IGNORED

Lacina Traore

I have to say I enjoyed your discussion guys. I still love McCarthy, the MC position is the base of any team, it requires lots of tactical knowledge and for me it also has an influence on the future sucess of the man as a manager (Ancelotti, Simeone, Guardiola, Martinez...even Benitez and Mourinho were midfielders!)

The truth is Traoré has only had a hamstring injured with a setback (rushed too soon, perhaps?). The guy is 6'6', he may need more time to heal than others if he is explosive and physical.

Does anyone know if he is a permacrocked or is just a one-off? That would be the deal-breaker for me. I can stand one bad injury period, but I wouldn't want another player permanently injured.

6'8 even ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacina_Traor%C3%A9

career stats etc, but take it with a pinch of salt with wiki. Looks like has played 3.5 out of 7 full seasons, if Ive counted that correctly

career stats etc, but take it with a pinch of salt with wiki. Looks like has played 3.5 out of 7 full seasons, if Ive counted that correctly

I can't see if when he did not play for Cluj (44 in 3 seasons) he was injured, and I can't open his transfermarkt page where theoretically they keep record of his injuries.

For Anzhi (29 in one year and a half) and Kuban (38 in one year) he had a normal amount of games played.

Let's draw the analogy between Traore and McGeady. Both played in the Russian leagues. Both deals were viewed negatively and with trepidation at this forum. Both players were out of shape when then joined Everton. Both struggled in their first appearance. Given the opportunity to progress, however, McGeady is turning out to be a bit of a bargain. Why wouldn't Traore also?

Was going to start a thread on Mcgeady.

For me so far a bit part player. Not someone you could rely on to put a 90minute performance. Definitely has quality but still huge ????? Over his overall contribution

But we couldn't rely on Lukaku putting in a 90-minute performance at the start of the season. It takes time to become a regular starter when you haven't been playing 90 minutes every week.

Was going to start a thread on Mcgeady.

For me so far a bit part player. Not someone you could rely on to put a 90minute performance. Definitely has quality but still huge ????? Over his overall contribution

He effectively ended his season in September when he was banished to train with the youth team in Russia. He then clearly put some beef on and was rusty.

In any normal given circumstance you would equate that to an "end of season" effect on his body. He had basically stopped playing. You wouldn't expect players to come back in August without having been on a pre season training camp and play 90 minutes....

With a pre season behind him and his family settled I expect to see a beast of a player. His feet are electric, so quick its untrue, and he isn't shy of pace. Watch this space, this lad is gonna be great for us.

Don't back down cotto...fight your corner! Throw what ever you can at them...no matter how contradicting!!! Keep going. Battle till the end...would you like a spade, I mean garden digging tool, to help with those holes?!!!

It's a great read.

Don't back down cotto...fight your corner! Throw what ever you can at them...no matter how contradicting!!! Keep going. Battle till the end...would you like a spade, I mean garden digging tool, to help with those holes?!!!

It's a great read.

You are not well. ;)

I'm with Cotto on McGeady so far. I'm not entirely convinced by him, I see him as a gifted player with consistency issues. Quick feet are always a valuable asset, but to me he has shown nothing more. No end product, no goals, no meaningful contribution.

We'll see how he fares with a full preseason, but RM picked a poor Deulofeu to start in his place, which is not a good sign.

I'll be glad to be proven wrong, of course. I can see he has all the tools, but I'm not so sure he knows how to deploy them effectively.

Edited by Kant

Mcgeady is very talented no doubt possibly one of the most talented in the squad. But consistent end product is what's missing. He's provided some great crosses which players haven't latched onto. I think he'll come good. But not sure he'll nail a starting position. All depends on Pienaar and signings.

Read today that Monaco have parted ways with Ranieri, which you would imagine could be a decent opportunity for Traore to get some game time at Monaco with the new manager coming in.

Don't think this one will be happening as a result.

Edited by doc_bump

Mcgeady is very talented no doubt possibly one of the most talented in the squad. But consistent end product is what's missing. He's provided some great crosses which players haven't latched onto. I think he'll come good. But not sure he'll nail a starting position. All depends on Pienaar and signings.

Yeh I would agree with that. Shown glimpses of potential but he is very inconsistent.

Yeh I would agree with that. Shown glimpses of potential but he is very inconsistent.

He's ten times the player of deulo... and everyone raves about the spaniard.

This is what annoyes me, the media sway people so easily...

I've seen both through my eyes and Mcgeady is definitely a more rounded player but...... Deulofeu is more direct and more dangerous and has years ahead of him!

ohhhh Kevin Mirallas!!!

I have seen quality from them both and I have seen shite from them both and I wouldnt really rate one above the other based on last season. The Deulo from the Christmas period was better than anything I have seen from McGeady but the end of season Deulo was worse than McGeady.

I thought Mcgeady was pleasantly surprising and would also argue that at this time is a far better player than Jerry.

As gar as no end product goes o would say it was more our inability to challenge for crosses than his ability to create chance.

Many times I found myself gasping that no one attacked his crosses.

Still would like to see Traore have a go at showing us what he is capable of.

I thought Mcgeady was pleasantly surprising and would also argue that at this time is a far better player than Jerry.

As gar as no end product goes o would say it was more our inability to challenge for crosses than his ability to create chance.

Many times I found myself gasping that no one attacked his crosses.

Still would like to see Traore have a go at showing us what he is capable of.

Read that wrong...

But. He has about 7 years on the lad and their games differ completely. If I wanted a goal I'd throw Deulofeu on before Mcgeady right now.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Guest blueboy122

French media is reporting that Traore will be part of the Monaco side next season. Good, I'm relieved.

Can't say am bothered to be honest he did look awful but I was more than prepared to give him a season.