IGNORED

Lacina Traore

Guest blueboy122

Don't think anyone is pining for him but a few of us on here didn't want him to go because we still believed he had the quality. I have got no doubt he will score goals for Hull his finishing is simply outstanding when his confidence is up which it is now.

Bringing a striker in who was injured and no real credible record was a huge gamble and one that isn't paying off which is so frustrating add that to Jelly scoring goals now, Liverpool tightening their grip on fourth with every week, us dominating large parts of games and no one to put it in the net is fucking god dam annoying anyone will admit.

Guest blueboy122

I don't get this Jelavic love in all of a sudden. Do people have short memories he was fuckin useless! Couldn't hold a ball up, had no pace, no tricks and crap in the air. He hit the ground running and was found out shortly after. Fuck me we were all gob smacked hull give us that much money for him two months a go

Seriously?

You need to watch him a lot closer as I don't know what player you have been watching before he went he was doing everything right in my opinion apart from finishing it. He definitely can hold a ball up did you see his goal yesterday?

You may have a point with some attributes of his play but fuck me when he is confident he will score goals make no mistake.

Don't think anyone was gob smacked I certainly wasn't. I was thinking Christ what a bargain Hull could have if they make opportunities for him which they will get his confidence going he will score a plenty.

If he doesn't score 10 goals between now and the end of the season I would be shocked.

This will rumble on I guess.

Traore's record stands up to Jelavic's in terms of goals per games. You can pick and choose parts of their club record (mainly question the ability of the opponent). I guess the international record might, might, tell a story...Jelavic 5 in 31, Traore 4 in 7.

Also, you cant take away the fact that Jelavic went so many games without scoring.

Maybe he will do ok for Hull, certainly playing alongside Long....but for us up top on his own, he couldnt do it. But I wish he bloody could have!!!

Seriously?

You need to watch him a lot closer as I don't know what player you have been watching before he went he was doing everything right in my opinion apart from finishing it. He definitely can hold a ball up did you see his goal yesterday?

You may have a point with some attributes of his play but fuck me when he is confident he will score goals make no mistake.

Don't think anyone was gob smacked I certainly wasn't. I was thinking Christ what a bargain Hull could have if they make opportunities for him which they will get his confidence going he will score a plenty.

If he doesn't score 10 goals between now and the end of the season I would be shocked.

How close do you want me to watch him? Wow a goal yesterday? Bargain if hull made the opportunities? How close were you watching as he squandered chance after chance for us? Nobody was gob smacked when we got the money for him? I think if you read the posts after he was sold you'd be embarrassed

Guest blueboy122

How close do you want me to watch him? Wow a goal yesterday? Bargain if hull made the opportunities? How close were you watching as he squandered chance after chance for us? Nobody was gob smacked when we got the money for him? I think if you read the posts after he was sold you'd be embarrassed

Close enough to know that he is decent player and not the useless donkey you make him out to be.

Yes a goal yesterday 'wow' we all know what Jelly is capable of when his confidence is up and it will be returning now with those two goals.

Who was gob smacked at £5M for a player who has it in his locker to score for fun?

I think your analysis of him is embarrassing to be honest.

Chance after chance... He missed a handful and of course you would expect better but he couldn't buy a goal sometimes his luck wasn't in.

Hull probably create more opportunities than we do and he will benefit from Long doing a lot of ground work for him.

Guest blueboy122

Wo wo wo!!! You two can go at it over Jelavic...fair play to you both.

But Hull create more opportunities than we do?!!! Not a bloody chance. Stooooooopid statement.

Hey, big vic has got 4 for baggies....should never have sold him.

Victor Anichebe and Jelly are two different kettles of fish silly argument.

Stupid statement? Not particularly have you seen the way they play and the amount of goals they are scoring at the moment. They do create a lot of opportunities no doubt about it.

We haven't been creating hardly any chances of late.

Victor Anichebe and Jelly are two different kettles of fish silly argument.

Stupid statement? Not particularly have you seen the way they play and the amount of goals they are scoring at the moment. They do create a lot of opportunities no doubt about it.

We haven't been creating hardly any chances of late.

Not a silly argument at all....it was an obvious joke, sorry it was lost on you (thats another one on my 'limited humour' list!!!).

Before that 4nil drubbing of Cardiff, they had scored 8 in 10, with 5 or 6 zeros' s in there. Hardly prolific. So yes, stoooooopid statement.

As for the chances thing, on average we create 4 or so more chances per game than Hull.

Close enough to know that he is decent player and not the useless donkey you make him out to be.

Yes a goal yesterday 'wow' we all know what Jelly is capable of when his confidence is up and it will be returning now with those two goals.

Who was gob smacked at £5M for a player who has it in his locker to score for fun?

I think your analysis of him is embarrassing to be honest.

Chance after chance... He missed a handful and of course you would expect better but he couldn't buy a goal sometimes his luck wasn't in.

Hull probably create more opportunities than we do and he will benefit from Long doing a lot of ground work for him.

he hadnt scored a Premier League goal since March, sounds like a donkey to me. 2 goals over the weekend (like the 2 he got against QPR) isnt scoring the fun, 10 goals in all competitions in 53 games is crap. He had a decent period when he joined, proving me wrong temporarily (I always thought he was crap) but in the end he flopped.

7m for a striker who wasnt scoring? I was gob smacked! Ive got it in my locker to score for fun, if I dont do it though that statement means nothing, and Jela wasnt doing it despite his ability.

