IGNORED

Tom Cleverley

• 2 weeks later...

Be interesting to see if there's a player left after all he's been through.

There certainly isn't one left at the moment. Robbie Savage had it right when during the game yesterday he said that Cleverley's needs to do something. Because he was doing absolutely nothing. Which is nothing new, that's standard practice for him.

The facf Martinez is relentlessly chasing him (so it appears anyway) worries me massively. He is not good enoughfor us and most definitely NOT the type of player we need to take us up a notch.

He's fellflat at United and I was keen to see how he done at Villa and was genuinally not sure if United had just stagnated him and thought there may of been a player in there somewhere but he's picked up at Villa exactly where he left off at United. He's fucking garbage and offers nothing to the team. He can't even get a sarting place in a Villa side that's playing terrible and on a massive slide.

players like Cleverley and Mcgeady that Martinez chases stating they are phenominal footballers etc etc point to the fact the type of players he thinks will improve us as a team are not up to standard in fact they're fucking woeful, a blind and deaf hermit could see it so why can't Martinez.

Edited by Paddock

Martinez needs to replace Pienaar, Osman, Howard, Distin and Gibson and add at least one winger. How do you do this without lots of money? Sign some foreigners from weaker leagues just because they have exotic names?

Cleverley was very highly thought of at ManU when he was 20. During Moyes's season there people pretty much expected him to run the midfield and when he didn't they turned on him. He has ability but whether he has lost it all during the last few years is the key question. I find Cleverly a low risk signing because he's not going to ask for king's ransom in wages and is on a free. If, however, Martinez can dig out the Cleverley who was playing for him at Wigan he would be a good signing. At worst he replaces Gibson who never plays.

Edited by Makis

I think if we go for cleverly it shows we have no ambition

he has been awful at villa I don't know where this he was highly

thought of at man u comes from all the ones I know never rated him and he never got a game

even at villa if he was picked he was always substituted

lack of money does not equal lack of ambition

There is a player in there, even if its not been obvious for a few years. He's now playing in a poor Villa squad so he looks... Poor! Like Benteke did in that cup game too.

On a free, we've got a potential decent squad midfielder to replace Ossie. We've got a potential profit if he's a flop. Nothing to lose in my opinion.

It's the only reason we didn't trigger his release cause in January. Everton believed the move (Villa) would improve his performances and show off his 'talent' and so getting him in Jan meant they didn't have to fight it out over him during the summer window, as he'll have been a free agent.

The move hasn't gone as we thought and will wait for the summer, as the clubs who were originally sniffing have since disappeared and looking for alternative options.

If his move was a hit, I wouldn't have been surprised if he either joined us there and then, or had some sort of pre-contractual agreement.

It's the only reason we didn't trigger his release cause in January. Everton believed the move (Villa) would improve his performances and show off his 'talent' and so getting him in Jan meant they didn't have to fight it out over him during the summer window, as he'll have been a free agent.

The move hasn't gone as we thought and will wait for the summer, as the clubs who were originally sniffing have since disappeared and looking for alternative options.

If his move was a hit, I wouldn't have been surprised if he either joined us there and then, or had some sort of pre-contractual agreement.

The other clubs who were interested disappearing should be an indicator that we should do the same. I doubt we will, unfortunately, and we'll soon have him disappearing as part of our midfield.

it would be ok as a free signing but I don't think there is a premier player in there.

and would sooner pay his wages to someone with more potential but I think Roberto will jump at the signing.

By that logic they should sign me :huh:.

Too late now, they missed their chance B).

I defended the lad in the past and thought that there was a good chance if he did come in (last season) we might be able to get the best out of him but after his stint at Villa I'm glad we didn't take the chance he's looked piss poor and just ghosts through games

He's not the type of player we should be looking at we need an Arteta esq player again and I think we missed a trick and bargain in Carlos Gil

I defended the lad in the past and thought that there was a good chance if he did come in (last season) we might be able to get the best out of him but after his stint at Villa I'm glad we didn't take the chance he's looked piss poor and just ghosts through games

He's not the type of player we should be looking at we need an Arteta esq player again and I think we missed a trick and bargain in Carlos Gil

Agreed if they go down maybe we could get him at a bargain. Throw benteke and Delph in too why don't ya.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rusty747

The only way I would be happy with Cleverley joining is if it was to help a promotion push from the Championship after we get relegated.

that's all we need one of villas worst players always first subbed if he gets a start

creates nothing hes very good at running to the full back getting the ball and passing it to the cb

then run away getting him would be like throwing a lump of concrete to a drowning man.

my villa mate reckons they would miss the tea lady more if she left.

• 1 month later...