IGNORED

Lacina Traore

Just knowing that we needed two strikers and he's going to be one of them. Even if we bring a real goal scorer in we'll be relying on Naismith to get the odd goal again. Thing is aswell Naismiths best playing off someone.

We'll need one striker with a choice of three. I can see Mr Boney making it four.

good bit of business i think. Kone is worth 12 goals, Naismith worth 5-7 goals, and Traore probably 5 goals as well.

If Kone hits more than 6 goals next season I'll be extremely surprised. He's coming back from another serious knee injury which will be tough, especially at his age, and he'll piss off to the ACON in January. There's every chance that Traore will too, which is a worry if we don't bring in a real top striker as well.

If Kone hits more than 6 goals next season I'll be extremely surprised. He's coming back from another serious knee injury which will be tough, especially at his age, and he'll piss off to the ACON in January. There's every chance that Traore will too, which is a worry if we don't bring in a real top striker as well.

So why chase Boney? He'll be off to ACON, too. At this point, I'd start looking at strikers from another region of the world.

Boney scores in every big league game for Swansea, every big cup game and every Europa game. He's proven deadly in front of goal. That's all I want. Fuck buying strikers to make them run round and be dead by 70 mins cause he's doing the midfielders work for them. We want guaranteed 20+ goals. He will give us this. And for half the price of lukaku.

Boney scores in every big league game for Swansea, every big cup game and every Europa game. He's proven deadly in front of goal. That's all I want. Fuck buying strikers to make them run round and be dead by 70 mins cause he's doing the midfielders work for them. We want guaranteed 20+ goals. He will give us this. And for half the price of lukaku.

They're being quoted at more or less the same price

Agree with the rest though. I used to get angry with Yak because he didnt work, but he stuck the ball away on a regular basis. As soon as he was asked to work, the goals dried up and he got unhappy

I haven't watched as many Swansea games as you have mate so I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt, but Bony has played one season in the EPL and scored 16 goals. There have been many strikers that came in and took the league by storm (even someone like jelavic can be used as an example albeit Bony is definitely the better striker). Lukaku has been a 1 in 2 striker just like Bony for the past two seasons and is the younger player and therefore more likely to improve. I also do not see where you have seen a source that says Bony is available for 10 million, that I could be wrong about though

I haven't watched as many Swansea games as you have mate so I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt, but Bony has played one season in the EPL and scored 16 goals. There have been many strikers that came in and took the league by storm (even someone like jelavic can be used as an example albeit Bony is definitely the better striker). Lukaku has been a 1 in 2 striker just like Bony for the past two seasons and is the younger player and therefore more likely to improve. I also do not see where you have seen a source that says Bony is available for 10 million, that I could be wrong about though

I think the only difference then will be that Boney would be regular at west brom. Check mate!

Zaki

I think the only difference then will be that Boney would be regular at west brom. Check mate!

Not sure I fully understand, are you saying that Bony would have been a striker at west brom during Lukaku's first season there? That may have been true but it is pretty irrelevant now. That was two seasons ago, Lukaku's first season as a younger player in the EPL. The following season, he was on loan for our club (a top 5 team) and was a 1 in 2 striker. Now there were games were I was livid with Lukaku, no doubt about that. However I am used to seeing young players have their growing pains and he will only get better.

Edit: I don't understand the Zaki response Cotto, not being dense. Care to explain please :)?

Edited by Toffee_in_LA

Guest blueboy122

Not sure I fully understand, are you saying that Bony would have been a striker at west brom during Lukaku's first season there? That may have been true but it is pretty irrelevant now. That was two seasons ago, Lukaku's first season as a younger player in the EPL. The following season, he was on loan for our club (a top 5 team) and was a 1 in 2 striker. Now there were games were I was livid with Lukaku, no doubt about that. However I am used to seeing young players have their growing pains and he will only get better.

Edit: I don't understand the Zaki response Cotto, not being dense. Care to explain please :)?

Think it was an example of a layer who has come in and had a good first season.

Amir Zaki came over and banged goals in for Wigan a few seasons back then disappeared of the face of the earth. One season wonder!

Think it was an example of a layer who has come in and had a good first season.

Just looked him up, seemed like he was a highly unprofessional lad that did not take advantage of the opportunity he was given. Anyway back on topic, I trust RM if Traore does come back for another loan. The training staff has seen him practice/evaluated him and they must see something in him to warrant bringing him back

Bony wasn't that impressive in the first half of the season a lot of people were calling him a waste of money etc.

Hmmm... That might be a decent sign showing that he initially struggled to cope with the PL moving from the Dutch league, but found his way and can score goals? I think that's a better sign than showing inconsistency all season long (which I thought was the criticism of him)

Just looked him up, seemed like he was a highly unprofessional lad that did not take advantage of the opportunity he was given. Anyway back on topic, I trust RM if Traore does come back for another loan. The training staff has seen him practice/evaluated him and they must see something in him to warrant bringing him back

Agreed. Given that Roberto got to see Traore train some, I really don't think he'd bring him back if he didn't think Traore could contribute.

Guest blueboy122

Hmmm... That might be a decent sign showing that he initially struggled to cope with the PL moving from the Dutch league, but found his way and can score goals? I think that's a better sign than showing inconsistency all season long (which I thought was the criticism of him)

Agreed. Given that Roberto got to see Traore train some, I really don't think he'd bring him back if he didn't think Traore could contribute.

Good point regarding Bony a good way of seeing it.

If we can find a half decent fourth striker we don't need to worry much.

On their own Traore, Kone and Naismith don't sound too great but alongside one more decent forward they sound like solid back up.

I thought Kone looked decent on his few appearances for us to be fair.he missed a couple of chances but also had a few more decent strikes.

Naismith has proved himself in my eyes.

Traore seems to have too many people rating him to be that poor. Wouldn't he be at the world cup barring injury and game time? I think we need to give him five or six games before we judge him, then one way or the other our questions will be answered.