IGNORED

Manchester City (A)

Guest millwallforever

This fucking season :(

I agree with the above but i think we should start using a normal 442. We need to hold on to the ball more. We had a good spell in the second half where we started to look more dangerous by holding on to the ball better. Strange how Barkley came on just before we started looking better. (Not)

Edited by Peter H

I agree with above but im alarmed the way barkley is going stupid dive against west ham stupid dives yesterday has he been

touched with the Ashley young stick once you get a reputation for that you get nothing off the ref him and sterling seam

to be in competition for dive of the year and I for one detest it whether its our player or not.

I agree with above but im alarmed the way barkley is going stupid dive against west ham stupid dives yesterday has he been

touched with the Ashley young stick once you get a reputation for that you get nothing off the ref him and sterling seam

to be in competition for dive of the year and I for one detest it whether its our player or not.

He didn't dive yesterday!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-greg-okeeffe-reveals-ross-8241102

Nah, come on. He didn't dive against City. City got a penalty for exactly the same contact. The ref had a nightmare.

The lads been unfairly tainted. It's not right.

only have to brush past him at the moment and hes down the west ham one was a disgrace (avoiding a kick don't make me laugh

that's what all divers say)

when Ashley young does it goodison goes wild you can not have double standards just because

its ross or for the fact the ref was crap jags had no need to tackle Milner he should have just run him out if ross carries on hes in danger of turning

those who support him.

only have to brush past him at the moment and hes down the west ham one was a disgrace (avoiding a kick don't make me laugh

that's what all divers say)

when Ashley young does it goodison goes wild you can not have double standards just because

its ross or for the fact the ref was crap jags had no need to tackle Milner he should have just run him out if ross carries on hes in danger of turning

those who support him.

Right, ok. Give examples.

West Ham. That's the one and only where he has gone down without contact.

When else has he gone down without contact?

Mentioning him alongside Ashley Young is so OTT.

Your right with Jags, he had no need to 'tackle' Milner...but he did in exactly the same way as Lampard did to Barkley. One was a penalty, one was a booking for a dive. Hence the ref was crap. It's not an excuse, it's the very reason.

Jags had no need to tackle him and give the reff the opportunity.

This is how bad our league is getting.

A defender cannot make a tackle just in case he gives the reff an opportunity to get a desicion wrong. What an absolute joke.

Jags tackle was legit, he went shoulder to shoulder and Milner went down. The reff cocked it up.

It shouldn't be a mistake by Jags because the reff got it wrong.

Edited by Shukes

Guest rusty747

To be fair to Milner, he is an honest player and didn't seem to even appeal for the pen. If anything, he looked to be tryiing to regain his feet - which makes the ref's decision even worse. The ref also had a very restricted view of the incident (as shown by Jamie Redknapp et al on Sky) and I think he made a decision based on gut feeling and guesswork because he sure as hell couldn't have seen the tackle clearly. Which means it shouldn't have been a pen.

Doesn't excuse a poor performance by us though.

Right, ok. Give examples.

West Ham. That's the one and only where he has gone down without contact.

When else has he gone down without contact?

Mentioning him alongside Ashley Young is so OTT.

Your right with Jags, he had no need to 'tackle' Milner...but he did in exactly the same way as Lampard did to Barkley. One was a penalty, one was a booking for a dive. Hence the ref was crap. It's not an excuse, it's the very reason.

he went 3 times very easily yesterday also when he lost the ball he just turns away and walks back

I don't know who advising him on a 1/1 each day but he needs to wake up a put a lot more effort in

as for comparing him to Ashley young that's the way hes going. I hope im wrong.

he went 3 times very easily yesterday also when he lost the ball he just turns away and walks back

I don't know who advising him on a 1/1 each day but he needs to wake up a put a lot more effort in

as for comparing him to Ashley young that's the way hes going. I hope im wrong.

Barkley is above cririsism to some on here when trying to put across deserved crotisism to him in some not all quarters remember these words...

