IGNORED

Lacina Traore

Anybody else bored of this shit now?

For the 28439923773389th time, HOW CAN YOU JUDGE A PLAYER WHEN HE HASNT PLAYED A GAME IN 6 MONTHS!!!

He hadn't even got time off the bench to get used to the team, the league, the speed of the game in this country. I don't even rate the lad for fucks sake but it's driving me up the fucking wall people writing him off ALREADY even though he scored!

Okay he didn't have the greatest of games but he was thrown in to a whole new environment and he couldn't have even been half fit as he's done the same injury again already. Give the lad a break FFS. Pathetic writing him off after that game.

He may very well turn out to be a pile of wank but let's have a bit of common sense and give him a few games ey? I know that may be too much to ask of some of you.

Apologies for the language. Rant over.

It's easy. The ability to spot a decent player and a shite one.

No offence but not even bothering with you anymore kid. Your posts are either cringingly immature or obvious WUM material.

Kid? You're 20.

Serious question mate and not trying to be offensive. Do you wear glasses and sit in the top balcony?

Erm, he scored aswell? Quite a tasty flick it was too. But he must have spat at the same time?!!!

I've never seen a player come in with such an inability to trap a ball ever go on to be a decent player. Never mind in 5 months. He a write off. Straqmk2 Edited by MiguelCotto

Kid? You're 20.

Serious question mate and not trying to be offensive. Do you wear glasses and sit in the top balcony?I've never seen a player come in with such an inability to trap a ball ever go on to be a decent player. Never mind in 5 months. He a write off. Straqmk2

I am 20. And I still seem to be able to structure my points and apply a bit of logic, amazing that ain't it? Should give it a go "mate".

I'll ask the question i asked in the match day thread that you seemed to be unable to answer, why was it that Traore plays 60 mins, scores a goal and no mention of you taking into consideration his injury, new league etc.

Barkley comes on against Chelsea for 20 mins and was probably the worst we've seen from any player this season so far and BOOM! Oh yeah it's because he's been injured. Double standards.

Grow up or show some validity to your posts. Preferably both.

Yeah I sit in the top balcony with glasses.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

I am 20. And I still seem to be able to structure my points and apply a bit of logic, amazing that ain't it? Should give it a go "mate".

I'll ask the question i asked in the match day thread that you seemed to be unable to answer, why was it that Traore plays 60 mins, scores a goal and no mention of you taking into consideration his injury, new league etc.

Barkley comes on against Chelsea for 20 mins and was probably the worst we've seen from any player this season so far and BOOM! Oh yeah it's because he's been injured. Double standards.

Grow up or show some validity to your posts. Preferably both.

Yeah I sit in the top balcony with glasses.

Here's some logic... Traore didn't even look half the player of Barkley v Chelsea.

Christ I give up.

Sometimes you get enough of a view to make an early judgement on someone and I was very very disappointed. I was expecting a really top end player. When a top player has been out for months they still have their basic technique and ball control it's usually just fitness that's lacking and being a bit rusty here and there. This lad had nothing. Seriously I think the goal was a fluke as well :)

Do you honestly sit in the top balcony?

Edited by MiguelCotto

Sometimes you get enough of a view to make an early judgement on someone and I was very very disappointed. I was expecting a really top end player. When a top player has been out for months they still have their basic technique and ball control. This lad had nothing. Seriously I think the goal was a fluke as well :)

Do you honestly sit in the top balcony?

Why Why Why Why Why Why Why do you constantly ignore the facts that I and others have pointed out to you on several occasions? this is where your immaturity becomes incredibly irritating. Your making an "early judgement" on a player who hasn't played football for 6 months, playing in a new league, new team and doesn't even speak the language, Why? Thats all i'm asking.

Im not even saying he is a good player but to write him off considering the circumstances is just incredibly naive.

