IGNORED

Everton v Man City

Guest rusty747

What? 6 games to decide the title now. Only thing this does is guarantee we dont get CL football. I hope Arsenal lose tomorrow, more than ever, so that all of those who would rather us maybe influence the title rather cheer us on to a last game decider, feel my anger and frustration of today.

Now now...don't aim your bit of steam at me. I wanted the win as much as anyone.

Just saying, the slight (note the word slight) consolation.

I fully agree with the arsenal thing too...One of my thoughts after the game.

Now now...don't aim your bit of steam at me. I wanted the win as much as anyone.

Just saying, the slight (note the word slight) consolation.

I fully agree with the arsenal thing too...One of my thoughts after the game.

Sorry, it wasnt supposed to be aimed at you mate. It was aimed at the people who didnt want us to win. There is no consolation in my eyes.

Edited by Matt

Sorry, it wasnt supposed to be aimed at you mate.

It's Ok. I'm as frustrated as you and the others too.

More pissed at the crowd though. Terrible.

But hey Ho, let's be honest...5th nailed. Maybe knowing that before the game contributed to it all a bit?

Guest rusty747

I agree about Lukaku to a point but if you look at the number of times we lose possession because he cant accept a pass he becomes a liability. As one wag put it, Lukaku can trap the ball further than I can kick it.

Lukaku is probably the best striker we have at the moment but we need much better next season. Mourinho is a twat but he keeps farming Lukaku out on loan for a good reason. I say get Bony and Remy, with Nais behind, Mcaleny and Ledson and Hope can be looked at for the squad and Kone can either start performing or be sold.

Howard has had a decent season but was badly beaten at his near post for their first and might have got closer to their second. Cardiff were relegated today. Time to bid for Marshall?

We are starting to play decent football under Martinez but we are not and will not become easily a team of winners. We need the edge where we can go to hostile away matches and thrive on the fact that the crowd are against us and use that to inspire our performance to a higher level. Today we were like rabbits in the headlights on way too many occasions. We made unforced errors and didnt use our possession well enough. City were much more streetwise than us. In short, if we didnt throw the match, we bottled it and I am bloody angry.

It's Ok. I'm as frustrated as you and the others too.

More pissed at the crowd though. Terrible.

But hey Ho, let's be honest...5th nailed. Maybe knowing that before the game contributed to it all a bit?

Why don't you get the game then you moron!

I agree about Lukaku to a point but if you look at the number of times we lose possession because he cant accept a pass he becomes a liability. As one wag put it, Lukaku can trap the ball further than I can kick it.

Lukaku is probably the best striker we have at the moment but we need much better next season. Mourinho is a twat but he keeps farming Lukaku out on loan for a good reason. I say get Bony and Remy, with Nais behind, Mcaleny and Ledson and Hope can be looked at for the squad and Kone can either start performing or be sold.

Howard has had a decent season but was badly beaten at his near post for their first and might have got closer to their second. Cardiff were relegated today. Time to bid for Marshall?

We are starting to play decent football under Martinez but we are not and will not become easily a team of winners. We need the edge where we can go to hostile away matches and thrive on the fact that the crowd are against us and use that to inspire our performance to a higher level. Today we were like rabbits in the headlights on way too many occasions. We made unforced errors and didnt use our possession well enough. City were much more streetwise than us. In short, if we didnt throw the match, we bottled it and I am bloody angry.

I know hes far from perfect, but Ive got a gut feeling hes going to be a huge success and so Ive got a lot of patience for him

Lukaku has been playing at the very top level for over 4 years now. He's not fresh out of an academy. Physically I think he's prettying fully developed. His technical ability with his back to goal is not very good and in all honesty I don't think it ever has been or will be.

Guest rusty747

It was the wrong game to try 3 at the back but, given our injuries, I can see why Roberto tried it. And fair play to him, he did change it - though it should have changed at HT for me.

What today has highlighted (assuming that we were trying our best) is that our best is not good enough, we are short of numbers and we bottle when under pressure.

So, we need to recruit a seasoned pro or two who already has a few medals, a few younger, quality squad fillers, get rid of the dead wood dispassionately, and get one of them sports trickcyclists in to get the lads heads right for the big games.

I really hoped we would win today. That we lost is disappointing. The manner of the loss has left me very, very angry.

