IGNORED

Southampton vs Everton

shiva

Hi guys!

I am just wondering if any one of you have 2 spare tickets to Everton vs Southampton match on 26/04/2014.

My partners birthday is on that date and i wanted to get him pair of tickets, but they are already sold out and we dont want to sit squeezed between Southampton fans (surprise surprise - tickets for Southampton fans are still available) :(

if any of you have spare ones - please shout! :) (or email to m8inja@inbox.lv)

Thank you!

I'm looking forward to this match, going to be wide open I believe. I'm hoping we see this lineup

Howard

Coleman Stones Alcaraz Baines

McCarthy Barry

McGeady Naismith Osman

Lukaku

I don't want to see one trick pony Gerry, I think we need someone on the left who will link up with baines, otherwise he's on an island and it's wasted talent. Barkley needs to sit because he's been off it lately. I'm confident we can win now that jay Rodriguez is out, this will still be a tough match.

I'm looking forward to this match, going to be wide open I believe. I'm hoping we see this lineup

Howard

Coleman Stones Alcaraz Baines

McCarthy Barry

McGeady Naismith Osman

Lukaku

I don't want to see one trick pony Gerry, I think we need someone on the left who will link up with baines, otherwise he's on an island and it's wasted talent. Barkley needs to sit because he's been off it lately. I'm confident we can win now that jay Rodriguez is out, this will still be a tough match.

I'd play Deulofeu instead of Osman.

My problem with that is he won't pass to baines. Which renders baines ineffective, why play someone who alienates teammates because they are so selfish? Well be so one dimensional with Gerry out there, he's better as a sub

I understand exactly what you are saying, but I believe that he's actually become less selfish recently -- even when he is being selfish, his movement disrupts defenses. I can just see him terrorizing the Southampton fullbacks.

Honestly, Osman has been less consistent to me than Gerry. One thing that bothers me about Osman is how often he shoots from far out. He scores the occasional cracker, but he also wastes chances too. Osman seems to act better as a sub these days.

I understand exactly what you are saying, but I believe that he's actually become less selfish recently -- even when he is being selfish, his movement disrupts defenses. I can just see him terrorizing the Southampton fullbacks.

Honestly, Osman has been less consistent to me than Gerry. One thing that bothers me about Osman is how often he shoots from far out. He scores the occasional cracker, but he also wastes chances too. Osman seems to act better as a sub these days.

Agreed, I'm not big on osman, I'd have Pienaar back anyday, but he's injured. With Mirallas out as well looks like it's either Mcgeady and Gerry on the wings, or throw ross out there which I really don't want to see.

I like the idea of throwing some younger players out there. Hell, if we are eliminated from 4th by the time we play Hull, i wouldn't mind if we threw out a first 11 consisting of McAleny, Browning, Garbutt, maybe even Chris Long.../... oh, and maybe that young Hibbert fellow, I hear he can put in a tackle.

Edited by Quinn31

I like the idea of throwing some younger players out there. Hell, if we are eliminated from 4th by the time we play Hull, i wouldn't mind if we threw out a first 11 consisting of McAleny, Browning, Garbutt, maybe even Chris Long.../... oh, and maybe that young Hibbert fellow, I hear he can put in a tackle.

I agree, but I think it will still be close and a deciding factor so we will be playing our first team.

Guest rusty747

My concern for this game is what happens if either Stones or Bird Man have to come off early due to a knock. What cover do we have at CB? Hibbo?

Looks like both teams have a few injury concerns as well which could add a little extra uncertainty into the mix.

I can see us being more on the front foot for this game as we wont want to let them play the ball into Lambert to near our own goal.I dont think they have bundles of pace in the attack positions given the players who are out and with Stones, Coleman and Baines in the back four we should be ok.

I would go with the 3 in the central midfield positions as we will need the passing options as Saints will press high and if we can escape that initial press we should be able to get at their back four with the pace and power we have up front.

We need a better performance than the sunderland game for sure. Saints have a really good team and can beat anybody on their day. We need to get into their ribs early doors. Lallana makes them tick so we need to be aware of him. Id play Gerry just to counter Luke Shaw. Tell Gerry to concentrate on going forward which will make Shaw think twice.Ross was awful on the left last week so I can see ossie on that side with Ross through the middle and id play Naisse up top. Lukaku to come on.Tough game but if we are positive I can see 1-3 Naisy 2 and Ross

One fixture you can always look ahead to this end and should be a fine experience and while the opposition has had a decent season they're still open to attack and will be without one or two key players tomorrow Rodriguez inclusive. We ourselves have important players missing, but still possess the capabilities to take a result back. This is a game that sees victory imperative if we are to keep hard on Arsenals tail, and think could witness the three points for this. Won't be no shame in losing to a club side as good as Southampton this season, but do think we can just edge this tomorrow.

beaming with pride and excitement with his response to the injuries being an opportunity for the youngsters :)

Yep, 'if their good enough their old enough', well used saying, but not every manager has the guts to try it.

Martinez has said you can learn a lot from a defeat.If your not afraid to lose a game if it's for the good of the overall developement of the team, then you have to accept a young player may be found wanting at times, but it will probably be good for them just to get on the pitch.

I can't see anything other than a fast game today, plenty of goals.