IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

Sell Coleman for 20m? have you lads lost you're minds? The last thing we should be doing is selling off our top performers and best players like Coleman and McCarthy, we're already desperately lacking in quality as it is. Why would you look to sell off our best players in the hop of signing players for elsewhere in the team? What we need to have a look at doing is moving on those who we know not to be good enough, Robles, Hibbert, Alcaraz, Distin, Gibson, Kone, McGeady, Pienaar, Kone can all leave when the transfer window opens as far as I'm concerned, to a lesser extent Barry and Naismith. They're not near where we want to be at, I'd rather play our extremely gifted crop of kids who can't get a look in than these shower of crooks at the minute. Bloated wages for perennial underperformers and constantly injured players is just not how a cash strapped club like us can work. Selling off these guys if anyone would have them and free up the wages would bring in the same amount of cash as your idiotic suggestions of selling Coleman and much more beneficial for the team in my opinion. these guys are blocking our young players progression and potentially bringing in other gifted youngsters is what's happening at the minute.

Dunno, just a feeling I get that his head and possibly heart isn't on the job.

Tapped up maybe? Probably bollocksbut it's just a feeling I get with him. He doesn't look happy or like he's enjoying himself here.

That seems to be based on 3-4 games max where the entire squad is low on confidence. Also, against Hull he was one of few players actually working and trying to right the ship. Yeah, he's definitely not happy losing like we are now, but that doesn't mean he just wants to bail.

That seems to be based on 3-4 games max where the entire squad is low on confidence. Also, against Hull he was one of few players actually working and trying to right the ship. Yeah, he's definitely not happy losing like we are now, but that doesn't mean he just wants to bail.

He's been shit all season mate not just the last 3 or 4 games.

I didn't say he wanted to bail because of that I said I have his head has been turnedmeaning since the summer.

Edited by Paddock

He's been shit all season mate not just the last 3 or 4 games.

I didn't say he wanted to bail because of that I said I have his head has been turnedmeaning since the summer.

Ok, I see what you're saying. I agree he's been shit all season, but for me earlier in the season it just felt like a run of bad form, not being distracted or anything. He still looked high confidence earlier in the season for me, but I guess agree to disagree on that one, since there isn't any way to know unless a move really materializes.

Skybet has apparently suspended betting on Coleman leaving... don't follow betting here in the states but does that pretty much mean that he's gone? I also agree that his form has picked up the last couple of games and if anything (I may get some backlash for this) we're selling the wrong fullback. Baines is 30 already and we have two potential LB's to come in for him (Oviedo and Garbutt). With Coleman, we'd have to play Hibbert who would need replacing and we have nobody else.

That is of course we don't go with 3 in the back (which I don't want to see based on how poor our defense has been)

Skybet has apparently suspended betting on Coleman leaving... don't follow betting here in the states but does that pretty much mean that he's gone? I also agree that his form has picked up the last couple of games and if anything (I may get some backlash for this) we're selling the wrong fullback. Baines is 30 already and we have two potential LB's to come in for him (Oviedo and Garbutt). With Coleman, we'd have to play Hibbert who would need replacing and we have nobody else.

That is of course we don't go with 3 in the back (which I don't want to see based on how poor our defense has been)

It usually means big money has been place on it by a number of people. These people are usually ones with inside information. Suspended betting has been wrong before but it's a major indication that there's legs in it. Edited by MC11

It usually means big money has been place on it by a number of people. These people are usually ones with inside information. Suspended betting has been wrong before but it's a major indication that there's legs in it.

Ok that makes sense and is what I figured. It's not a sure thing but it also isn't just a rumor being thrown around. Would be a shame to see him go, he was a great player last season and can still be that good for us.

Twitter chat over betting being suspended on Seamus Coleman joining Utd, but @SkyBet say bet wasn't on offer so it's a non story #MUFC #EFC

Manc twats all over Twitter getting giddy about this. I really hope he doesn't go because there's nothing I love more than watching Mancs start talking like a player is theirs and nothing happens.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/549524/Roberto-Martinez-Seamus-Coleman-Man-Utd-link

- Martinez denied he'd be willing to sell him a few days ago.

Edited by Pearso

Don't worry in the slightest - over the summer betting was suspended on Barkley to City, remind me who he's playing for now? Betting was suspended on Baines to United when Moyes took over there, is Baines a United player? It happens all the time and only very rarely has it actually led to the move happening.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Fair point, but I don't think many teams would drop the same sort of money for Baines, he is getting on in years.

Daft money being quoted for Coleman here, I'd say jump on it.

That said, who we replace him with would be a conundrum. Anyone know how Browning is getting on?

• 1 month later...

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2506131/man-united-set-to-move-for-everton-right-back-seamus-coleman

Too bad trippier was already snapped up. I would have said go through with it.

It would be sickening if Coleman did go with Trippier going for that price. Should he go I think Montoya will be Roberto's chosen replacement - whether we'd have a chance of getting him is a different matter.

Edited by c1982

It would be sickening if Coleman did go with Trippier going for that price. Should he go I think Montoya will be Roberto's chosen replacement - whether we'd have a chance of getting him is a different matter.

Montoya seems to be on his way to one of the Milan teams (I think it's AC, but can't remember properly).

Like you I'd have happily sold Coleman and brought Trippier in for buttons, it'd have been a great deal for us. If Martinez could find a good replacement I'll still be happy to let him go.

Hello everyone it's been a while! Instead of selling Coleman I'd much rather we got him a regular winger to play with. Its probably just my opinion but after years of watching Hibbert and Neville play Rb it's great we now have one who can a)beat a man b)cross the ball and c)actually score.

I would not let Coleman go for £20m. For £30m maybe, but it would be important to show strength (if Everton lets go Coleman for £30m, how much can they ask for Barkley, Stones?) and have a replacement lined up.

Full backs are very important in RM's tactics as they are the ones providing real width and surprise arrivals. True, last season he was not at his best, but who was? If the aim is to do something important, Coleman and Baines are an integral part of it.

Non-related: Montoya to Inter is almost done, and he's not that good (and a prick that probably would not even be bothered to learn English ever).