IGNORED

Tom Cleverley

New Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal insists every member of the current squad has the chance to be part of his plans.

My method is always the same.
I want to look at the players now, who are here at present
Of course I know how the players play but I don’t know how the players play once I have trained and coached them.
The first three, four weeks I want to see what they can do and then maybe I will buy more players.

So, we can forget about any rumours about Man Utd players until TDD

• 3 weeks later...

Surely we're well stocked in this area now? Need to be looking at wingers and another striker with whatever money we have left and shouldn't even be thinking of wasting £8m on him.

Agreed 100%. If we have £8m even left to spend would like to see it put on another player and maybe a loan deal on those two positions.

During halftime of this ManU vs Liverpool relegation practice match, Fox Sports commentators mentioned only Everton being linked to Tom Cleverley and that ManU are making cuts after this game. I'm guessing we'll know in only "48 hours"?

This is one deal where I'll be hoping there's a hitch, and a terminal one at that.

8m is still too much, and now we have Besic I dont know where Cleverly would play. Id still like him here mind you, just much cheaper.

Exactly, I don't know where he would fit in either. If we didn't sign Barry or Besic then I would have wanted him! He is a CAM as well and I don't think he would get ahead of Barkley. He can play a CM role but McCarthy/Barry have a good working together. Not forgetting Besic arrival....

What is the going rate for a player who has played in the national team & is still quite young?

8 million is the new 5 million. If Sunderland is paying 10 million for Rodwell and Liverpool paid 26 million for Lallana...

Oh, and Arsenal paid 16 million of Calum Chambers. Hull paid 7 million for Snodgrass and 8 million for Livermore!

Edited by Makis

Guest blueboy122

I don't question that the criticism he has received has been over the top and some unfair.

But I think as a club we have moved on from this calibre of a player.

I judge from what I've seen...see a lot of utd cos obviously they're on TV a lot and most of my mates are united fans so tend to watch it with them...I've just never seen him have a game that makes me feel he is worthy playing for this team...if he signs he will get my full support and I'd love to be wrong(I was wrong about Barry and happily admitted it)