IGNORED

Tired of being POOR

Matt you're so far off base on this. All the evidence of loaning money, lack of investment into the team and failure to secure a new stadium is more than enough proof to realise there is no money.

How can I be off base when you've got no evidence? Loans are part of business and all teams do it. Investment in the team is made when finances are secured, which we've done every summer and January in 1 form or another.

Stadium is a different argument, you need hundreds of millions which is clear we don't have (there is proof of that). But to say "we have no money / the moneys not there" is just incorrect.

How can I be off base when you've got no evidence? Loans are part of business and all teams do it. Investment in the team is made when finances are secured, which we've done every summer and January in 1 form or another.

Stadium is a different argument, you need hundreds of millions which is clear we don't have (there is proof of that). But to say "we have no money / the moneys not there" is just incorrect.

Without player sales (which I've mentioned) it's not. There's lots of proof in that.

I'm not carrying on, this topic bores the life out of me and is pointless. Unless theres evidence of the day to day financial dealings of the club, its pure speculation. It happens every year and every year we add people to the squad and every year we have the same merry-go-round of opinions.

I'm not carrying on, this topic bores the life out of me and is pointless. Unless theres evidence of the day to day financial dealings of the club, its pure speculation. It happens every year and every year we add people to the squad and every year we have the same merry-go-round of opinions.

There will be "some" money this year. Because of the Anichebe, Fellaini, Jelavic money.

(Player sales) - At least there should be.

Matt, when was the last time we didn't sell and bought a proper player? I can't remember and that to me is proof we have no money unless we sell year in year out.

There will be "some" money this year. Because of the Anichebe, Fellaini, Jelavic money.

(Player sales) - At least there should be.

Matt, when was the last time we didn't sell and bought a proper player? I can't remember and that to me is proof we have no money unless we sell year in year out.

Like when United sold Ronaldo to buy new players? Its called balancing the books and is just the way business goes.

I'm not getting dragged into this topic again, it drives me nuts!

Like when United sold Ronaldo to buy new players? Its called balancing the books and is just the way business goes.

I'm not getting dragged into this topic again, it drives me nuts!

Do underunderstand where cotto is coming from. They balanced there books but they also went out and splashed over £30mil on van persie. They didn't balance anything then. West ham made shit last season and tv right were also shit compared to others yet they have gone out and made a statement of intent with some signings.

I'm the biggest critic of the board I know. But Roberto said after the January window we still have the money from player sales last season, but HE chose not to bring anyone in as he didn't see any value in the market.

Then we have the extra TV money, obviously players will get more wages as that always happens. Some has to be left for strengthening, and maybe a little off the debt.

I'll be pretty positive we have got money to spend this season.

The Vibrac loan thing. They took out a loan every year and paid back the following year for probably the last seven or eight years when the TV money gets paid. Ok, there's interest added on, but the first time around we needed to do it or we would have been fucked. We've been playing catch up ever since.

As long as we have the main targets for the opening game of the season I'll be happy with that. Hopefully Martinez has learnt from last year.

The first 3 games were possibly the games that would have taken us into the CL position last term if we'd had Lukaku, Barry and McCarthy.

He was working with Moyes side, with the addition of a couple of fringe players he'd brought in before that.

This time round I think because of that he'll have his eye on getting the main targets in before the opening game, not deadline day. Anything after that will be a bonus.

One of his last interviews he said he expected a couple in before the Leicester game and a couple before the following game, so that's 4 players he's promised before the start of the season.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Let's not get into some sort of a conspiracy theory here.

Money isn't going missing, some of it's allocated to retiring debt, some to ground upkeep, a shit-load to players wages and the rest to buying new players. It has to be that way or we'll do a Leeds or Portsmouth, or we'll have a better team playing in a ramshackle barn and can't afford to pay them.

It's akin to buying a flash new car that's the envy of the street but having nowhere to park it because you didn't pay the house mortgage in order to pay for it. It's all about priorities. Everton's is getting the finances in order to enable us to go forward in the future....other clubs' priorities are to sell the farm for short term gain and hope it works out OK.

I know which side I'm on!

Remember too that we were 'The Merseyside Millionaires' at one time and had a great team. Can't begrudge Chelsea and City too much. We'd be in raptures too if we found a man with a magic wand. Although I like to think we'd be a little more magnanimous about it.

Edited by Oztoffee

As long as we have the main targets for the opening game of the season I'll be happy with that. Hopefully Martinez has learnt from last year.

The first 3 games were possibly the games that would have taken us into the CL position last term if we'd had Lukaku, Barry and McCarthy.

He was working with Moyes side, with the addition of a couple of fringe players he'd brought in before that.

This time round I think because of that he'll have his eye on getting the main targets in before the opening game, not deadline day. Anything after that will be a bonus.

One of his last interviews he said he expected a couple in before the Leicester game and a couple before the following game, so that's 4 players he's promised before the start of the season.

Agree with this completely. As long as we make some quality signings before the first game then I don't have any fear that we'll get a couple of more in before the first Europa match.

