IGNORED

Favorite Games since 06/07

Apologies for being relatively new to Everton fandom I'm sure many of you have all-time classic games that I just have not seen yet but I thought it would be fun to think about games from the last 8 years or so. Here are my 5 favorites:

1) Away Manchester United 2013/14 1-0

2) Home Liverpool 2006/07 3-0

3) FA Cup Final Chelsea 2008/09 1-2 (painful)

4) Away Manchester United 2011/12 4-4

5) Home Manchester United 2010/11 3-3

Honorable mentions in no particular order: Home Liverpool 2010/11 2-0; Home Arsenal 2013/14 3-0; FA Cup Semi Liverpool 2011/12 1-2 (hurt too much to include but what an occasion); Home Tottenham 2012/13 2-1; Home Liverpool 2013/14 3-3; Away Chelsea FA Cup 4th Round Replay 2010/11 - Neville's penalty

Curious to see if anyone has other choices or even cares about the topic...

Just picking from the games I was at because however special it is to see us (for example) twat Liverpool 3-0 it's nothing like being there.

Everton 2 Charlton 1 in April '07. Just about secured European football; pretty scrappy 'til Lescott put us one up with ten minutes left. Jubilation. Then Darren Bent equalised on 89 minutes. Despair. Then McFadden scores a wonder goal in injury time. Superb.

Everton 2 ManU 4 two weeks after the Charlton game. We were two up after an hour but then Iain Turner dropped a corner and it all went pear shaped. Was more though for me about the occasion because it was the first game after Alan Ball died so an emotional day.

Apart from those the two European games against Sporting and Benfica were special because of the atmosphere their fans created.

1-2 Chelsea away season before last. It was my oldest boys first away game. The Everton end was, as per usual an absolute rabble. Smoke bombs going off, the old Shed end was bouncing all game, everyone stood up and he had to stand on the seat all game so he could see.

His little face was brilliant, his eyes were wide open in absolute wonder he was singing his head off and he kept saying "dad, away games are boss aren't they they're dead different to hime games he was 6 at the time and I just knew at that moment he was totally hooked and I could see the passion in his face for Everton.

Regardless of the result it was a brilliant day for me. I was in Rotterdam (only 13 myself then, FA Cup final wins, league wins, trophies paraded, semis, away games that would make an Everton fan who doesn't go the game hairs stand up on the back of their necks if I told them stories of them but you can keep them all for seeing my boys face that day at Chelsea.

To add to this, the next day he was excitedly telling his mum all about it and he blurted out "Mum we were all singing you're just a fat Spanish TWAT at Rafa Bentez" you can imagine the fallout.,she went fucking bonkers there was murder and cries of he's never going again!!!!

I wouldn't mind, he got it wrong , we were singing "fat Spanish waiter" not twat :(

Edited by Paddock

For atmosphere - Fiorentina and Liverpoo when Gosling scored the extra time winner.

I've been going to more away games over the past few seasons and all are brilliant - Fulham, West Ham, Sundeland - all cracking days out and off course the wembley trips.

Commentator compares him to Maradona in that; shame he didn't do it a bit more often, though it was a nice way to say goodbye.

Agreed. I remember watching that match and saying to my girlfriend: "Just watch Chelsea score from this corner," only to see Beckford make me eat my words. Brilliant moment. I honesty think he had more to offer and was disappointed to see him go.

Agreed. I remember watching that match and saying to my girlfriend: "Just watch Chelsea score from this corner," only to see Beckford make me eat my words. Brilliant moment. I honesty think he had more to offer and was disappointed to see him go.

For sure. If you think about it, a lot of his goals were actually really impressive. His first one against Bolton was awesome.

I was a season ticket hold and went home and away throughout the glory days of the 80s. I have seen us beat Man Utd 5-0. I was there against Bayern Munich in the ECWC and the final in Rotterdam but without doubt my favourite moment as an Evertonian was when Barry Horne's shot hit the back of the net against Wimbledon to keep us up

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

I was a season ticket hold and went home and away throughout the glory days of the 80s. I have seen us beat Man Utd 5-0. I was there against Bayern Munich in the ECWC and the final in Rotterdam but without doubt my favourite moment as an Evertonian was when Barry Horne's shot hit the back of the net against Wimbledon to keep us up

I saw that as a page update on "ceefax" at my parent's house and it's one of my favourite moments too :P.

Though Horne's goal was the equaliser, Graham Stuart got the winner :).