IGNORED

Lacina Traore

So if you count vellios we are 3 players down

Roberto will have to get shopping soon.

Vellios and Traoré total minutes played: 60 (aprox)

I'm not worried about that particular losses if Koné can play.

The lack of a starting striker (Lukaku) and a winger (Deulofeu) that featured several minutes are more of a concern to me.

I don't hear any rumours about Everton. Is Martinez on holiday?

Edited by Kant

Vellios and Traoré total minutes played: 60 (aprox)

I'm not worried about that particular losses if Koné can play.

The lack of a starting striker (Lukaku) and a winger (Deulofeu) that featured several minutes are more of a concern to me.

I don't hear any rumours about Everton. Is Martinez on holiday?

Dont worry, they will start. Usually with "Everton need to sell to spend" (which we dont) then linking us with Spurs and Newcastle targets before getting everything wrong until maybe 9pm on TDD...

The less rumours I hear linked with Everton, the happier I will be.

If Spurs sign Traore we could go in for Soldado... He looks a player :mellow:

If it was on loan or for a cheap fee, I would give him a try. We lack strikers, any reinforcements would be positive. (I wouldn't spend more than 2mill on him though, I believe Everton should build on other type of players)

He's a natural goalscorer playing 1) the wrong system 2) with his confidence destroyed 3) in a team in shambles and 4) with constant managerial changes. Lamela is quite talented too and he barely played at all. Are they worth those massive transfer fees? Probably not. Are they good players? Surely they are.

If it was on loan or for a cheap fee, I would give him a try. We lack strikers, any reinforcements would be positive. (I wouldn't spend more than 2mill on him though, I believe Everton should build on other type of players)

He's a natural goalscorer playing 1) the wrong system 2) with his confidence destroyed 3) in a team in shambles and 4) with constant managerial changes. Lamela is quite talented too and he barely played at all. Are they worth those massive transfer fees? Probably not. Are they good players? Surely they are.

Agree on Lamela, he looked a great player before they signed him, he didn't really get a chance what with Townsend coming through. Soldado just looked massively lost, he could be another Forlan, will move abroad and become a world beater again.

Plenty of international strikers have amassed most of their goals against poor sides. Just the way it is.

The Traore book is still an open one for me. Haven't seen enough of him to know much. And it makes complete sense to leave him out of the world cup squad...not because he's shit. But because he has had very little game time in the last 6 months.

• 3 weeks later...

Give the lad a chance. 45 minutes of football. Fuck me I hate our supporters sometimes.

He needs to prove his fitness. Which he ain't done (yet). Looked well off the standard he's got a lot to prove. My main worry now is that that's one striker down. It's a huge gamble especially the fitness side of things.

Miguel, all you've done in the last couple of weeks is slam Leighton Baines, slam Phil Jagielka, slam most names mentioned in transfer rumours, and most recently criticize comments made by Roberto Martinez. During the season, you moaned about James McCarthy and others. I can't remember when you actually praised someone on the Everton team. Can you not understand why some get frustrated? If you support the team, why the constant putting down of our players? We just came off the most successful season in years, but you'd never know it from your attitude.

Edited by Cornish Steve

Miguel, all you've done in the last couple of weeks is slam Leighton Baines, slam Phil Jagielka, slam most names mentioned in transfer rumours, and most recently criticize comments made by Roberto Martinez. During the season, you moaned about James McCarthy and others. I can't remember when you actually praised someone on the Everton team. Can you not understand why some get frustrated? If you support the team, why the constant putting down of our players? We just came off the most successful season in years, but you'd never know it from your attitude.

Bollocks....Open your eyes, I give credit where it's due... When I think someone ain't good enough I'll say. I don't look through blue tinted all the time.

Always praising Barkley, Always praising Stones, Mirallas, Oviedo, Coleman and most recently Lukaku. So you're wrong.

Edited by MiguelCotto

I just hope we bring in a quality striker as well or we could well struggle - the thought of Traore, Kone and Naismith (with Naismith being the best of the three) does not fill me with confidence.

Just knowing that we needed two strikers and he's going to be one of them. Even if we bring a real goal scorer in we'll be relying on Naismith to get the odd goal again. Thing is aswell Naismiths best playing off someone.