IGNORED

Tom Cleverley

Most people struggle to see what the likes of McCarthy offers, as well as the likes of Cleverly - the also fail to see what Michael Carrick offers.

It doesn't mean they offer nothing - they do offer qualities that are just not as apparent.

I'd like to see him run the show against Liverpool in the Fa cup semi final

you quoted all them stats about lennon but none for cleverly I wonder why

must be only you can see the hidden talent.

I can see very well what carrick and McCarthy offer but cleverly no

Edited by seve

you quoted all them stats about lennon but none for cleverly I wonder why

must be only you can see the hidden talent.

I can see very well what carrick and McCarthy offer but cleverly no

Lennon is an attacking player who is measured "tangibly" by goals, assists, key passes etc.

Central midfield players are difficult to tangibly measure - for example, give me some stats that would support why Matic is possibly the best midfielder this season....

I honestly don't think you do observe very much, a lot of what you state is very much "bloke chatting lazy stuff in the pub".

Lennon is an attacking player who is measured "tangibly" by goals, assists, key passes etc.

Central midfield players are difficult to tangibly measure - for example, give me some stats that would support why Matic is possibly the best midfielder this season....

I honestly don't think you do observe very much, a lot of what you state is very much "bloke chatting lazy stuff in the pub".

you mean if I don't agree with you im just an old man in a pub I new you were full of your own self importance but now you are just embarrassing yourself

you can get as many stats as you want for midfielders but that would only prove my point because his record is so poor.

you mean if I don't agree with you im just an old man in a pub I new you were full of your own self importance but now you are just embarrassing yourself

you can get as many stats as you want for midfielders but that would only prove my point because his record is so poor.

I know it's quite a challenge but could you try to press the shift key for the first letter in a sentence? Speaking of sentences I assume the first line is a full sentence (hard to be sure because you don't make any sense)? If it is, you finish a sentence with a period. There are a couple of other things in there as well, but let's start with the basics, shall we?

You mean if I don't agree with you im just an old man in a pub?

I knew you were full of your own self importance but now you are just embarrassing yourself.

You can get as many stats as you want for midfielders but that would only prove my point because his record is so poor.

No, I just think that your posts are not even thought out, very lazy. A bit like watching a 12 year old being asked their views on the general election, kinda regurgitating stuff they've heard their parents talking about.

I actually provided accurate stays and you don't even have the basic facts correct, so how can you have an informed opinion???

No, I just think that your posts are not even thought out, very lazy. A bit like watching a 12 year old being asked their views on the general election, kinda regurgitating stuff they've heard their parents talking about.

I actually provided accurate stays and you don't even have the basic facts correct, so how can you have an informed opinion???

unlike you who just quotes anyone who agrees with you, yours is the laziest quote of all headlines and Sherwood

not an original thought in your head.

gone to the pub.

I know it's quite a challenge but could you try to press the shift key for the first letter in a sentence? Speaking of sentences I assume the first line is a full sentence (hard to be sure because you don't make any sense)? If it is, you finish a sentence with a period. There are a couple of other things in there as well, but let's start with the basics, shall we?

nar

Most people struggle to see what the likes of McCarthy offers, as well as the likes of Cleverly - the also fail to see what Michael Carrick offers.

It doesn't mean they offer nothing - they do offer qualities that are just not as apparent.

I'd like to see him run the show against Liverpool in the Fa cup semi final

I said we should sell baines to raise funds for mccarthy and build the team around him instea. Really not saw much in cleverleys play, nothing bad but nothing good either.

He's not writing Shakespeare, I understood it perfectly well.

Not everyone is blessed with perfect grammar. It's an internet forum he's not getting marked for his punctuation either.

Sorry Makis but I think you're a bit out of order with that post, he's posting his opinion how he writes it (as long as it's readable) is irrelevant to the point.

To look down your nose at him because he's not up to much with his grammar is not on.

