IGNORED

Lacina Traore

Last i heard was they are discussing personal terms and this should be wrapped up whithin 48 hours. We may hear something tomorrow either way.

I am getting worried though as i think this could be a decent signing. My son says hes mustard on Fifa haha.

I gotta stop asking him about signings on Fifa. But for the record he says McGeady will be a good signing as he is great of Fifa too. Ill ask him to go scout for us, can do it from his bedroom.

Last i heard was they are discussing personal terms and this should be wrapped up whithin 48 hours. We may hear something tomorrow either way.

I am getting worried though as i think this could be a decent signing. My son says hes mustard on Fifa haha.

I gotta stop asking him about signings on Fifa. But for the record he says McGeady will be a good signing as he is great of Fifa too. Ill ask him to go scout for us, can do it from his bedroom.

Hahaha...I love this stuff! My 14 year old step son is the same...knows all the good players from FIFA. I used to be the same with Football Manager...thing is, these games stats are so accurate now...if they are 'mustard' on there, they generally are in real life!!!!

Tbh, I won't be bothered if this does fall through. I had this horrible feeling he was going to be crap. Probably the whole being 6ft8 thing because I don't know much about him.

The only thing I am afraid of is that Martinez didn't have any one else in mind because he thought this was a cert and we might end up scrambling around on the final day of the window.

Tbh, I won't be bothered if this does fall through. I had this horrible feeling he was going to be crap. Probably the whole being 6ft8 thing because I don't know much about him.

The only thing I am afraid of is that Martinez didn't have any one else in mind because he thought this was a cert and we might end up scrambling around on the final day of the window.

He could never have thought it a cert, because he wasn't the first in for him. West Ham did the leg work apparently, we just swooped in after we heard he was available.

I'm not sure there was a replacement now and if there ever was, it's because the player can't move yet (for whatever reason - already on a 6 month loan elsewhere?).

It's a little worrying. We needed someone in sooner, rather than later, otherwise we're very short up to and are relying on a player, who's taking things a little too easy at the moment.

Edited by tenaciousj

Martinez has also said that if we get Traore that it'll probably be the end of our business.

What happened to getting a replacement for Kone and Gibson?

We're going to be crossing our fingers that we don't have another injury run for the rest of the season or we'll have let a chance at top 4 slip by not getting January right.

Like you, I'm hoping his comments today are to play down any rumoured interest from Everton in players he might want, with a view to waiting until the price comes down towards the end of the month. He said elsewhere in the interview that he thinks the window has been very quiet so far because everyone is waiting for value late in the window so hopefully he's doing the same. It feels as though everyone is waiting for someone to blink first, and then there'll be a flurry of business.

Martinez has also said that if we get Traore that it'll probably be the end of our business.

What happened to getting a replacement for Kone and Gibson?

We're going to be crossing our fingers that we don't have another injury run for the rest of the season or we'll have let a chance at top 4 slip by not getting January right.

Didn't he say he wanted a couple more signings after the attacking options?

i'm confused. It's either a really good negotiating tactic or we're screwed.