IGNORED

Lacina Traore

I know we all want big things from traore (no pun intended) but unless we have an option to loan for next season I can't see the benefit of signing him if he will take the rest of the season to get accustomed to the pace.

Naismith was always played out of position! Nothing even close to a Naismith scenario.

The lad is just not very good. When you see a good player you see a good player and for me it's quite easy to see the lad needs a "huge" amount of work to even come close to being a top end premier league player.

He was shockingly bad.

Laughable how you can judge him after 1 game considering his circumstances. Pointless saying anything more because you've already made your mind up. Bit embarrassing really.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/02/17/traore-more-to-come

didnt realise he didnt speak English

edit: Just thinking ahead, anyone else thinking we might be getting him on loan again next season? As Romey pointed out, its a weird deal taking on a player with limited match fitness but Im wondering if we are trying to setup up links to Monaco?

Edited by Matt

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/02/17/traore-more-to-come

didnt realise he didnt speak English

edit: Just thinking ahead, anyone else thinking we might be getting him on loan again next season? As Romey pointed out, its a weird deal taking on a player with limited match fitness but Im wondering if we are trying to setup up links to Monaco?

I dont think so... I get the feeling it was just a short term measure to make sure we had another body in the squad and so that we can save our money for a striker (or 2) in the summer.

I dont think so... I get the feeling it was just a short term measure to make sure we had another body in the squad and so that we can save our money for a striker (or 2) in the summer.

but loan deals can cost a fair bit, and like Mark said he's been brought in in not good shape. I'm sure we could've found a fitter player to loan in to make up bodies, which is why I'm thinking we're making relationships with the rich clubs. Would be a smart move if we are, though I accept a long shot

Im not sure how much this loan would have cost because they have only just brought him in and obviously think he needs game time. If the club are looking for him to go on loan then the actual cost wont be too high.

On the whole I dont think there are too many realistic options and Martinez or his scouts clearly thought that this lad was worth a shout despite his injury.

Im only speculating of course but I dont see Monaco looking to sell so quickly after buying him!

I heard out for 5-6 weeks. Can anyone confirm?

No, but if he is then I'm going to be mightily pissed off. This sort of thing happening was always a risk when you've brought in an already injured player because, as we all know, when you're coming back from an injury there's always a risk of re-injury or picking up niggling injuries.

Silly business getting him in.

No, but if he is then I'm going to be mightily pissed off. This sort of thing happening was always a risk when you've brought in an already injured player because, as we all know, when you're coming back from an injury there's always a risk of re-injury or picking up niggling injuries.

Silly business getting him in.

I agree

Think it was a bit of a panic buy, if only Roberto had done what he said he was going to do in the first place and not let Jelavic go until we had a replacement in.Then I doubt we would ever have taken the risk, Its back fired badly and left us without a CF for the busiest part of the season.

Naismith has come in and done a job but he isnt the answer

I think this signing traore will be a learning curve for Martinez,not to delve into the unknown traore was definitely a panic signing,

And I'm sure he will be packing his bags to go back to Monaco before the end of season.

Then lucky it's a loan, and not a huge signing that broke the bank....

Awful awful decision to let Jelavic go to Hull and not have a viable permanent replacement ready.

There should be at least £20m spent in the summer with all the player sales this season.

I really just don't get the departure of players and not replacing them properly. Not only was this guy injured in the first place he looks an absolutely awful player.

Jelavic was no superstar at the end, but by god we could have done with him.

He looked the business when he first joined us too.

What was his record after his initial burst?

At the end of the day, he's on of these that makes an initial impact then moves on. 6 clubs in 7 years says that.

He has only had 6 clubs in his entire career so that should read 6 clubs in 12 years, also with stats of 116 goals in 292 appearances I would class him as a consisten scorer, apart from the drought he had with us

Jelavic never got a chance under Martinez. The first 3 games were poor but it was a breaking in period.

It wasn't for the want of his trying things just wernt going for him. I think it was a big mistake letting him go and not replacing will a permanent striker.

He has only had 6 clubs in his entire career so that should read 6 clubs in 12 years, also with stats of 116 goals in 292 appearances I would class him as a consisten scorer, apart from the drought he had with us

No it shouldnt read that at all...because I wasnt talking about his whole career. If I was, then it would have said that (to be honest, averaging a club every 2 years is still pretty poor). As it is, in the last 7 years, he has played for 6 different teams.

I have no problem with him. He did well for us for 6 months. But then next to nothing for over 12 months. Why would that indicate to any of you that he could make a difference? If he had carried on like he did those first 6 month, or even at 50% of that, then we would have kept him. But he offered nothing anymore...and thats unfortunate.

And where do you get 116 goals from? He's got 87 club goals?!!! Plus 5 in 31 for Croatia. Hardly breathtaking.

I just dont see the point in pining for something that wasnt all that anyway.

Good luck to him though!

No it shouldnt read that at all...because I wasnt talking about his whole career. If I was, then it would have said that (to be honest, averaging a club every 2 years is still pretty poor). As it is, in the last 7 years, he has played for 6 different teams.

I have no problem with him. He did well for us for 6 months. But then next to nothing for over 12 months. Why would that indicate to any of you that he could make a difference? If he had carried on like he did those first 6 month, or even at 50% of that, then we would have kept him. But he offered nothing anymore...and thats unfortunate.

And where do you get 116 goals from? He's got 87 club goals?!!! Plus 5 in 31 for Croatia. Hardly breathtaking.

I just dont see the point in pining for something that wasnt all that anyway.

Good luck to him though!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikica_Jelavi%C4%87

Not the most reliable source I know

With the exception of his move to Hull every time he has moved its been to a bigger club so he must have been doing something right

Oh and Im not pining for him I simply think it was a very poor decision to sell him when we didn't have a replacement in first. It has left us without a forward at a crucial stage of the season and has effectively ended our chances of CL football

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic