IGNORED

Lacina Traore

It's a different injury. He was back within 2 weeks from the one he signed with. Just bad luck.

I find it disappointing that some people seem to be pleased that he's injured just so they can say I told you so...

This subject has been done to death now, but he's a 'waste of space' with a 1:1 goal ratio so far

Why would I be pleased??

I wanted someone in who was a quality player and because he's here. We didn't get anyone else. It has to go down as a shockingly bad transfer decision. Especially with our league position. Absolutely terrible.

Monaco probably just laughed and said he's contracted to you for 6months deal with him.

No doubt RM has learnt from this decision. As long as he recognizes the mistake (and I'm sure he does) then what's done is done.

To put a Roberto positive spin on it. He could be an impact player in the last couple of games when we really need a goal. Having not seen much of him sides won't be too sure how to handle him. If he gets the winner against City at home or in a possible FA Cup final then I'll take it.

From me it's more sarcasm than a genuine opinion on his talent. I'm equally sick of people writing a player off after 60 minutes' football. Same thing with Kone, 79 minutes played and written off before his injury. This despite already proving his quality in the league last year. Not saying either player is a world beater, just a bit sick of the negativity creeping in around here on nearly every thread

Agreed. I don't see why everyone's written him off after just 45 minutes of time.

I wouldnt put it past a few people in here

Statistically he is the best striker we ever had.

Dixie Dean scored a goal every 1.14 games.

Lacina Traore 1.0

Dixie Dean 1.14

Dave Hickson 2.21

Bob Latchford 2.22

Alex Young 2.96

Graham Shap 2.97

Duncan Ferguson 3.6

(Some stats are from full careers, some from just Everton. Basically whichever I found first, i'm lazy, don't start having a moan, its just a laugh.)

Lacina Traore 1.0

Dixie Dean 1.14

Dave Hickson 2.21

Bob Latchford 2.22

Alex Young 2.96

Graham Shap 2.97

Duncan Ferguson 3.6

(Some stats are from full careers, some from just Everton. Basically whichever I found first, i'm lazy, don't start having a moan, its just a laugh.)

This definitely needs to go in your new thread mate.

Lacina Traore 1.0

Dixie Dean 1.14

Dave Hickson 2.21

Bob Latchford 2.22

Alex Young 2.96

Graham Shap 2.97

Duncan Ferguson 3.6

Think we should build a statue for him?

Guest blueboy122

It would be more fitting if we built a brand new stand that faced away from the pitch that way anyone buying a ticket would be completely wasting their money

Best yet

• 1 month later...

I can understand RM, at the moment the club has only two strikers in the squad and one of them has missed the whole year due to a serious injury.

Lacina Traoré has barely played this season, that's true, but if he got him in the first place must be because he is confident about the lad or he trusts the scout who brought him. If Monaco wants another loan (hopefully a cheap one), why not?

Anyway, I would still prefer a decent investment in the starting striker position for the next season, call it Lukaku, Bony or the lad playing for the belgian club Batshuayi or some of the chaps from the Bundesliga. No more Koné starting, please.

I get the feeling he is just trying to keep the lad motivated. We may need him come the last game of the season and if Martinez comes out and states he isnt interested in keeping him next season, there is no carrot for the player to get fully fit or give a toss in training.

I hope this is the case.

he doesn't need a run of games I seen enough in the game he played.

To me he was a panic buy.

Hope his bags are packed.

anyone seeing Barkley at the weekend would say hes shit too, based on that 1 performance. Traore was coming back from injury, in a new league, etc and still managed to score. He may well be crap, but judging him after 1 game is laughable. Also, as rich as Monaco are, they wouldnt have signed him if they didnt rate him.

I didn't say he was crap,but I don't think he's good enough for us.

Plus the guy has been injured for nearly a year we can't afford to take a chance on what seems to be an injury prone player.

I say send him back he's cost us enough already.

fair enough :)

Shite :)

Monaco spent a fortune on this young man. He has played in precisely one game for us, scoring the first goal. That was his first game ever in the BPL and first played with an English team. Despite what some of the world's best coaches and scouts think, no matter that he's played only 90 minutes for Everton, some are willing to write him off. What a joke!

Edited by Cornish Steve