No i dont sit in the top balcony. :doh:

Why Why Why Why Why Why Why do you constantly ignore the facts that I and others have pointed out to you on several occasions? this is where your immaturity becomes incredibly irritating. Your making an "early judgement" on a player who hasn't played football for 6 months, playing in a new league, new team and doesn't even speak the language, Why? Thats all i'm asking.

Im not even saying he is a good player but to write him off considering the circumstances is just incredibly naive.

No i dont sit in the top balcony. :doh:

Give it up for your own sanity buddy! This ain't going anywhere, believe me!

Right, I'm knackered. I'm going to bed. Good night you tiresome bastards.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-discover-extent-lacina-6741834

Might be a blessing in disguise if it is a long term injury, then we can send him back to Monacoa and save money on the wages. Either that or get him to give kids rides along Blackpool beach with all the other donkeys

Those who know football and have watched for years will know what match fitness means.

Any player can hit a top corner freekick under no pressure but even Messi struggled with his first touch when he came back.

Coming back from a long term injury is hard, not cardio wise as you can do that in a gym. But getting your touch back, your turn and the little things you take for granted are the things that take game time.

Those who know football and have watched for years will know what match fitness means.

Any player can hit a top corner freekick under no pressure but even Messi struggled with his first touch when he came back.

Coming back from a long term injury is hard, not cardio wise as you can do that in a gym. But getting your touch back, your turn and the little things you take for granted are the things that take game time.

exactly, mentally too its incredibly challenging.

I think Roberto has to look at him self for the January window. I never rated jelly and was glad we got the dough for him but there had to be better options than traore. I know there is things that go on behind closed doors that means we could have had somebody else lined up that we thought was nailed on and fell through but it was a desperation signing. Surely Brian mcbride was available?

For us Jelly was a busted flush... too bad Moyes ruined him. He needed a move, psychologically he was shot in an Everton shirt. He was trying too hard and ironically thats one of the worst things to happen to a striker.

Ironically we could offer Papiss Cisse that same fresh start. £8m ish - gotta be worth a shot.

Edited by Hafnia

It's not the sale I have problems with because things just wernt working out. However, the way we went about replacing him did not inspire at all.

Yeah I agree with you there. I'm sure I posted somewhere that signing him injured might be a big mistake. If not then I definitely thought it haha. I just hope that the summer window brings in an exciting striker to fit our style, plus one or two prospects

For us Jelly was a busted flush... too bad Moyes ruined him. He needed a move, psychologically he was shot in an Everton shirt. He was trying too hard and ironically thats one of the worst things to happen to a striker.

Ironically we could offer Papiss Cisse that same fresh start. £8m ish - gotta be worth a shot.

Jelavic was vastly superior to Naismith up here, and he did look shot by the end at Everton. Now, obviously it's far easier to shine in the SPL than the PL, but there's no way Jela was doing himself justice in an Everton shirt, imo. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle - his start made him look better than he was (i.e. like one of the best strikers in the PL) and by the end he looks worse than he is (like one of the worst).

In truth, he's a mid-table level striker probably, better than the likes of Hooper (who also moved down to England) who is a lower level striker. Jelavic could probably do better than Hull if he was playing at his best ability, but now he's there I hope he does well.

In saying that, I see nothing wrong with Everton selling him, as things simply went stale and he was psychologically shot, as you claim. It's just a shame it reached that stage as I genuinely think he could have offered you more long-term.

Naismith is alright but I think it's more a case of better the circumstances being a good fit for him at Everton as compared to Jelavic (Naismith is able to take advantage of the system Martinez is playing, whereas Jelavic's deterioration started under Moyes, so there was no way back).

Bailey is one of my favourite posters on here but this is a rare instance where I have to disagree with him - i don't think Naismith is half the player that Jelavic is technically (a proper Jelavic), and not a better finisher. His movement outside the box is probably better though, that is true.

Of course, Jelavic must also take some responsibility for his own failings in an Everton shirt. But I definitely don't think he did himself any justice for that last 12-16 months or so.