in his prime. Last year United was asking for £8m!!

Pretty much my thoughts on him signing Kant the only thing I would say is when Fergie was there he did quite well throughout its only when Moyes came in he seemed to do poorly but the whole squad did I think he was an easy target

Cleverly and Fellaini where the fall guys in his short stint at United I think his poor performances where over exaggerated by egotistical fall from grace United fans I mean look at Fellaini now a fan favourite since LVG came along.... Fickle to say the least

Not over the moon by any means but hopefully Martinez can get the best out of him and if he steps up to the plate his ability to move the ball quickly in the middle could be very useful

talking shite mc. lukaku, gerry, mccarthy, lennon, besic. i'm very happy with all those. only knocks are kone, barry, alcaraz. 5 good, 3 bad, that's a great return mate.

Quite the opposite you fruitcake :)

There are only two inspiring signings in those names you mention. Lukaku & Deulofeu.

Lennon - over the hill.

Besic - Unknown quantity doesn't fit in here.

McCarthy - the most overrated £50m player I've ever seen.

Key word being uninspiring. Martinez is good at that

Lennon proved he's far from over the hill he was our most industrious player when he came in definitely worth a punt if the price is right

Besic hasn't been given a chance to "fit in" he's definitely got the ability and potential to become a good player given a set position and a run of games

Mccarthy isn't a £50m player I'm not sure if anyone's ever even said such but he's definitely a very important and valuable cog in our side

I agree with a fair bit of what you say at times but to slate such players when the man you deem a world beater has been lacklustre and uninterested for the most part is daft

Quite the opposite you fruitcake :)

There are only two inspiring signings in those names you mention. Lukaku & Deulofeu.

Lennon - over the hill.

Besic - Unknown quantity doesn't fit in here.

McCarthy - the most overrated £50m player I've ever seen.

Key word being uninspiring. Martinez is good at that

mccarthy was 12m honey, not sure where you got 50m. we'd get 20m minimum for him now so that proves he's been worth it, bad players don't increase in value. same with lennon, 6m when he arrived, now it's 8-12m being bandied about. besic not a bad signing since he was so cheap, unknown but that's not bad.

mccarthy was 12m honey, not sure where you got 50m. we'd get 20m minimum for him now so that proves he's been worth it, bad players don't increase in value. same with lennon, 6m when he arrived, now it's 8-12m being bandied about. besic not a bad signing since he was so cheap, unknown but that's not bad.

. See Hafs latest post.

They're not "bad" players. But they're not players who make the team exceptional... Uninspiring squad players - if you're looking to break the top four

Lennon proved he's far from over the hill he was our most industrious player when he came in definitely worth a punt if the price is right

Besic hasn't been given a chance to "fit in" he's definitely got the ability and potential to become a good player given a set position and a run of games

Mccarthy isn't a £50m player I'm not sure if anyone's ever even said such but he's definitely a very important and valuable cog in our side

I agree with a fair bit of what you say at times but to slate such players when the man you deem a world beater has been lacklustre and uninterested for the most part is daft

As above look at Hafnia's recent posts. If you're inspired by those names you're obviously happy to finish mid table

As above look at Hafnia's recent posts. If you're inspired by those names you're obviously happy to finish mid table

Let's face it: We don't have the funds to purchase the big-name prospects. We must take the uninspiring and inspire them, find the diamond in the rough and polish it, and do well because we're a strong team and not a bunch of prima donna individuals.

. See Hafs latest post.

They're not "bad" players. But they're not players who make the team exceptional... Uninspiring squad players - if you're looking to break the top four

not sure if you realize this, but this is an everton forum. we don't have money, we don't have a sheik owning the club. how do we go about gettiing ronaldo messi and the lads on BK budget MC? who are the players you want? Who would you rather have than mccarthy and how would we afford them?

See Hafs latest post.

You're ignoring the caveat in Haf's post though, "...if he starts adding goals and assists..." so he's talking potential future value if he adds to his game and you're suggesting that he's said he's worth that already, which he didn't.

Fuck me, never thought I'd find myself defending Hafnia :o. Whatever is the world coming to?

You're ignoring the caveat in Haf's post though, "...if he starts adding goals and assists..." so he's talking potential future value if he adds to his game and you're suggesting that he's said he's worth that already, which he didn't.

Fuck me, never thought I'd find myself defending Hafnia :o. Whatever is the world coming to?

I'm suggesting nothing but Hafnia talking absolute bollocks. "If he adds goals and assists to his game he'd be worth £50m".

Absolute tripe. The suggestion is comical, James McCarthy has not got the technical ability to be an all round box to box midfielder worth £50m and anyone who thinks otherwise is ABSOLUTELY clueless

I'm suggesting nothing but Hafnia talking absolute bollocks. "If he adds goals and assists to his game he'd be worth £50m".

Absolute tripe. The suggestion is comical, James McCarthy has not got the technical ability to be an all round box to box midfielder worth £50m and anyone who thinks otherwise is ABSOLUTELY clueless

not sure who pissed in your cheerios mate, but life is for living man, have a beer and cheer up.

not sure if you realize this, but this is an everton forum. we don't have money, we don't have a sheik owning the club. how do we go about gettiing ronaldo messi and the lads on BK budget MC? who are the players you want? Who would you rather have than mccarthy and how would we afford them?

