IGNORED

Samuel Eto'o

• 1 month later...

He's at an age where he wants to be starting regular. And he hasn't been, so may be a bit of 'egotistical ' upset there. Which isn't surprising really.

I seen him recently, I think before the Man City game, giving the players loads of chat. Really trying to rally them. That's a good thing. But if he is doing it daily and trying to control more than he should in his role as a senior player, then that's no good.

I'm glad he joined us. If he moves on, so be it. We seen some quality glimpses of him.

We've paid his wages. Sometimes signing a player on a free, can be a strategic move to generate a sale down the line. As a club not riddled with cash, I'd have thought who'd ever take him, would have at least paid a minimal fee, considering he has 18 months left on his current contract.

to be honest, so long as his wages are covers I'm happy to not make a profit on just to have him out of the door.

So annoyed I let myself think he'd proven me wrong....

to be honest, so long as his wages are covers I'm happy to not make a profit on just to have him out of the door.

So annoyed I let myself think he'd proven me wrong....

Don't fall into that trap Matt. We don't know of any story.

It's another 'Distin Mystery' at the moment. Don't automatically think there has been a problem.

Don't fall into that trap Matt. We don't know of any story.

It's another 'Distin Mystery' at the moment. Don't automatically think there has been a problem.

True. We do know he's leaving after 6 months without making that many appearences, despite being highly decorated. Something doesn't feel right, I was worried his attitude would disturb the balance of the squad and now he's off Edited by Matt

True. We do know he's leaving after 6 months without making that many appearences, despite being highly decorated. Something doesn't feel right, I was worried his attitude would disturb the balance of the squad and now he's off

I wouldn't rule anything out with this mad club of ours.

We'll never know. Although it's good to save on his probable high salary.

I'll admit though, if he goes this week and we go on a 17 league game winning streak with 17 clean sheets, I will definitely be blaming him for what went on before!!!

I wouldn't rule anything out with this mad club of ours.

We'll never know. Although it's good to save on his probable high salary.

I'll admit though, if he goes this week and we go on a 17 league game winning streak with 17 clean sheets, I will definitely be blaming him for what went on before!!!

:lol: it would be foolish of me to put it all on him but I'm sure he's been a factor

I heard the reason was as simple as he wasn't happy being played out of position or playing second fiddle to Lukaku.

If it is and we can't guarantee him a role he wants to play or a start then let him go. Eto'o is not bigger than Everton.

Thanks for the few memories Sammy lad, especially that Burnley game. See you later son.

so much for... he's a good education tool for lukaku. he'll learn alot from eto'o. Shiiiiiiiiiiiit Rom to learn from himself now. We are fucked

From that point of view, you'd hope he stayed. But only if Lukaku was learning from him.

But as said, if he wants to play more or isn't happy in his role etc, let him go. An unhappy player is no good.

At the moment, we have Lukaku, Eto'o, Kone, Naismith and Barkley...all players of certain qualities...fighting for 2 central roles. If Eto'o goes and it frees up some salary to bring in a wide man, and balances the forward line better, then I'm all for it.

From that point of view, you'd hope he stayed. But only if Lukaku was learning from him.

But as said, if he wants to play more or isn't happy in his role etc, let him go. An unhappy player is no good.

At the moment, we have Lukaku, Eto'o, Kone, Naismith and Barkley...all players of certain qualities...fighting for 2 central roles. If Eto'o goes and it frees up some salary to bring in a wide man, and balances the forward line better, then I'm all for it.

Exactly, we need a winger badly.