IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

• 1 month later...

13:55

COLEMAN BID MADE?

Everton have rejected a £20m bid from Paris Saint-Germain for defender Seamus Coleman, according to talkSPORT.

Surely that's the last thing Roberto Martinez needs! We're just doing some digging to see if there's any legs in this one.

13:55

COLEMAN BID MADE?

Everton have rejected a £20m bid from Paris Saint-Germain for defender Seamus Coleman, according to talkSPORT.

Surely that's the last thing Roberto Martinez needs! We're just doing some digging to see if there's any legs in this one.

Their right back is the Brazilian maxwell I believe. He's alright but Coleman would be an upgrade.

It's a no from me, he hasn't looked amazing but we don't have any time to replace him.

I'd sell him in the blink of an eye tbh.

Why is that (looking for a straight honest answer here). The more I think about it the more I wonder. I think he's hit the ceiling and doesn't have any further up to go which isn't a bad thing, just a thought. I'm guessing he gets on well in the dressing room and it seems a tight knit bunch so we won't sell.

No truth in that what so ever. Bayern have only really bought top players with CL experience over the last few years. Pretty much the same for PSG too.

We couldn't buy a good enough replacement anyway, and we don't have anyone pushing for that position either.

No truth in that what so ever. Bayern have only really bought top players with CL experience over the last few years. Pretty much the same for PSG too.

We couldn't buy a good enough replacement anyway, and we don't have anyone pushing for that position either.

I believe they have serge aurier currently and before him Christophe Jallet. I follow PSG and can tell you neither of these players are CL caliber. Jallet is a solid Frenchmen but nothing more, Aurier was a WC stand out who wS bought from an African side (Ivory Coast I believe). Coleman would be an upgrade for them.

If we do this they have some great youngsters it would be better to trade for. Adrian rabiot is a great midfielder and Jean Christophe bahbeck is a fantastic forward.

Why is that (looking for a straight honest answer here). The more I think about it the more I wonder. I think he's hit the ceiling and doesn't have any further up to go which isn't a bad thing, just a thought. I'm guessing he gets on well in the dressing room and it seems a tight knit bunch so we won't sell.

I just don't think he's that good tbh. His crossing is mostly miss, he seems to have lost some pace, he's thick as pig shit, he has massive lapses in concentration when it comes to defending, and for the past year or so he's been hesitant in attack for the most part. he hardly runs at players any more.

If we sold him for £20m I'd see it as a good deal.

Coleman is important to Everton. He offers an important outlet and threat for us. His pace is very good, he commits defenders and his defending has improved, against Spurs he made some key interceptions and his covering of runners was great.

He doesn't get forward as much as he used to because the system we play has changed, but he does run beyond the wide man.

Crossing may not be great, but he gets in the box quite a bit, and his cutbacks are good.