IGNORED

Tom Cleverley

Think he might be the missing piece in our attacks (never thought i'd say that).

He looks polished. Fit. Energetic. And plays to feet, keeps things simple and moving.

Nothing would make me happier than being proven totally wrong about him. If he works out that way he could go down as one of the best signings Martinez has made, especially when you factor in that he was free.

Far too much emphasis is placed on "individuality" - a team does need indivuals, a barkley, mirallas, an inspired Lukaku, but teams need enablers, players who can impact tempo, restrict the other teams ability to move through the lines.

These types of players do not stand out, but they do to their team mates, the game becomes easier when they are on the pitch. With the confidence to assert himself in a team that will give him a fair chance - Cleverley will prove why SAF resisted buying Wes Schneider for daft money.

I will enjoy this lad proving me right, and more importantly making a big impact to us and giving a 2 fingered salute to those man united fans and other bandwagon passengers who made his life a misery.

Not a matter of thinking it was negative, more that attack is better. First half of last season, for 70 mins, it was right.

Last season was one of the most boring seasons I have ever watched EFC the whole season was totally predictable no plan B

so you must have been watching the first half of someone else's season

I agree attack is better i wish i had seen some, all i saw was backward, square, slow, football.

December onward was awful, because we needed to tighten up and we lost all confidence and competence on the ball. Until that point our attacking football was good, it just didn't last the 90 mins and we suffered for it. RM just needs to find the balance again.

Far too much emphasis is placed on "individuality" - a team does need indivuals, a barkley, mirallas, an inspired Lukaku, but teams need enablers, players who can impact tempo, restrict the other teams ability to move through the lines.

These types of players do not stand out, but they do to their team mates, the game becomes easier when they are on the pitch. With the confidence to assert himself in a team that will give him a fair chance - Cleverley will prove why SAF resisted buying Wes Schneider for daft money.

I will enjoy this lad proving me right, and more importantly making a big impact to us and giving a 2 fingered salute to those man united fans and other bandwagon passengers who made his life a misery.

The law of averages would suggest that sooner or later one player will ! :P

• 3 weeks later...

He's very Mccarthy esq in how he goes about his game just a slightly more rounded player with his passing etc, so far so good

good way of putting it. He didn't do much today, in my opinion. Tried some early clever passes that didn't come off then went quiet. But that could just be because compared with the rest of the team, he didn't stand a real chance of being recognized

Tbh I didn't notice him much, but I'm hoping it's like McCarthy working behind the scenes type of thing. He does pass very well though, not a lot of turnovers which is key.

Same for me. I didn't notice him much but that's not necessarily bad. Seems like he did his job and tracked back on defense when necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Its pretty bad by the look of it.

Someone had a freeze frame of his ankle, it looked backward (mid tackle).

I think its a long one.

Really disappointing, he's been easily one of our brightess players since his arrival. I'm actually a bit gutted. He looks up and keeps play moving, something we evidently can't do when he's not on the pitch (see our performance post stretcher).