IGNORED

Who can replace Martinez?

MC11

Klopp is in another league than Martinez..... What he's done at Dortmund is recognised everywhere. He's consistently had to sell his best players. The drop was going to come sooner or later. His record at Dortmund speaks for itself!

Di Matteo was just a name. He has won the CL after all if we're going to base Martinez ability on an FA Cup win then it's not such a joke. Schalke ain't doing to bad this season either.

He has also been given a lot more ammunition that Martinez up to now. Dont also forget that Klopp got Mainz relegated too.

Di Matteo just picks players and hope they do the job, with little or no thought. Chelsea pretty much managed themselves, or at least Terry managed them. His record at WBA and MK Dons is nothing special, but he is doing ok at Shalke so far. He doesnt have a style though, doesnt have a philosophy and wont get us anywhere.

I have based Martinez' ability on what I have seen from him at Swansea, Wigan and with us.

He record in the PL says last year was lucky.

How on earth is a record points tally lucky? The biggest pile of shite I have heard. A game here or there fine but over 38 games you dont get lucky. Quite possibly the studpidist comment on the site.

Last season Barry, Lukaku, Deulofeu his signings helped make our season.

You could also argue that Barkley is a Martinez player as it was Martinez who played him, encouraged him and developed him.

This season Besic has played well and looks like a great signing.

Dont forget Stones either. We have signed well on the whole, a couple havent worked but they wont all succeed.

He has also been given a lot more ammunition that Martinez up to now. Dont also forget that Klopp got Mainz relegated too.

Di Matteo just picks players and hope they do the job, with little or no thought. Chelsea pretty much managed themselves, or at least Terry managed them. His record at WBA and MK Dons is nothing special, but he is doing ok at Shalke so far. He doesnt have a style though, doesnt have a philosophy and wont get us anywhere.

I have based Martinez' ability on what I have seen from him at Swansea, Wigan and with us.

How on earth is a record points tally lucky? The biggest pile of shite I have heard. A game here or there fine but over 38 games you dont get lucky. Quite possibly the studpidist comment on the site.

I think you have the trophy for that with drivel you've just crayoned about Di Matteo. Chelsea managed themselves or Terry did....lmao what a bellend statement that is. The only manager to win the CL there. Mourinho failed, Scolari failed, Ancelloti failed, Hiddink failed!

Martinez record in the PL is shit bar last season when he took over a team that finished in the top 6. This season is looking more like the Martinez pattern. If he didn't win the FA Cup his tenure at Wigan would have looked diabolical. Don't even try and tell me Martinez is as good or a better manager than Klopp. He's got a long way to go before he can say that!

I think you have the trophy for that with drivel you've just crayoned about Di Matteo. Chelsea managed themselves or Terry did....lmao what a bellend statement that is. The only manager to win the CL there. Mourinho failed, Scolari failed, Ancelloti failed, Hiddink failed!

Martinez record in the PL is shit bar last season when he took over a team that finished in the top 6. This season is looking more like the Martinez pattern. If he didn't win the FA Cup his tenure at Wigan would have looked diabolical. Don't even try and tell me Martinez is as good or a better manager than Klopp. He's got a long way to go before he can say that!

Bellend statement.... One of your little ways of trying to get digs in. May as well have the balls to call someone a bellend.

Troll.

Martinez reduced wigans payroll by 25% as he had to. No means featured.

Bellend statement.... One of your little ways of trying to get digs in. May as well have the balls to call someone a bellend.

Troll.

Martinez reduced wigans payroll by 25% as he had to. No means featured.

Here he is.... The cavalry. I've just returned the tone of post I had received. Think it was fair enough

No matter what figures you throw at me Martinez was shite at Wigan. If he didn't win the cup he wouldn't have this job. You know Moyes takes relegation fodder to a constant top 8 team playing in Europe and gets no credit,0. But Martinez gets a team relegated and floats consistently in and around the bottom 3 and he's a master.

Here he is.... The cavalry. I've just returned the tone of post I had received. Think it was fair enough

No matter what figures you throw at me Martinez was shite at Wigan. If he didn't win the cup he wouldn't have this job. You know Moyes takes relegation fodder to a constant top 8 team playing in Europe and gets no credit,0. But Martinez gets a team relegated and floats consistently in and around the bottom 3 and he's a master.

Do a bit of reading. Compare league finishes to player salary expenditure.... It may give you an idea as to how teams finish where. Example Everton under moyes were 7-8th biggest player salary. Wigan about 18th - 19th.

I can almost teach you to have foundation to form solid opinions. The thing is your inability to construct a solid opinion gives us a laugh.

Do a bit of reading. Compare league finishes to player salary expenditure.... It may give you an idea as to how teams finish where. Example Everton under moyes were 7-8th biggest player salary. Wigan about 18th - 19th.