Maybe you should try and be a little less condescending to people who are trying to make an input.

Edited by Paddock

People can try to make an effort. I think unless the person has a disability it's more a question of disrespect to others to not bother to even try to write properly.

I think that's the point you have no idea of my circumstances but choose the holier than thou route

just shows the more educated people are the more the ignorance comes out.

People can try to make an effort. I think unless the person has a disability it's more a question of disrespect to others to not bother to even try to write properly.

So if someone is not very academically bright unless they're diabled they have no excuse?

Wow, just wow.

So if someone is not very academically bright unless they're diabled they have no excuse?

Wow, just wow.

Yes. I don't think any non-disabled person is unable to learn that a sentence starts with a capital letter and ends with a punctuation mark (period, exclamation mark, etc). If they do I'd say they have some sort of disability and I hope at least they don't have a driver's license since learning the laws would obviously be impossible.

Yes. I don't think any non-disabled person is unable to learn that a sentence starts with a capital letter and ends with a punctuation mark (period, exclamation mark, etc). If they do I'd say they have some sort of disability and I hope at least they don't have a driver's license since learning the laws would obviously be impossible.

Your arrogance absolutely astounds me. Not only do you not know what Crustys personal circumstances but chose to speak to him like he was 6 anyway but some people just don't do that well academically but can be skilled massively in other aspects of life.

People can offer lots of different things to society and should not be made to feel inferior just because they struggle with basic English.

Your arrogance absolutely astounds me. Not only do you not know what Crustys personal circumstances but chose to speak to him like he was 6 anyway but some people just don't do that well academically but can be skilled massively in other aspects of life.

People can offer lots of different things to society and should not be made to feel inferior just because they struggle with basic English.

Are you seriously saying that you need to have an academic background to be able to start a sentence with a capital letter?

Are you seriously saying that you need to have an academic background to be able to start a sentence with a capital letter?

no im not but I don't have to obey a pompous prick like you.

nor do I need permission off you on how to post.

have you any views on football or is that beneath you

Edited by seve

No I'm seriously saying some people don't know and even when they've been told it's probably not that important to them anyway, it's just a post on an internet forum he's not writing War and Peace so he shouldn't be spoken to like he's an idiot as he quite clearly isn't.

In short, who are you to jusge him and speak to him like that!

For all you know he could have a disabilty preventing him doing that but regardless just because he can't punctuate or form a sentence or choses not to doesn't mean he can be demeaned.

No I'm seriously saying some people don't know and even when they've been told it's probably not that important to them anyway, it's just a post on an internet forum he's not writing War and Peace so he shouldn't be spoken to like he's an idiot as he quite clearly isn't.

For all you know he could have a disabilty preventing him doing that but regardless just because he can't punctuate or form a sentence or choses not to doesn't mean he can be demeaned.

thanks for your comments on this I know you are not supporting me personally but you are defending decency which makis has none

and his comments about disability and driving are outrageous a real warm human being (not)

there is no way I will start a sentence with a capital letter now just to please him.

once again thanks.

Edited by seve

thanks for your comments on this I know you are not supporting me personally but you are defending decency which makis has none

and his comments about disability and driving are outrageous a real warm human being (not)

there is no way I will start a sentence with a capital letter now just to please him.

once again thanks.

I am suporting you and anyone else who struggles with basic English etc. nobody has a right to condescend anyone who they know nothing about on an internet forum for not using punctuation or grammar. I find it tantamount to bullying albeit you're a grown man and probably not bothered, others may be really embarrassed and could stop posting.

I think it takes courage to post when you know you're spelling and grammar is poor and good for you for not letting it stop you and just because yours or anyone elses on an internet forum isn't up to scratch doesn't mean your opinion is any less valid or someone who is more blessed than you in that type of thing can treat you like A Is for Apple etc.

Everyone should be able to post without fear of ridicule or being mocked by someone for whatever reason.

