IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

I believe they have serge aurier currently and before him Christophe Jallet. I follow PSG and can tell you neither of these players are CL caliber. Jallet is a solid Frenchmen but nothing more, Aurier was a WC stand out who wS bought from an African side (Ivory Coast I believe). Coleman would be an upgrade for them.

If we do this they have some great youngsters it would be better to trade for. Adrian rabiot is a great midfielder and Jean Christophe bahbeck is a fantastic forward.

Aurier is still young though (20?). He's taken over the starting spot from Jallet, and I can see him doing pretty well for himself in the next couple of years.

Coleman is important to Everton. He offers an important outlet and threat for us. His pace is very good, he commits defenders and his defending has improved, against Spurs he made some key interceptions and his covering of runners was great.

He doesn't get forward as much as he used to because the system we play has changed, but he does run beyond the wide man.

Crossing may not be great, but he gets in the box quite a bit, and his cutbacks are good.

Spot on

Aurier is still young though (20?). He's taken over the starting spot from Jallet, and I can see him doing pretty well for himself in the next couple of years.

That's because they sold Jallet because he wasn't good enough. Coleman is a lot better than aurier. Jallet is the weakness other teams would exploit regularly.

Edited by markjazzbassist

We can't sell him, not if martinez has sold the dream to stones. It just gives the wrong message, we arent a selling club but go on we will flog arguably the best right back in the prem

I dont want to sell him but i do see the differences between being a selling club and selling the odd player.

Coleman is a key man and one of our teams top performers, if we were to sell for 20m the next best thing we could buy would probably be Sam Byram and he'd cost an arm and a leg, maybe 12m+. I don't see the point in selling Coleman for a notabe downgrade for a net 8m that would have a big knock on effect on the team. If we start selling off big performers and big names we run the risk of becomng like Southampton where every lad wants away at the first sniff of a bigger move. It's not the sale itself, it's what the knock on effect and what the sale implies that we're not ambitious that's the problem. If we're going to sell, sell players we don't need Gibson, McGeady, Kone etc.

GVDWeil and 20m? Sorry, that's too good to turn down.

A lot of us are overly sentimental here. He has been great for us, and I will be very happy not to sell him. But, thats an extremely good deal especially if we're going to start using wingers more in future which limits Colemans greatest asset - his ability to get forward.

Anyway, not that any of this matters, he won't be sold.