IGNORED

Tom Cleverley

Regarding the Europa cup I don't think we will need a first team selection until say the quarter finals I know it's a big shout but I expect to get to at least the semi finals and possibly win it it's our best route to the champions league.

Sounds like the attitude we seem to have to the League Cup, and look how that's turned out.

Regarding the Europa cup I don't think we will need a first team selection until say the quarter finals I know it's a big shout but I expect to get to at least the semi finals and possibly win it it's our best route to the champions league.

If we go into it with that attitude there is absolutely no way we will make it out of the group stages. We should start with our strongest possible line up and once we have qualified play the kids/fringe players in the remaining games otherwise there was no point qualifying in the first place

Depends on how things are going in the league who we've brought in how fit the lads are and so on there are to many variable's to make that assumption.

In theory I agree with what You and Romey are saying so I'd go with the middle ground and play a strong side containing some of the more capable and likely to play a part in the future younger lads but only if they are upto it.

We have a good but relatively small group which I'm sure Martinez will add quality and numbers to so let's wait and see

Edited by EFC-Paul

If you think Martinez will play the 1st 11 in this competition in the early stages you are wrong.

So if we are playing malmo on the Thursday and liverpool on the sun you expect him to play the strongest team against malmo ?

I honestly think that if Malmö was in the prem they wouldnt get relegated. They would be down there but i think they would surprise you Patto

I honestly think that if Malmö was in the prem they wouldnt get relegated. They would be down there but i think they would surprise you Patto

Was going to say I think Malmo's a poor example of "weak" opposition; they've got a better European pedigree than us and have been to a European Cup final!

For £3m would gave no problem with him coming in and giving it a go. Anything more we are taking a huge risk because I haven't seen anything outstanding from him. I think he's lightweight, slow and as said above a floater.

For £3m would have no problem with him coming in and giving it a go. Anything more we are taking a huge risk because I haven't seen anything outstanding from him. I think he's lightweight, slow and as said above a floater.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Was going to say I think Malmo's a poor example of "weak" opposition; they've got a better European pedigree than us and have been to a European Cup final!

They are currently playing a really good football too and if any swedish team is going to have a good run in europe its Malmö (unfortunatly)

If you think Martinez will play the 1st 11 in this competition in the early stages you are wrong.

So if we are playing malmo on the Thursday and liverpool on the sun you expect him to play the strongest team against malmo ?

Moyes always used to take the competition seriously , what makes you so certain that Martinez will be any different?

malmo was just an example peter sorry if I offended any of our members.

I couldn't remember some of the crap teams we played when last in the competition.

Half of Everton's 4 European runs in the last 20 years were ended before they even got started by Dinamo Bucharest and Standard Liège...

Personally, I'd be happy with Cleverley. Until his recent bouts with injury, he was a very good player with a lot of potential. He's taken a lot of stick recently but not reacted negatively. Martinez knows him from the past and will be able to get the best out of him. He could turn out to be a real bargain.

The positives are that he is a tidy footballer (never going to do what Ross does but still tidy non the less) and has potential to get better. The fact Berto rates him speaks volumes. He isn't injury prone like Gibbo and being English and young if he finds form again like so many players have with us his resale value can rocket. For the right price it makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though Galloway is being reported to be in the next 24hrs, it's already complete. Cleverly is the next player to sign after Greg Okeefe announces Galloway joins tomorrow. Barry was completed last week, delay for announcement was due to the fee with City, we paid a small compensation but not the full 2m as we threatened legal action. Cleverly next

I'm pleased. A bit of TLC, out the gazing eye of the prawn butty brigade who think every young player to come through the ranks need to be scholes or Beckham and he will be absolutely fine.

He's a one and two touch player who will really do well under Roberto. Good signing.

I'm pleased. A bit of TLC, out the gazing eye of the prawn butty brigade who think every young player to come through the ranks need to be scholes or Beckham and he will be absolutely fine.

He's a one and two touch player who will really do well under Roberto. Good signing.

Fully agree

I think its quite ironic if we get him, they bought a £27m midfielder off us who typifies a non footballing style (physicality, aerial ability) and they were considered a footballing side.

It then turns out that a player who received an undue amount of criticism despite being highly rated by the likes of SAF and Martinez as a proper footballer has to leave to revive his career...

in short we could end up getting a gem on the cheap here chaps. Try not to pay too much attention to the "hype" of Cleverely being so bad, he really isn't.

This is exactly the type of signing that spells out "Stagnate".

He's a good mid table player at best. He'd do well at Hull like Huddlestone.

This is the type of signing thats spells out what is wrong with the so called top 4. Young players built up and knocked down before they have actually developed into a player.

The lad had to actually close down his twitter account due to abuse from his own fans. People making petitions about him, Carricks Q&A being hijacked by fans using it as an opportunity to slate Cleverly. Its completely insane that humans are treated like this.

The likes of Barkley, McCarthy would probably get the same level of treatement off that lot for not being Paul Scholes.

Horrible fans. I really hope the lad proves them wrong.