Pissing in the wind!

Others are fair game though.

Whatever our shortcomings it's just seriously annoying to lose to such a ridiculously soft pen, when on another night with a neutral ref it would have been 0-0 at half time with City down to nine men. Studs full on to the chest/head?

We were poor but we were robbed.

This was how I saw it, too. Even if the first kick to Eto'o's spine didn't get a red, the second one to Barry's head certainly should have. (Simply in that it followed the first one.)

A similar game to so many others this year, and I keep waiting for this discouraging trend to improve. But sometimes a trend is more than a trend, it's the way it is.

Yes, we need to get healthy against QPR. Any significant players back from injury by then?

Barkley is above cririsism to some on here when trying to put across deserved crotisism to him in some not all quarters remember these words...

Pissing in the wind!

Others are fair game though.

He isnt and shouldn't be above criticism. But to be label him a diver is just wrong. He's dived once.

And even then he didn't roll around and appeal, he got straight back up again and attempted to play on. Comparing him with the likes of Young is ridiculous.

Exactly. Thank you very much. I love you. Give me hug.

(I hope that doesn't sound like I'm licking your arse...Paddock...I won't forgive you for that!)

Barkley is not clever enough to become a convincing diver - he has tried once or twice though, but he has a lot to learn from the really good divers in the game -

clearly Everton does not have one of the best diving coaches in the league -

diving is something which unfortunately all top sides do much better than us.

until diving gets punished appropriately, it will remain an ugly part of our game which some do better than others and which benefits certain sides more than others

And even then he didn't roll around and appeal, he got straight back up again and attempted to play on. Comparing him with the likes of Young is ridiculous.

different degrees of cheating still add up to the same thing just because hes our spoilt brat does not mean hes above criticism

I just want him to play beautiful football that's all he needs to do.

different degrees of cheating still add up to the same thing just because hes our spoilt brat does not mean hes above criticism

I just want him to play beautiful football that's all he needs to do.

Jeez...He deserves criticism for when he does wrong (the west ham thing he deserves). Not for when he hasn't (the man city thing didn't happen).

Listen, your not gonna go back on what you said now. So let's just agree that you and a few of us are miles apart in opinion on this one.

I'm ok with that, so long as you are too!!!

How many cards does Besic have on the season? Barry had already picked up his 5th and would be missing next match. If Besic is on 4, then subbing him off, knowing Barry will be gone next match, makes sense. Wouldn't want to risk having zero fit defensive midfielders. I can get it, if that was the case. I don't know how many he's on though.

Besic is (was) on 3 as far as I can see.

Jeez...He deserves criticism for when he does wrong (the west ham thing he deserves). Not for when he hasn't (the man city thing didn't happen).

Listen, your not gonna go back on what you said now. So let's just agree that you and a few of us are miles apart in opinion on this one.

I'm ok with that, so long as you are too!!!

ok buy me we all have EFCs best interest at heart.

Besic is (was) on 3 as far as I can see.

My curiosity got the better of me, so in my feeble attempt to get the answer to this, it looks like only Naismith has 4.

And after the City match booking, Barry became tied for the most in premier league history? 99 yellows? Nice.

Wasn't that a song by Nina 30 years ago? 99 Gelbe Kartes?

Guest rusty747

99 Red Balloons - a great song and a reference to impending nuclear war. In 1983 we came a lot closer to it than a lot of people realised then, or now. A big NATO exercise (Able Archer) was interpreted as a pretext for invasion by USSR who went immediately onto a full war footing. Then it became a case of who would blink first. It was far more serious than the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Google it or click on http://militaryhistorynow.com/2013/05/20/the-cold-war-heats-up-new-documents-reveal-the-able-archer-war-scare-of-1983/

I was operational aircrew in the RAF at the time and it was very, very close.

Back to the thread though. How long before Barry gets his 100th booking?

Edited by rusty747