Getting back on track,I never put this in over the weekend but traore tried to throw a sickie last midweek he phoned up and said he had a cold.

A fucking cold I ask you the lazy bastard,

How much is he on ? A fucking cold.

These bastards don't live in the real world.

Everton weren't having it and sent the club doctor to his rented apartment , and told him to get into training.

You're kidding? If true, can go f*ck himself and piss off back to Monaco.

Getting back on track,I never put this in over the weekend but traore tried to throw a sickie last midweek he phoned up and said he had a cold.

A fucking cold I ask you the lazy bastard,

How much is he on ? A fucking cold.

These bastards don't live in the real world.

Everton weren't having it and sent the club doctor to his rented apartment , and told him to get into training.

What's the source of this info?

From what I seen of the lad against Swansea he's stealing a living. Injured again?

Batshuayi was available for £7.5m a relatively small punt IMO.

Yes he stated he wanted to remain at Liege for the rest of the season but money talks and he could have doubled his wages here.

From what I seen of the lad against Swansea he's stealing a living. Injured again?

Batshuayi was available for £7.5m a relatively small punt IMO.

Yes he stated he wanted to remain at Liege for the rest of the season but money talks and he could have doubled his wages here.

I agree a relatively small fee for most clubs but not for us we don't generally pay money in one lump sum it is in staggered payments so the assumption that money talks does not apply in most cases with us.

This is not aimed at you Cotto but people need to come down to earth and finally let the penny drop that we will always struggle to throw large sums at players until we receive financial backing and if not for injuries most areas of the squad were well covered.

I admit Traore looked very out of place and depth last week but given the fact it's a new league team and coming back from not playing competitively for some time I'll give him the benefit of the doubt plus he can play dogshit for all i care as long as he finds the onion basket.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I agree

Think it was a bit of a panic buy, if only Roberto had done what he said he was going to do in the first place and not let Jelavic go until we had a replacement in.Then I doubt we would ever have taken the risk, Its back fired badly and left us without a CF for the busiest part of the season.

Naismith has come in and done a job but he isnt the answer

Could be wrong but I thought the Traore deal was in the pipe line before Jelavic left?

Tbh I prefer Naismith to Jelly. Better movement, better touch and equally as clinical a finisher on best form. I think Naismith was already in Martinez's plans as being a striker and hence why bringing McGeady was done early.

I don't get this Jelavic love in all of a sudden. Do people have short memories he was fuckin useless! Couldn't hold a ball up, had no pace, no tricks and crap in the air. He hit the ground running and was found out shortly after. Fuck me we were all gob smacked hull give us that much money for him two months a go

Exactly.

Jelavic was never going to be worth as much for us as Hull paid in that window. Unless he came in and scored hatfuls (bearing in mind Lukaku was fit at that point) which was unlikely, he wouldnt have been worth anywhere near that much in the summer. We got a great price and it was a move that suited all parties.

believe me it's true obviously I can't divulge the source it could cost someone their job. Ps it certainly won't be on Google why would it.

So has it come from someone inside the club that you know on a personal level?

I ask because its quite a big thing to put out there. The papers every day are full of stories from 'reliable sources'.

Just because Monaco signed him doesn't make him even a decent player, let alone some sort of world-beater, it just means he's got a shit-hot agent.

I remember him from when he played for Anzhi and while that was only one game on tv against The Shite he reminded me then, and still does now, of a very poor version of Shola Ameobi and his total inability to control or pass the ball against Swansea have done nothing to change that.

I noticed all he seemed to do was Goz all over the pitch.

Yeah, you've made it clear what you think of him. Repeatedly.

I cant remember him gozing. I can remember him scoring. Then remember thinking that he seemed to be struggling and not offering much. Then remember thinking, hell he's been out for ages, he's bound to improve, I hope he does for oursake...I'll reserve my judgement.

So has it come from someone inside the club that you know on a personal level?

No it's not from within the club but it is on a personal level best leave it at that.

I ask because its quite a big thing to put out there. The papers every day are full of stories from 'reliable sources'.

Ok. I would guess this sort of detail would come from inside the club. I, just by nature, find this sort of '3rd hand' info hard to believe. But thats just me!

I cant remember him gozing. I can remember him scoring. Then remember thinking that he seemed to be struggling and not offering much. Then remember thinking, hell he's been out for ages, he's bound to improve, I hope he does for oursake...I'll reserve my judgement.

Well from the beginning I was watching him like a hawk to see if he was any good. All he did was spit all over the place. Edited by MiguelCotto

If this injury is a hamstring reaccurance I doubt he'll put the shirt on again. We'd be silly to keep hold of him.

his total inability to control or pass the ball against Swansea have done nothing to change that.

Anybody else bored of this shit now?

For the 28439923773389th time, HOW CAN YOU JUDGE A PLAYER WHEN HE HASNT PLAYED A GAME IN 6 MONTHS!!!

He hadn't even got time off the bench to get used to the team, the league, the speed of the game in this country. I don't even rate the lad for fucks sake but it's driving me up the fucking wall people writing him off ALREADY even though he scored!

Okay he didn't have the greatest of games but he was thrown in to a whole new environment and he couldn't have even been half fit as he's done the same injury again already. Give the lad a break FFS. Pathetic writing him off after that game.

He may very well turn out to be a pile of wank but let's have a bit of common sense and give him a few games ey? I know that may be too much to ask of some of you.

Apologies for the language. Rant over.