Love you too son. The one thing I don't like is every yank and there oh so positive attitudes towards everything.

I think if everton went under there reply would be something along the lines of

'Oh well, there's still liverpool'

I'm a Brit, though, and I have this positive attitude. No need to always be a misery-guts. Glass half empty or half full.

Love you too son. The one thing I don't like is every yank and there oh so positive attitudes towards everything.

Wow, the ignorance here is astounding. Guess what? While you're comfortably sitting on your sofa cracking a beer, we "Yanks" are dragging ourselves out of bed at 7am on a weekend despite feeling a massive hangover or desperately needing more sleep just so we can watch Everton play. Sometimes, the game isn't even on TV in the US, so we have to resort to NBC's stream of the game on our computers. Now that Everton are in Europe, it's going to mean games at about 2PM in the middle of the week, meaning that watching those are going to be even more difficult for those of us who work or are studying. But we'll find a way. But yes, please tell us about how we're just a bunch of casual bandwagoners who don't know the difference between Duncan Ferguson and a corner kick. The fact that you're a miserable cunt doesn't mean you're a better supporter than we are. It means you're a miserable cunt.

Edited by thoward18

Without taking sides here, I welcome all walks of life, nationalities and any other category you want to throw in. If you're s blue then you'll do for me. The supporters in other countries (especially the USA help to bring the club to a global market something we so desperately need so the more the merrier as far as I 'm concerned.

I'm of the mindset that I give people/companies/teams/pretty much everything the benefit of the doubt until they give me reasons not to. Everton has had some good seasons since I've begun watching them, and everyone of them has begun with us not splurging the cash on players either late on during the windor or even on deadline day. Am I a little envious of rich teams having already made a couple of signings? No doubt about it. Am I patient enough to wait for OUR club to continue making the GREAT signings they have made over the last couple of seasons? Absolutely. While I appreciate your passion for the club and understand your criticism towards it, please keep your negative stereotypes of us "yanks" to yourself :)

Wow, the ignorance here is astounding. Guess what? While you're comfortably sitting on your sofa cracking a beer, we "Yanks" are dragging ourselves out of bed at 7am on a weekend despite feeling a massive hangover or desperately needing more sleep just so we can watch Everton play. Sometimes, the game isn't even on TV in the US, so we have to resort to NBC's stream of the game on our computers. Now that Everton are in Europe, it's going to mean games at about 2PM in the middle of the week, meaning that watching those are going to be even more difficult for those of us who work or are studying. But we'll find a way. But yes, please tell us about how we're just a bunch of casual bandwagoners who don't know the difference between Duncan Ferguson and a corner kick. The fact that you're a miserable cunt doesn't mean you're a better supporter than we are. It means you're a miserable cunt.

I still remember the days when journalists would write articles about how stupid the offside rule is, GET RID OF IT!!! :67: Btw when I am home in LA, some of the games are on at freaking 4 AM! It is the worst but guess what, I am up for them and have woken up my brother on more than one occasion with my yelling

I still remember the days when journalists would write articles about how stupid the offside rule is, GET RID OF IT!!! :67: Btw when I am home in LA, some of the games are on at freaking 4 AM! It is the worst but guess what, I am up for them and have woken up my brother on more than one occasion with my yelling

Ahh yes, I didn't even consider the West Coast. Yes, it's even worse for you guys.

I'm of the mindset that I give people/companies/teams/pretty much everything the benefit of the doubt until they give me reasons not to. Everton has had some good seasons since I've begun watching them, and everyone of them has begun with us not splurging the cash on players either late on during the windor or even on deadline day. Am I a little envious of rich teams having already made a couple of signings? No doubt about it. Am I patient enough to wait for OUR club to continue making the GREAT signings they have made over the last couple of seasons? Absolutely. While I appreciate your passion for the club and understand your criticism towards it, please keep your negative stereotypes of us "yanks" to yourself :)

I sure will brother, can a get a amen to that, praise the lord...... God bless America.....yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaarrrrrr

Edited by Brett Angel

Guest blueboy122

Are there any forums or anything like that over in the states for the American blues?

If not the USA guys on here should get together and maybe start a little forum or fan club.

Are there any forums or anything like that over in the states for the American blues?

If not the USA guys on here should get together and maybe start a little forum or fan club.

We have a pretty strong national supporters' network. We have "Everton USA" and then subsections of it by region. So Everton New York, Everton DC, etc. Really hoping that the recent success at the World Cup, particularly from Cahill and Howard, will mean our numbers are boosted.

Guest blueboy122

We have a pretty strong national supporters' network. We have "Everton USA" and then subsections of it by region. So Everton New York, Everton DC, etc. Really hoping that the recent success at the World Cup, particularly from Cahill and Howard, will mean our numbers are boosted.

Yes definitely.

The more supporters the better. Especially Americans with potential to take advantage of the huge economy over there.

Has any team really ever managed to make serious money in America?

I know the likes of Liverpool, United etc make silly money from countries like Japan, Norway etc.