You just proved my point.

Do you also think being rude in the real life is ok, if someone just doesn't care?

Enough of this now surely.

Personally I'm a bit anal about grammar, probably due to the fact that back in the days when I was at school it was "all important" and it was drummed into us at primary level.

From time to time it comes up and (for me) it's only fair to pick up someone when they've been a picker themselves, or when it's a "mate" who you know will take it in good heart.

I'd be happy if everyone was grammatically perfect but probably none of us are (I'm certainly not); no need for unprovoked random attacks though I don't think.

You just proved my point.

Do you also think being rude in the real life is ok, if someone just doesn't care?

I've not proved anything for you.

I've said what I have to say on this now so I'll let it be.

If you don't like his posts either ignore him or don't read them butdon't talk to him like he's a 6 year old child that you can scold because you don't like what he's doing.

You have no right to judge or call out anybody here just because they can't process a paragraph or sentence correctly, it's rude and lacks character.

Enough of this now surely.

Personally I'm a bit anal about grammar, probably due to the fact that back in the days when I was at school it was "all important" and it was drummed into us at primary level.

From time to time it comes up and (for me) it's only fair to pick up someone when they've been a picker themselves, or when it's a "mate" who you know will take it in good heart.

I'd be happy if everyone was grammatically perfect but probably none of us are (I'm certainly not); no need for unprovoked random attacks though I don't think.

And that's fine. I've no problem with you pulling me or anybody pulling me. My grammar is a long way off being even good but it's ok so if I miss something a gentle jibe is all good but to lambast someone who quite clearly struggles to genuinely post grammatically correct is just wrong in my eyes and a sure way to lose posters.

Makis.

Many grammar mistakes have been made by yourself on this page.

Maybe it is you who should not be so lazy and make an effort when making your posts, especially when it is only you who feels that there are no excuses for it.

I have no problem with how people post (grammar or abbreviations), but do have a problem with people who believe they are better than everyone else, and people who do not notice their own mistakes, but like to point out others.

Makis.

Many grammar mistakes have been made by yourself on this page.

Maybe it is you who should not be so lazy and make an effort when making your posts, especially when it is only you who feels that there are no excuses for it.

I have no problem with how people post (grammar or abbreviations), but do have a problem with people who believe they are better than everyone else, and people who do not notice their own mistakes, but like to point out others.

Jesus. I was hoping people would listen to MikeO but one more time: of course people make errors. For me English is the third language I have learned so it's not even close to being my native tongue. I have nowhere said people shouldn't make mistakes. I know I do. But I do oppose to doing it on purpose because that's just rude to others. It's a bit like not greeting your neighbour in the morning, jumping the line or not holding the door for the lady behind you but instead slamming it shut in front of her. Things that are not done by accident. Not starting sentences with a capital letter regularly can't be an accident, neither can lacking periods at the end of them. English is a complex language so missing a comma here or there or making a typo happens to almost everyone.

This is the last post from me on this thread about this subject.

Edited by Makis

Jesus. I was hoping people would listen to MikeO but one more time: of course people make errors. For me English is the third language I have learned so it's not even close to being my native tongue. I have nowhere said people shouldn't make mistakes. I know I do. But I do oppose to doing it on purpose because that's just rude to others. It's a bit like not greeting your neighbour in the morning, jumping the line or not holding the door for the lady behind you but instead slamming it shut in front of her. Things that are not done by accident. Not starting sentences with a capital letter regularly can't be an accident, neither can lacking periods at the end of them. English is a complex language so missing a comma here or there or making a typo happens to almost everyone.

This is the last post from me on this thread about this subject.

what a strange choice of analogies to think slamming the door in someone's face is the same as not starting a sentence with a capitol letter

obviously im not going to do it because I wont be bullied by you though I did do it accidently initially

you just don't get it do its not your job to dictate to anyone else

I don't think I have come across anyone so arrogant either online or in real life.