I can almost teach you to have foundation to form solid opinions. The thing is your inability to construct a solid opinion gives us a laugh.

Hmm I wonder where we sit for wages this season & where we'll end up.

If you want to go down wages route let's try Moyes best season in the league - 4th place finish. See now that is doing substantially better than your finances. Can't be said for Martinez as you've pointed out he's sat pretty much where he should financially.

Hmm I wonder where we sit for wages this season & where we'll end up.

If you want to go down wages route let's try Moyes best season in the league - 4th place finish. See now that is doing substantially better than your finances. Can't be said for Martinez as you've pointed out he's sat pretty much where he should financially.

Don't be lazy, get your home work done... Go on.... Run along. I've got the answer and it doesn't suit your agenda..

Sad thing is MC, you love the sound of your own bullshit,call people bellends indirectly... When in actual fact you very rarely provide evidence for your opinions. Just contradictions and detours.

In short you are full of shit. many don't bother responding to your bollocks, I'm just about at that stage.

Don't be lazy, get your home work done... Go on.... Run along. I've got the answer and it doesn't suit your agenda..

Sad thing is MC, you love the sound of your own bullshit,call people bellends indirectly... When in actual fact you very rarely provide evidence for your opinions. Just contradictions and detours.

In short you are full of shit. many don't bother responding to your bollocks, I'm just about at that stage.

This is what you do when I put "solid opinions" to you. You see your arse and go off on one with no response to the "solid opinion" I've given you. Go on why was it that Moyes got the 4th spot? was it luck? - oh no you've discredited that one! Was it because he had the 4th biggest wages in the league? Oh looks like your reasoning is flawed.

Let's be honest you say Wigan had 18-19th spend on wages..... If you're going off the wages thing,he's in a win win situation isn't he. As you can't do any worse than those positions. If he'd taken them into the top half on those wages it would hold more credit to his ability as a manager.

You won't respond because I've covered all bases! You're full of shit!

Edited by MC11

This is what you do when I put "solid opinions" to you. You see your arse and go off on one with no response to the "solid opinion" I've given you. Go on why was it that Moyes got the 4th spot? was it luck? - oh no you've discredited that one! Was it because he had the 4th biggest wages in the league? Oh looks like your reasoning is flawed.

Let's be honest you say Wigan had 18-19th spend on wages..... If you're going off the wages thing,he's in a win win situation isn't he. As you can't do any worse than those positions. If he'd taken them into the top half on those wages it would hold more credit to his ability as a manager.

You won't respond because I've covered all bases! You're full of shit!

When moyes finished 4th it was with 7th biggest spend in the league. Points per pound in salary expenditure Martinez in his time finished better than moyes. Then again if you did your research you would know this rather than grasping at moyes highest league finish as you best and laziest way of proving a point. in which case is wrong.

What does wiki cliches say on this?

When moyes finished 4th it was with 7th biggest spend in the league. Points per pound in salary expenditure Martinez in his time finished better than moyes. Then again if you did your research you would know this rather than grasping at moyes highest league finish as you best and laziest way of proving a point. in which case is wrong.

I think I've proved that you're talking shit. Edited by MC11

Moyes had numerous chances to be remembered in history, semi finals, finals, Europe, but he is a choker and doesn't have the minerals when it really matters. Don't want a choker. At least bobby goes for it when backs against the wall.

I think I've proved that you're talking shit.

I think if you read a book, maybe pick soccernomics or the numbers game. I could lose you in 5 minutes, can't be arsed. So rather than me plagiarizing stats off books that have been well written, read them yourself. Stop being a juvenile tit, you class Martinez as a failure for Wigan, relatively he was a genius. Far less spend than Jewell and Bruce when you digest the numbers. Not that you will of course.

Moyes had numerous chances to be remembered in history, semi finals, finals, Europe, but he is a choker and doesn't have the minerals when it really matters. Don't want a choker. At least bobby goes for it when backs against the wall.

Won an fa cup....

Did the double over the previous year's champions last year and secured the highest premier league finish.

Maybe he's just unlucky now.

Won an fa cup....

Did the double over the previous year's champions last year and secured the highest premier league finish.

Maybe he's just unlucky now.

Bobby will come good haf. What certain people don't realise is what bobby is trying to acheive a legacy at a club and can make them great for years to come. Not some 'come day go day' pious type manager who will go on. Yen game unbeaten run have all the plaudits thrown at him and when the limelight is taken away will fall away with a club. Like his last season with stoke.

What a complete an utter bunch of whiners! We laugh at other sites going into meltdown, then all it takes is three losses in succession and some made-up newspaper headlines, and "off with his head." If this is what football has come to, with fans demanding (and sadly sometimes getting) their way when they don't win everything or get instant gratification, it's a sad day. McDonald's rules the world. Instant everything. What utter bollocks.

