IGNORED

Tom Cleverley

We're playing poker with Man U!

They wanted £7-8m for someone with 1 yr left on the contract... Villa would pay that... Cleverley didn't want to go there... Martinez loves him but won't pay that for such a short contract... Cleverley wants the move to us because of Martinez... we want a loan deal... they want a permanent deal... we say we're out... do they blink first? Doubt it - they're the biggest club in the world!!!

Boom.

Everton have said they're done and no deals will be happening. They didn't say that last summer. I'm hoping it's smoke and mirrors but I very much doubt it.

No sorry, I meant smoke and mirrors over the reason for it not happening. Yes, one wanted a loan, one wanted permanent. But with Martinez being such a big admirer of Cleverly...then we either didn't have the money or Utd wanted too much.

Anyway, most the stuff I write is cheeky quips, especially today!

Linked with a Lukaku and McCarthy for the majority of the day.

Meanwhile Ben Arfa heads to Hull.

Ah ah ah...no no no...give you Mccarthy. Not Lukaku. He was on his way to WBA, no doubt. I even remember my step sons Dad phoning late at night getting all excited (WBA fans)...then suddenly...he's coming our way.

If it's true that we just wouldn't pay the fee, it suggests we don't have much money so January is unlikely to be a window we can improve things if our season is on a dodgy footing - which isn't beyond the realms of possibility when you see how we've defended so far this season. Gonna need to work on defending in training big time!

If it's true that we just wouldn't pay the fee, it suggests we don't have much money so January is unlikely to be a window we can improve things if our season is on a dodgy footing - which isn't beyond the realms of possibility when you see how we've defended so far this season. Gonna need to work on defending in training big time!

Or it suggests we didn't think he was worth the money they were asking.

Or it just suggests that they didn't see the fee as worth it when they have a good chance of picking him up for a negligible sum of money in 4-5 months.

I think even if Robbie does love him like a son etc. If the price was 8 mill, for a player who will hardly play, with less than a year of contract to run...Robbie would know that price is not reasonable.

Right now...Bills on the phone, calling the next on the list, with a recording of Robbies best charming lines playing out in the background.

United were more than willing to sell and we wouldn't pay. That's hardly United 'stopping' it.

I think what Martinez did was right though. We showed interest with Cleverley, he knew we wanted him. We agreed terms. Martinez knows that he has a year left on his contract and doesn't want to pay a ridiculous amount of money. We will get him for either 3/4 mil in January or on a pre-contract.

My rep? Nah, Tom's terms and personal details were all done, United stopped it. Would have happened otherwise. I did say 90% as well, everything bar the goahead.

What I was told was spot on!

SSN just said it never even got to the personal negotiating stage! Christ, it was miles away from happening!!!