IGNORED

Everton v Man City

Guest rusty747

Guest rusty747

Well, here it is lads. The scenario that we have all been thinking about.

Realistically, we need to take points off City to be sure of European footie next season and, if we do that, the title probably goes to Liverpool.

Personally, I am trying to approach it as just another important game for Everton.

I think a lot will depend on how we line up across the back. If Jags is fit I think he has to start and I just have a feeling that we might start with 3 at the back. Jags in the middle, Stones on the right and bird man on the left. Baines and Coleman as wing backs, Jimmy Mac plus either Ross or Ossie behind Nais with Lukaku right and Mcgeady left.

Not ideal, but given the injuries I think it's not a bad starting eleven.

And I think we can get the win.

Edited by rusty747

I don't think Martinez will play 3 at the back. He will play the same formation but with Jags and Stones instead of Alcaraz. I think he will start with Osman instead of Barkley also.

This is a must win game, I don't really care about Liverpool. Like you said I would rather us guarantee some sort of European football next season. Whether it be Europa or Champions league.

My starting XI:

------Howard------

Coleman--Stones--Jags--Baines

McCarthy--Barry

McGeady---Osman---Gerard

--Lukaku--

Guest rusty747

Barry can't play as a condition of his loan from City.

The problem with Jags and Stones together is that they are both right footed whereas either Bird man or Dustbin in there is a more natural pairing or trio.

Howard

Stones. Jags. Alcaraz

Coleman. Jimmy Mac. Baines

Lukaku Ross or Ossie. Mcgeady

Naismith

Edited by rusty747

must win game. i think we will have a chip on our shoulder after the southhampton beating. i want 3 points and could care less about the rs.

Howard

Coleman Jags Stones Baines

McCarthy Barkley

McGeady Naismith Osman

Lukaku

Gerry as an impact sub and throw Ledson on as well at some point, let the lad get an assist or something.

I wouldn't mind seeing us play five at the back if im honest.

Howard

Stones Jags Alcaraz

Coleman Baines

McCathy

Gerry Ross McGeady

Naisy

Guest Nikica

It's probably not an exaggeration to say that this game will probably be the decider in you qualifying for Europe or not, as well as deciding the destination of the title. I wouldn't bet any money on this one as all three results are about as likely as each other, imo.

It's probably not an exaggeration to say that this game will probably be the decider in you qualifying for Europe or not, as well as deciding the destination of the title. I wouldn't bet any money on this one as all three results are about as likely as each other, imo.

We only need a point from our last two games to be certain of Europa.

Guest Nikica

We only need a point from our last two games to be certain of Europa.

Yeah true, just looked that up after you said it. I forgot that sixth place gets Europe too. Thanks for the clarification Mike.

Guest Nikica

We would feel bloody silly if we threw the game and Arsenal then dropped points in their last 2 games.

You could argue though that Arsenal only dropped points in the final games because you did versus City i.e. they could afford to take their foot off the gas and turn attention to the Cup Final.

Guest rusty747

You could argue though that Arsenal only dropped points in the final games because you did versus City i.e. they could afford to take their foot off the gas and turn attention to the Cup Final.

Yes, you could, but we would never really know the answer to the question of 'What if we had beaten City?'

From Guardian :

I know for a fact if Liverpool wins the EPL, every single Red I know will say 'You, Toffees, can come and look at our trophy' [and] 'when did you last win something?' And it won't stop for years!"

Another fan warns that Liverpool winning the title would "marginalise Everton even further as the perceived second club in the city, further reducing our chances of proper investment, attracting better players. This is why it is not wrong to prefer a City win. Bigger picture?

Also, Arsenal only need to win one of their two remaining fixtures to be in 4th spot for CL. I don't think Arsenal will lose both to Norwich away and to Hull City. Everton should beat Hull in the final game to seal 5th spot to qualify for Europa League.

From Guardian :

I know for a fact if Liverpool wins the EPL, every single Red I know will say 'You, Toffees, can come and look at our trophy' [and] 'when did you last win something?' And it won't stop for years!"

Another fan warns that Liverpool winning the title would "marginalise Everton even further as the perceived second club in the city, further reducing our chances of proper investment, attracting better players. This is why it is not wrong to prefer a City win. Bigger picture?

Also, Arsenal only need to win one of their two remaining fixtures to be in 4th spot for CL. I don't think Arsenal will lose both to Norwich away and to Hull City. Everton should beat Hull in the final game to seal 5th spot to qualify for Europa League.

They do that anyway!