IGNORED

Europa League Watch

Is it true we're away first as the seeded team?

i believe so. the seeded team gets the advantage of playing the home match last. 99% sure of that.

You're quite right.

7.08 The round of 32 pairings are determined by means of a draw. This round is
played under the knockout system, on a home and away basis (two legs). The
UEFA administration ensures that the following principles are respected.
a. Clubs from the same association cannot be drawn against each other.
b. The 12 UEFA Europa League group-winners and the 4 best third-ranked
teams in the UEFA Champions League group stage are drawn against the
12 UEFA Europa League group runners-up and the remaining third-ranked
teams in the UEFA Champions League group stage.
c. The winners and runners-up of the same group cannot be drawn against
each other.
d. The UEFA Europa League group-winners and the four best third-ranked in
the UEFA Champions League group stage play the return leg at home.

Unless there's something majorly dramatic in the last five minutes the eight teams dropping down will be...
Olympiakos, Zenit, Sporting and Bilbao seeded; Liverpool, Roma, Ajax and Anderlecht not.

Yep that's how it ended up. Well very glad to not have to face the 4 seeded teams and Liverpool. Roma is a very difficult draw, I really don't want them. Well have to see how it goes down tomorrow to see what we're up against.

Yep that's how it ended up. Well very glad to not have to face the 4 seeded teams and Liverpool. Roma is a very difficult draw, I really don't want them. Well have to see how it goes down tomorrow to see what we're up against.

Roma would definitely be the worst to get of the bunch. They are a really good side.

• 2 months later...

Strange how little is made of Balotelli taking that pen when told by his captain not to. Sturridge looked pissed off and Henderson looked hapless.

He scored it, that's the difference from the Mirallas situation.

He should still be told he was out of order in private though.

Big difference in the ballotelli penno. The undisputed penno taker was in the studio and that jumped up little prick Henderson thinks he's Stevie G merged with Mike Tyson recently.

Ballotelli is a great penalty taker, very very good. He's just showing Henderson disrespect, not a bad thing.

Big difference in the ballotelli penno. The undisputed penno taker was in the studio and that jumped up little prick Henderson thinks he's Stevie G merged with Mike Tyson recently.

Ballotelli is a great penalty taker, very very good. He's just showing Henderson disrespect, not a bad thing.

Besides the fact that Balotelli made his pen, how is this situation any different than Mirallas taking the pen off of Baines?

Gerrard has come out and said it was disrespectful, because Henderson was the designated taker on the night. I'm pretty sure you were one of the ones on Mirallas -- as was I -- when he missed his pen.

I've already stated it. When did you last see a player other than Gerrard take a pen with him on the pitch, Suarez couldn't get them.

Henderson didn't want that penno, it was written all over his face, he's taken one penno for Sunderland in a shootout and missed. Ballotelli scores pennos, one of the best in the league IMO.

Henderson is trying to be something he quite clearly isn't, you can't act being a leader and tonight he showed he isn't and his team mates know it. Since Gerrard announced he's leaving he's acting like a tit, squaring up to players and being a busy dick head.

Over ambitious, limited, gobby fucker.

P.s how could ballotelli have been designated spot kicker, he was on the bench.

Read back, I said Henderson was.

I think the exact opposite about Henderson's reaction. He wanted it.

The designated penalty-taker is just that: designated. It doesn't matter if Gerrard has taken a million penalties. He wasn't on the pitch; he had nothing to do with that situation.