IGNORED

Kopite Thread

Van Dyke pushed Ramos into Karius didn't he.

Those reds cant take losing can they. Everyone seen the letter that Anfield Wrap wrote saying they didnt really lose the final? honestly they are the biggest bunch of cringy gobshites to walk the earth

Pains me to say this but they are going to give City a run for their money next year. He’s sorted the defence out he’s now getting rid of that shite midfield. They are a top top keeper away from being an unbelievable side.

I know they’ve sold some of their best players but they always do so well selling them. Suarez money trebled , Coutinho about 140% profit on him Salah they will at least quadruple their money when the time comes, same with Firmino and double it with Mane. They have a sustainable business model for the next 3-5 years. Just sell a star player and replace him with 3 excellent playyers. 

There midfield has gone from Henderson, Can and  Wylandum ( or however you spell it) to Keita, Fabinio and Fekir. 

I fucking despise the cunts.

The two players they've brought in (Fakir looking unlikely now) are not a patch on Countinho albeit different positions neither have that kind of quality, they'll always lose their better players and replace it with a lesser player/s

I'd bet a very large sum most people especially their fans had never even seen any of those three play prior to being linked or even looked twice at them if they did 

They scrapped 4th on the last day finishing a monstrous amount of points off City, Markovic and Can were meant to be world beaters who would push them on I can see both Keita & Fabinho going down a similar path tbh

They really lack strength in depth bar their first 11 the rest is nowhere near the quality they would need to push on all fronts 

i'm not sold on keita, i don't think the physical prem will suit him.  i don't know enough about fekir and fabinho to be able to judge them.  until he gets a proper CB to pair with VVD and a keeper they still have that massive weakness and won't be close to city.  also i agree with Paul, their bench is insanely weak, one injury to a big and they are screwed.  llallana and ings put fear into anyone?  lol

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm not sold on keita, i don't think the physical prem will suit him.  i don't know enough about fekir and fabinho to be able to judge them.  until he gets a proper CB to pair with VVD and a keeper they still have that massive weakness and won't be close to city.  also i agree with Paul, their bench is insanely weak, one injury to a big and they are screwed.  llallana and ings put fear into anyone?  lol

You say that about their back ups but a midfield of Oxlade Chamberlain, Milner and Henderson ran rings round City. Before he got injured at the start of last season Lallana was a key part of the side. 

They dont have the depth of those other sides but they play in such a different way that they dont need everyone to be a superstar. They just need to know their job and be able to execute it. Dont forget their second side drew and beat us.

They might have been miles behind City but I doubt they will be that good again and I have no doubt that Liverpool would have finished 2nd in the league if they didnt have the CL run. 

Im not saying they will the league but they arent going anywhere and the derbies will be a hard watch. They are also knocking on the door of silverware and they will win something soon and the gap between us is getting bigger and bigger.

24 minutes ago, johnh said:

I see Salah is fit for Egypt's opening game.   Champions league  injury couldn't have been that serious.  It does seem that the World Cup was more important.

Yep agree.  He got given an early taste of what Ramos was about and decided not to play on. 

Was he in pain? Yeah no doubt.  I was in pain when I did my rotator cuff and broke big toe in 2 places... played on. 

22 hours ago, johnh said:

I see Salah is fit for Egypt's opening game.   Champions league  injury couldn't have been that serious.  It does seem that the World Cup was more important.

He didnt come on though, which would suggest he still isnt ready. It will be interesting to see if he starts the next game. 

I dont think they have ever actually come out and said what his injury was have they? 

My leg would need to have fallen off to keep me out of a CL final. 

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Their manager has said he will be ready to play their next game.

Then it makes you wonder why they didnt put him on for the last 20-30 mins yesterday when the game was in the balance. Uruguay were there to be had on the counter.

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

75m for Alison, I think they are way overpaying.  Roma trying to get back some of the money they should ha e gotten for Salah.

ederson was half that.

Says £68m in the places I’ve seen it reported. Not that that difference makes him cheap like :lol: 

22 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Again though, it just shows how tough it will be to crack into those top 5 or 6 teams.

They're spending this sort of money without blinking. The financial gap gets wider year on year.

Indeed. The shite have spent a shitload of money to go from fourth to, erm, fourth!