IGNORED

Europa League Round of 32/Last Sixteen

Thanks Paddock. I'll maybe just hold off on flights then which is a pity cos they're currently at £44 quid return on Easyjet.

I'd go for the flights personally; don't think you'll have any problem getting tickets as long as you keep an eye out and get them as soon as they go on general sale. I've easily got tickets for much more attractive fixtures in the past (eg Benfica). None of our home Euro games have come close to selling out so far and I'd be surprised if this one did.

I'd go for the flights personally; don't think you'll have any problem getting tickets as long as you keep an eye out and get them as soon as they go on general sale. I've easily got tickets for much more attractive fixtures in the past (eg Benfica). None of our home Euro games have come close to selling out so far and I'd be surprised if this one did.

I thinkyou'll be surprised you know. I think it'll almost certainly sell out. 33 against Wolfsburg, should get another 6 on top of that for the knock outs.

I thinkyou'll be surprised you know. I think it'll almost certainly sell out. 33 against Wolfsburg, should get another 6 on top of that for the knock outs.

Maybe so, we'll see. Wolfsburg was our first European match for years so was always going to be attractive but it was still far from sold out. Lille we only got 28k. Going back we only got 30k for Benfica and 28k for Sporting. Fiorentina was high for obvious reasons but was 38,026 a complete sell out?

Young Boys ain't exactly a glamour tie; and people may also wait for the result of the away leg before deciding whether to go or not, if we put it to bed in Switzerland the home game loses appeal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brilliant result, can really go after Leicester now and rest a few for the return leg.

Gibson, Garbutt, Alcaraz, Atsu, Kone should all start 2nd leg IMO

id go with that. They're all players that can be part of a strong starting 11 anyway. Depending on Oviedos fitness (did he go off for injury?) Garbutts in, and so he should be if we want him to sign a deal. Likewise, Alcaraz is in with Stones suspended. Kone needs match time, give it to him and bring Rom in with 20 to go.

They have to chase the 2nd leg, if they've not given up already. So play counter, which should suit Atsu. Gibson and Barry combination is the only weak point though (no way Barry will be dropped and can't see 433 at home), which is a shame because Gibson needs a run out too

Looking ahead as i always tend to do. The Round of 16 looks rough!

Best case: Club Brugge, winner of Torino/Bilbao, winner of Guingamp/Kiev

Not good: Ajax/Legia, Anderlecht/DMoscow, Dnipro, Villareal/Salzburg, PSV/Zenit, Celtic/Inter

Yikes: Sevilla/Monch, Wolfsburg/Sporting, Napoli, Roma/Feyenoord, Liverpool/Besiktas, Tottenham/Fiorentina

Most of stronger teams in position to advance (Sevilla, Ajax, Villareal, Inter, Wolfsburg, Liverpool)

I like our chances to win, unless we have to face another EPL team! It's like we're playing in secret. Shhh. Not Everton. Move along.

Are the ties randomly chosen for each round? Balls in bowls, and whatnot, all the way to the semi-finals? (So if Liverpool AND Everton continue to advance, we might face each other in the next round, or the final, or somewhere in between?

I like our chances to win, unless we have to face another EPL team! It's like we're playing in secret. Shhh. Not Everton. Move along.

Are the ties randomly chosen for each round? Balls in bowls, and whatnot, all the way to the semi-finals? (So if Liverpool AND Everton continue to advance, we might face each other in the next round, or the final, or somewhere in between?

They are from now on, draw for the last 32 kept teams from the same qualifying group and country apart but from here on in it's completely random.

Club Brugge, winner of Torino/Bilbao, winner of Guingamp/Kiev

Ajax/Legia, Anderlecht/DMoscow, Dnipro, Villareal/Salzburg, PSV/Zenit, Celtic/Inter

Sevilla/Monch, Sporting, Napoli, Roma/Feyenoord,Besiktas, Tottenham/Fiorentina

I wouldn't have an ounce of fear against any of the sides I've left in of those you listed.

Round of 16 update through end of russian games and 80' of early games:

Through: Zenit, Dinamo Moscow

Through barring epic collapse: Everton, Club Brugge, Ajax, Napoli, Fiorentina, Villareal

Looks good: Wolfsburg, Dnipro,

TBD: Liverpool/Besiktas, Sevilla/Monch, Celtic/Inter, Kiev/Guingamp, Bilbao/Torino, Roma/Feyenoord

Eliminated: Anderlecht, PSV, Young Boys, Aab, Legia, Trabzonspor, Tottenham, Salzburg

Edited by AlbanyNYToffee