IGNORED

Southampton vs Everton

shiva

mcgeady needs to start, gerry needs the bench. naisy needs the bench again. and barkley needs a full 90 minutes to get his confidence back and to play his regular position, ACM, not wing, not deep.

also i miss pienaar more every match, i'm the only one saying it, but without link up play, baines is an island. he was available for passes every time gerry had the ball, and none went to him, and osman drifts inside thinking he's ACM so not much happens there either. mcgeady linked up with him and go figure that was our most dangerous possession when he put it in the box. coleman is fine on his own, baines is not, we need to recognize that and utilize it.

man city is going to be a whopper of a match, i hope we are up for it.

Was going to point out that I posted about Pienaar above until I saw that you had seen it :). It's a shame really how we're scrambling a bit with players at the moment, whether due to injury, fatigue, or dips of form. Ever since that Arsenal game, we haven't been the same. The few results we got after, we weren't playing up to par and many of us (including myself) were saying wins like that are what builds character. In reality it was a precursor to problems and the most recent injuries plus not having much cover for our players has really exposed us.

Was going to point out that I posted about Pienaar above until I saw that you had seen it :). It's a shame really how we're scrambling a bit with players at the moment, whether due to injury, fatigue, or dips of form. Ever since that Arsenal game, we haven't been the same. The few results we got after, we weren't playing up to par and many of us (including myself) were saying wins like that are what builds character. In reality it was a precursor to problems and the most recent injuries plus not having much cover for our players has really exposed us.

yeah i've been on the pienaar kick every since he's been out, his creativity and link up play with baines is really missed. osman doesn't do well there, gerry no, and mirallas does best on the right, and RM won't' give McGeady a chance to start so it's doomed from the beginning. i get that he doesn't have a full 90 in him, but we don't need a full 90 from him, we have bench guys to throw on to do the last 30.

yeah i've been on the pienaar kick every since he's been out, his creativity and link up play with baines is really missed. osman doesn't do well there, gerry no, and mirallas does best on the right, and RM won't' give McGeady a chance to start so it's doomed from the beginning. i get that he doesn't have a full 90 in him, but we don't need a full 90 from him, we have bench guys to throw on to do the last 30.

I'm with you on McGeady, there's no reason for him not to be starting. He's not fit to go 90 and won't be until he gets a preseason under him but he has played well just about every game he has played. Deulofeu needs to be used as an impact sub against tired legs the rest of the season and then reevaluate after he gets a full preseason under him as well.

This game shows why we need reinforcements in midfield. Barry lacked energy and McCarthy spent too much time covering for him. I would have dropped Barry and played McCarthy and Barkley in the middle, more energy and dynamism.

Cant play Barkley on the left, hes not a winger, or wide player and never will be. Need to play him in the middle, were he can pass and run past the attacker. stuck on the wing he isnt able to offer much at all.

If we are going to play Naisy in the middle then he needs to be used as a striker with Lukaku on the right cutting in and one of our wingers on the left.

This game shows why we need reinforcements in midfield. Barry lacked energy and McCarthy spent too much time covering for him. I would have dropped Barry and played McCarthy and Barkley in the middle, more energy and dynamism.

Cant play Barkley on the left, hes not a winger, or wide player and never will be. Need to play him in the middle, were he can pass and run past the attacker. stuck on the wing he isnt able to offer much at all.

If we are going to play Naisy in the middle then he needs to be used as a striker with Lukaku on the right cutting in and one of our wingers on the left.

Have you really not noticed that Barkley did not play on the wing today?

Have you really not noticed that Barkley did not play on the wing today?

I thought he did, he kept drifting inside tho, otherwise who else was playing on the wing with Dela?

Lukaku and Naisy were central.

Mind you we were so all over the place at times it was hard to tell who was supposed to playing where.

I thought he did, he kept drifting inside tho, otherwise who else was playing on the wing with Dela?

Mind you we were so all over the place at times it was hard to tell who was supposed to playing where.

Naismith played out wide, then he swapped with Lukaku and played central. I'm not even sure Barkley was on the pitch today.

Barkley was playing in the middle in behind Lukaku. Naismith played on the right during the first half.

It just looked a leggy crappy end of season with nothing to play for game from us. Roberto I hope has read the riot act.Its a different game when you go a goal down in a minute but we just didn't have the desire,invention or spirit to get back in the game which is alarming. I agree with a lot of posters on here about our midfield. Oviedo has been a huge miss and even if we keep all of our players we need three midfielders. One being a box to box player and the other a number ten as most important. As for strikers Roberto wants four for next season. Kone,Naisy,Traore and one other. Lukaku will not be the fourth. If we can all see how poor he is at a lot of aspects of his game then so will Roberto. Bony will cost huge money so that wont be happening, we need pace and intelligence that bring other players into the game. Lukaku is awful in the air and his first touch is embarrassing. I think the Palace game killed us Arsenal aren't going to slip up now.

Both McGeady and Dela are natural wide players so why keep 1 on the bench?

I would have played Naisy up front today and dropped Lukaku, as he has looked tired in the last 2 games.

would have , should have, could have..... You'd be the greatest manager of all time after the game. I see there was no post from you at the beginning of the game mentioning these points.

I hope. Man utd get beat, spurs get beat... The shite then get beat then we lose to city but will still get Europa and the shite faulter for the title. I would be a happy man.

I never would want to see us lose just so the shite could get knocked down a place. I know where your sentiment is coming from, but that's just petty.

I think the Palace game killed us Arsenal aren't going to slip up now.

Agreed, and there's no guarantee we'll get a Europa spot. Spurs have two easy games and should win out, United could easily win out (Sunderland and Hull at home, Southampton away), we have City at home and Hull away. If we lose to City, we need a point at Hull. Could be tricky.

Do the board want Europa league? extra games more players needed?

Yes, it'll raise our profile across Europe and if Kenwright really does have extra funds to spend, we'll be able to to reinforce the squad. I'm tired of having friends here in the states tell me that they didn't expect this from Everton despite us finishing in the top 8 for years now

Why are you worried about spurs? Fuck em. It is what it is. Southampton away was always a hard fixture. I said this a couple of weeks ago. The fact we played shite didn't help

Because I still want to finish as high as possible and qualify for Europe. Don't you?