IGNORED

If only we had £££

MC11

Depressing isn't it. Realising every transfer window we don't have a pot to piss in.

Hoping that a couple of £15m signings might happen in the final hour on deadline.

Losing a big name and relying on those funds to replace and rebuild.

A big club and we are absolutely broke.

(I know we have a bit to spend this summer because of last seasons exits, but it's still depressing).

Did we all do something wrong in a past life?

I must agree with Bailey to a degree. Yes, buying aguero, Suarez and yaya would actually win us the league - seriously it actually would. But those players are looking at Rooney on his 300k a week and knowing how valuable they actually are means they can pull our trousers down every time they feel like it. They would win a league and piss off for more money, not create a legacy.

Some players are retainable, the very best just aren't really.

Well from what we've been told, theres up to 30m available before player sales (which we don't need to do). Might as well look forward than back.

Agree with Haf and Bailey too. I'd rather find gems than throw multi-millions on prima donna who more interested in getting headlines for the wrong reasons or having his hair just right.

Yep...gems for me too.

Big time charlies boil my piss. I mean, that yaya toure business. Staff didn't wish him happy birthday? Get a grip you big goon.

And to be honest, only a few clubs throw money around in the premiership. The rest just don't have it.

I'm kinda glad we don't in a way.

I love that the club have down to earth players and not big time w&nkers like Toure.

I want to grow the club organically and bring through the ranks.

There is a real culture of hard work and respect at Everton and I love it. I frickin hate most footballers and don't want to become another cesspit like City or Chelsea even if it means not winning anything.

We are liked by nearly every neutral and there is good reason for that.

Its a grand old team to play for.

Imagine how you would feel being a city fan now. A player who has caugtht admiration from all over has basically said "right., i'm off because I never got jelly and ice cream with my birthday cake..." - they pay him £225k a week...

The game has become sick. I would love it if he tried it on and City plonked him in the reserves, made him train with the kids and fined him 2 weeks wages every time he became insolent as a result. He would soon change his attitude.

The game has become sick.

In my opinion, teams should not need to pay anyone crazy wages. Or spend silly money to sign one player.

Instead of short term solutions (spend 20M on one player), I would say the expenses should be focused on player development and the academies, the great forgotten in this modern era of football.

Teams should spot talent, train it and let if flourish, i.e.: Seamus Coleman was acquired for 60,000, Raheem Sterling for 4M.

Nevertheless, I can understand that managers require short term results or they get fired, and if they have money they go for the quick fix. Maybe if the Boards of Directors were patient, Managers could develop long term strategies instead of going to the market and spend money foolishly.

I think Kant said it. The model to follow is athletico. look at their team, one or two really really good players and the rest workhorses and well coached. I hope they win the champs league. As for us? I work in Manchester and have done for the last ten years but live on the Wirral. Ive seen City go from a workmanlike club to a superstar one and I preferred their supporters when they were average and I suspect deep down they do aswell. The last day of the season and day after big city fans were in work saying they couldn't get the day off or couldn't swap their shift! Fuck me you wouldn't have seen me for a month!! with their money I would have booked my leave a year in advance just in case.

We don't need loads of money, how good is that our defence cost next to fuck all yet its up there with the best in the country, if not Europe.

All the players we've sold over recent seasons we haven't missed in the long run, I think having loads of money sometimes hinders a team more than you would think, look at Spurs last season, they had that much money they just went an bought any player that looked half decent, ultimately it cost them as they should have been competing for the league after spending that much really.