IGNORED

Hull (A)

Deacs

I really dont know how to feel about Martinez. I like him, i like what he wants to do with the team but he might be trying to push a square peg through a round hole.

Someone mentioned that the players are better than this, which is true but they are also not good enough to play the way Martinez wants them to play.

So who's fault is it? Martinez for setting up a tactic that the team cant play or the team for not playing as well as last year because lets face it, they are shite at the moment. None of the following are even near their best. Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Barry, McCarthy, Lukaku, McGeady and Barkley. Thats almost an entire starting eleven. Dogshite all fucking season.

We dont know much about Kone or Besic, are they good enough?

It has nothing to do with players not being good enough - they are.

It's the manager who is tactically inept. He plays one way and he is point blank refusing to change it... He's said himself, he won't change it.

It is pointless to continue to ask people to do something they are unable to do. Most of our players can't do what Martinez expects or wants them to do. As it stands we will be 4 points, possibly 3, off 18th place in an hour or so. If we weren't in Europe Martinez would be sacked. Just because we're in Europe is no reason to keep him.

It has nothing to do with players not being good enough - they are.

It's the manager who is tactically inept. He plays one way and he is point blank refusing to change it... He's said himself, he won't change it.

Still does not change the fact that the players are nowhere near their best. Barkley looks lost, Coleman and Baines nowhere near their best. Distin and Jags are just terrible. Barry who was brilliant at times last year is not good enough for Everton. Lukaku dropped because he has been bad. Etc etc

Guest rusty747

So you dont remember the Mike Walker days in the 90s?

I've seen a lot fucking worse than this. The problem is we have last year to compare, that's what making this season seem to bad. Martinez must learn from his mistakes and quickly.

Sacking him would result in us getting a toss manager that could never dream of getting us 5th ever. Who is available that could do that? Mclaren? hahah

Yes, agreed. The Mike Walker days were dire too. But there seems something more fundamental wroong at the moment. I guess it's because Walker was never successful at Everton but Martinez is going backwards at a frightening rate.