IGNORED

Lacina Traore

• 3 weeks later...

What I seen I didn't like but let's give him more than 70 minutes.

If it was down to judgement below 90 minutes in an Everton shirt then I would be led to believe that Kone and Lacina are imposters pretending to be footballers.

I'd seen him a couple of times for his Russian club as well and he wasn't impressive then either. Hopefully Martinez will work his magic but I think it's going to be a tough ask.

In RM I trust, some people were saying earlier that Traore was a panic signing and a mistake for Jelavic. If that was true and these reports are true, no way he would be going after him again. The lad deserves a preseason and more than >90 minutes he has played thus far to be judged.

Edited by Toffee_in_LA

fuck off you tit.

My comment wasn't directed towards you. It had more to do with the negative opinions so many seem to have after seeing Traore play 60 or so minutes, in which he happened to score. We haven't seen enough to judge him either way, so just writing him off is crazy to me.

Having an opinion after seeing very little evidence is completely ignorant though! That's the problem!

It's not. It's called not having shite in your eyes. He was complete and utter pants. Couldn't trap a ball, ran round like a headless chicken and couldn't jump.

On that evidence he will not be good enough. I likened him to the Straq. That's what level he was at.

Thing is if RM has had him training with the squad, and IF he does want him for another season, then RM must see or at least feel that something is there that will help the team.

I'm in the school that thinks we didn't see enough of him to judge it properly. So just got to trust RM's judgement and vision.

He looked poor no doubt. Lets get this straight, he was coming back off an injury totally not fit CHECK.Playing in a different league? CHECK Russia to Premier?CHECK New teammates?CHECK Looked out of his depth? CHECK.Scored? CHECK.Written off already? CHECKMATE!

There was not even the slightest incline he was a decent footballer though. CHECK

Nope 98% of them aren't good enough for where this team wants to go. 100% of them rom this season aren't good enough for us (IMO) especially Colback and Diame.

And Traore was shite

Question, and it mightve been asked before. If you knew nothing about Messi and he played 60 mins for us, but was unimpressive despite scoring a goal, would you write him off too?

Edited by Matt

Question, and it mightve been asked before. If you knew nothing about Messi and he played 60 mins for us, but was unimpressive despite scoring a goal, would you write him off too?

A player of Messi's ability would have shown glimpses of his talent whether fully fit or not.

There was absolutely nothing to suggest he was going to be any good. I didn't rate a single thing he did and I was very unimpressed after what I'd read about him. It's an early judgment but right now all the evidence suggests he's not of the calibre we need.

People moan about Lukaku. Well Lukaku is twice the player I saw in Traore. I don't rate him.