The crowd wasn't too bad til we went 3-1 down. Not great before then but there was singing whether it came across on the TV or not.

It came across in the 2nd half a bit more, but it just didnt come across as comfortable at all.

It really wasn't a disgrace like some of you have said, I assure you of that.

Some moron behind me cheered when City equalised. Felt like smacking them.

fair enough. I think Im just letting my anger get the bet of me...

Guest rusty747

Its a good formation and ideally suited to our style. But today was not the right time to play it for the first time. I understand that due to injuries Roberto probably felt it was the least worst option but we had no effective width until Del boy and Aiden were introduced.

I am just as bad as I suggested 3 at the back a few days ago. I still like the idea but it was a bloody disaster today.

It needs a hell of a lot of work. It was atrocious.

Jags was atrocious. Alcaraz too. Because of those 2, noone near the back knew what to do.

Hope they work on it over the summer, really think it could work well. 352 / 343, Id be happy.

It really wasn't a disgrace like some of you have said, I assure you of that.

Some moron behind me cheered when City equalised. Felt like smacking them.

The bit that sent me over the edge was after the final whistle went. That was the loudest the fans were all game. Which said a lot.

We have devolved into man u fans, simple as that. We're the laughing stick of the league as far as fans go at the minute.

Hayes it in the pub, just argued with neutrals over it and swore that were not all bitter Liverpool haters and that sone of us want our team to win.

Hope the fans behave better in Europe next year.

Just talked a friend into coming along to Goodison next year and promises something different to what he saw today.

Sorry, it wasnt supposed to be aimed at you mate. It was aimed at the people who didnt want us to win. There is no consolation in my eyes.

It was aimed at me and I will gladly take it. I am sorry for not being arsed that we lost but wanting to stop the shite win the league is part of being an everton supporter.

We got europe. Over the course of the season we deserved Europe but didn't deserve CL football. Arsenal havnt hardly been out the top four all season and led for most of it so am not arsed.

We have a far better chance of progressing as a club in a competition we can actually win rather than a competition to make up the numbers.

All in all, it was a difficult game for the supporters today and for those who where knocking them, if you felt that strongly, go buy a fucking ticket cause at least they where there.

I am really looking forward to next season. Lets top if off with a win at hull and go for the Europa. Until we get some heavy investment in the squad I don't want CL football cause we'll only embarris ourselves.

Edited by Brett Angel

It was aimed at me and I will gladly take it. I am sorry for not being arsed that we lost but wanting to stop the shite win the league is part of being an everton supporter.

I thought supporting Everton first and foremost was the basis of being an Evertonian? Being so bitter and petty is their level, its kopite behaviour.

Jags was atrocious. Alcaraz too. Because of those 2, noone near the back knew what to do.

Hope they work on it over the summer, really think it could work well. 352 / 343, Id be happy.

It's never worked. Stick to the principle that's won us games this season

It's never worked. Stick to the principle that's won us games this season

we wouldve done if Barry was eligible!

The reason I would like to see more of alternative formations is that, on more than one occasion, we havent had a back up plan.

After earlier losses for Spurs & Man Utd what did anyone expect from the crowd? Arsenal aren't going to lose their last two games and we needed them to do that to have a chance of 4th, assuming we get at least a point at Hull. It's been quieter.

If Liverpool don't win the title it's down to them taking only 3 points out of a possible 12 off Chelsea & City - they lost at The Etihad and lost twice against Chelsea.

If Liverpool, Sky, Gary Neville, Jamie Redknapp or anyone else wants to blame Everton's quiet crowd for Liverpool not winning the league then let them carry on. If you're that pissed off with Sky and their dreadful treatment of our magnificent fans cancel your fucking Sky subscription.

I'm pissed off because Everton lost today. I couldn't give a flying fuck what it has or hasn't done for any other football club, set of fans, or tv company. Liverpool, and any other team, exist twice a season, for me.

It's always some other bastard's fault, with those whining fuckers.

I get why we did the 352 and thought it was decent. I would have liked the switch at halftime instead of 70th minute though. Thought Barkley played really well, and Mcgeady was again a bright spot (still wondering how he doesn't start).

For me Howard, naisy, and the back 3 were poor.

I'm happy with 5th and Europa, now we need I root for arsenal so we go in at the group stage. If hull win get go in then and we have a playoff with someone.