IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

It's not always what the players worth, but how you can replace them.

This is the point. If we sell for 20m and buy an equally good or better RB for 15m, it's good business (not taking into account intangibles such as personality, team spirit, and the like). If we sell for 30m and it cost 35m to find a replacement of equal calibre, forget it.

While no one has mentioned it recently, what we paid for him in the first place is totally irrelevant.

Personally, I'd prefer that we keep the guy. He's excellent, knows the team and the setup, and has his best years in front of him.

I must ask a question. If there is a full back, of equal or better quality that Coleman, available for less money, why don't United just buy him instead?

I worry that the shite and spurs have already taken the best options.

I do agree we need to keep him though Steve.

I must ask a question. If there is a full back, of equal or better quality that Coleman, available for less money, why don't United just buy him instead?

I worry that the shite and spurs have already taken the best options.

I do agree we need to keep him though Steve.

Because they don't buy prospects. They buy fully developed players in their prime. Coleman is a prime example. They aren't going for trippier because they don't develop players anymore, they just play the galacticos.

They do buy prospects. Rooney, Ronaldo, under Ferguson, Shaw more recently. I don't think they are long enough into LVGs reign to know what his long term plans might be.

Right that's why I said "anymore", may have used to but LVG is a galacticos kinda guy. the only up and comer they got was shaw and he doesn't even play. Trying to get Ramos schweinstieger etc not prospects bud.

Right that's why I said "anymore", may have used to but LVG is a galacticos kinda guy. the only up and comer they got was shaw and he doesn't even play. Trying to get Ramos schweinstieger etc not prospects bud.

You are absolutely right they do buy the finished article "marquee" players, but they also spend a lot of time and money identifying and developing young players. Have done for many years and continue to do so today.

So United were put off by a £10m bid? Pull the other one! They are the richest club in the world. £10m out them off? Come on.

Steve do a google search I'm not making this shit up. Beginning of summer they and shite were linked with him, after a shite 10m bid was rejected they pulled out. No idea how or why, but all the articles say they're moving on to Seamus.

This is transfer talk and rumors so Steve it could all be made up! We'll see if they put in a bid for Seamus, if so they better not offend us with a low ball offer ala baines and fellaini

Edited by markjazzbassist

Steve do a google search I'm not making this shit up. Beginning of summer they and shite were linked with him, after a shite 10m bid was rejected they pulled out. No idea how or why, but all the articles say they're moving on to Seamus.

This is transfer talk and rumors so Steve it could all be made up! We'll see if they put in a bid for Seamus, if so they better not offend us with a low ball offer ala baines and fellaini

If it's all transfer talk and rumours, why are you saying it like it's fact? :dont know:

The only thing I'd say on Clyne is if United were interested then they've missed a trick and a bargain in todays market

He's probably one of the only players I'd be happy to bring in if we sold Coleman which obviously won't happen now

There will be better younger and cheaper options around without a doubt as with Coleman I very much doubt any of us would have heard of him prior to his move here

Edited by EFC-Paul