You don't need to be a Messi to compete for the top 4 in England. Players like Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Lescott. Good solid players much much better than those brought in by Martinez. Players that hit the ground running. Yet Martinez has yet to pick a bargain out. I don't think he can.

That post is fine and factual as far as quoting what Haf actually said and giving your opinion. No problem.

Your earlier ones weren't. They were picking out the possible future he saw and ignoring the proviso within it.

That post is fine and factual as far as quoting what Haf actually said and giving your opinion. No problem.

Your earlier ones weren't. They were picking out the possible future he saw and ignoring the proviso within it.

Thanks for that.

Really lucky. Packed lift couldn't get in, ended up getting next one with Reidy - no one else the poor bastard. As I say, gent, aside from ebbrell the best I've met yet.

Loved Reid as a player, absolutely loved him.

I met Beardsley and he seemed overjoyed to be asked about his Blue's days. Seemed genuinely fond of his memories at Goodison.

The real purpose of posting this is to ask if you have a post regarding your meeting with Ebbrell from before? John was mt favourite player growing up and his interviews were quite rare so it would be very interesting to hear your thoughts on you meeting him, thanks.

Regarding Tom, I am somewhat confident he will do a decent job as he has the tools and we know what the Goodison crowd (when properly motivated) can do for a players confidence.

I met Beardsley and he seemed overjoyed to be asked about his Blue's days. Seemed genuinely fond of his memories at Goodison.

The real purpose of posting this is to ask if you have a post regarding your meeting with Ebbrell from before? John was mt favourite player growing up and his interviews were quite rare so it would be very interesting to hear your thoughts on you meeting him, thanks.

Regarding Tom, I am somewhat confident he will do a decent job as he has the tools and we know what the Goodison crowd (when properly motivated) can do for a players confidence.

Ebbrell is a Wirral lad, played for same youth team as I did, I know his niece and dad to chat to but yeah he's very generous with his time when you bump into him. Class act.

MC you having a wee melt down??? Chill out. I don't post that much anymore so I find it calming not to continually lock horns. For what it's worth I have stated why mccarthy is unexciting. I'm sorry that you don't see his value, I do and I'm happy about that. He's a £20m+ player who if he adds the spectacular is worth at least 20m more.

Ebbrell is a Wirral lad, played for same youth team as I did, I know his niece and dad to chat to but yeah he's very generous with his time when you bump into him. Class act.

MC you having a wee melt down??? Chill out. I don't post that much anymore so I find it calming not to continually lock horns. For what it's worth I have stated why mccarthy is unexciting. I'm sorry that you don't see his value, I do and I'm happy about that. He's a £20m+ player who if he adds the spectacular is worth at least 20m more.

Ditto

MC if you are so sick of the tripe you read here why keep coming?

I'm sick of the smell of cow shit, so I don't go to the fucking farm!

Maybe it's like a bad fart you've done. You have a double sniff and say "stinks that" then you go back for another just for prides sake. then sit laughing at the majestic boff you've done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good Interview -

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/07/01/cleverley-everton-an-all-round-package

Tom Cleverley says Everton ticked all the boxes a player looks for when switching to a new club.

The England international explained that the combination of an illustrious history, a passionate fanbase, a talented squad and an ambitious manager was impossible to resist.

Cleverley, 25, will link up his new teammates for pre-season training next week after officially joining the Club today on a five-year deal.

He reportedly turned down the advances of several other clubs in favour of a move to the Blues and to be reunited with manager Roberto Martinez, with whom the England international worked at Wigan Athletic during a successful season-long loan spell in 2010/11.

“I’m delighted to be joining because it's a fantastic club,” he exclusively told evertontv. “There is an all-round package with the history of the Club, the great players that are currently here, the manager and the fans. It's definitely the club I wanted to play for.

“I think Roberto is a great manager and I'm massively looking forward to working with him again. We obviously had a year at Wigan together that I really enjoyed. He knows me and he knows how I like to play, so hopefully we can hit it off again come the start of the season.

“[The move] happened quite quickly, but he told me about how passionate the fans are here and about the young players who play high-energy football like myself, so hopefully I can fit right in with the squad.

“It's difficult to think about targets so soon, but it's a club that can definitely be fighting towards that top six and hopefully go on a good cup run, which was something I was lucky enough to experience [last] year.”

Cleverley is also delighted the 2015/16 Premier League campaign will begin with a home outing.

After playing at Goodison with three different clubs - Wigan Athletic, Manchester United and Aston Villa - he says he is now looking forward to experiencing the stadium as an Everton player when Watford visit Merseyside on 8 August.

“Playing at Goodison Park is something that excites me,” he added. “I've always said it's one of the hardest places to come as an away player because it creates one of the best atmospheres, especially when the team is on top.

“I’ve always enjoyed playing there. It's one of those really exciting grounds and I'm genuinely excited to be here.”