I think if you read a book, maybe pick soccernomics or the numbers game. I could lose you in 5 minutes, can't be arsed. So rather than me plagiarizing stats off books that have been well written, read them yourself. Stop being a juvenile tit, you class Martinez as a failure for Wigan, relatively he was a genius. Far less spend than Jewell and Bruce when you digest the numbers. Not that you will of course.

How can you call someone who finished in the bottom 4 on a consistant basis a "genius"?

It's hard not to laugh.

How can you call someone who finished in the bottom 4 on a consistant basis a "genius"?

It's hard not to laugh.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/wigan-athletics-unlikely-survival.html?m=1

Have a read of that... Then come back to me. Make sure you properly understand what it is all about.

Give you a clue... Their revenue was less than Burnley the last time they were in the league.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/wigan-athletics-unlikely-survival.html?m=1

Have a read of that... Then come back to me. Make sure you properly understand what it is all about.

Give you a clue... Their revenue was less than Burnley the last time they were in the league.

You're basing every managers ability on revenue that way though....You're suggesting before every season starts we should just look at finances and that's where each club will end up. I'm suggesting that good managers go above and beyond their finances! You can't keep saying he was down there because he had no money. If he was THAT good he wouldn't have been fighting relegation EVERY season!

I see Swansea's wage bill has been continuously one of the lowest in the league. They've been a much better side than Martinez Wigan.

I see Swansea's wage bill has been continuously one of the lowest in the league. They've been a much better side than Martinez Wigan.

Couldn't have picked a worse side to emphasise your point tbh mate their a side that have carried on the footballing ethos that Martinez instilled Rodgers just carried on with what he built and so on

I get your drift though revenue does play a huge part but it can be side stepped through astuteness a side like Southampton are a great example for me

I think Martinez's biggest mistake was blowing such a large sum on one player that's no downer on Lukaku as he is a good player but not a £28m player in my eyes and that money albeit on the drip could have been used much more wisely in other areas and what he has brought in simply isn't good enough their the quality of player a side with our ambitions should have coming off the bench

If we had a fully fit squad and we brought in a creative midfielder ie Tadic and a decent wideman I very much doubt we'd be having this debate but that's all if and buts

Couldn't have picked a worse side to emphasise your point tbh mate their a side that have carried on the footballing ethos that Martinez instilled Rodgers just carried on with what he built and so on

I get your drift though revenue does play a huge part but it can be side stepped through astuteness a side like Southampton are a great example for me

I think Martinez's biggest mistake was blowing such a large sum on one player that's no downer on Lukaku as he is a good player but not a £28m player in my eyes and that money albeit on the drip could have been used much more wisely in other areas and what he has brought in simply isn't good enough their the quality of player a side with our ambitions should have coming off the bench

If we had a fully fit squad and we brought in a creative midfielder ie Tadic and a decent wideman I very much doubt we'd be having this debate but that's all if and buts

Martinez left them in 2009 mate. If anyone wants to use that as a valid point they also need to validate Martinez had Moyes success on his side last season.

Agree with everything else you said, except Stones was a Moyes signing.

I know Moyes signed him but he never played. My comments were in relation to the previous ones about Barkley (only coming through under Martinez)

I don't hold a candle to you fella! Never seen anyone spout such uneducated shite.

out of interest did you watch Chelsea that year? If you didn't Google the videos. He was giving more instructions from the bench that Matteo!

Didn't say he was did I? I am comparing their situations not their ability ffs.

I don't hold a candle to you fella! Never seen anyone spout such uneducated shite.

out of interest did you watch Chelsea that year? If you didn't Google the videos. He was giving more instructions from the bench that Matteo!

Didn't say he was did I? I am comparing their situations not their ability ffs.

Honestly Bailey you're coming out with John Terry managed the team to CL success and then stating the bold. Even worse the team managed itself. Case closed Edited by MC11

I know Moyes signed him but he never played. My comments were in relation to the previous ones about Barkley (only coming through under Martinez)

Yes, this is fair; it definitely says something about Martinez's ability to bring youngsters through the side. However, if we're thinking that Martinez needs to strengthen our squad over the winter for our results to improve then it's somewhat irrelevant. Not irrelevant for Bobby's quality as a whole, but I do think there is a valid point to be made about how his signings have panned out.

Martinez left them in 2009 mate. If anyone wants to use that as a valid point they also need to validate Martinez had Moyes success on his side last season.

I know he did but no one brought that point up regarding Moyes/Martinez and I fully agree as stagnant as Moyes seemed to many and myself at times I appreciated what he did and built here and lately I'd love to have that so called solid boring game back

Either way anyone glosses it the buck stops with Martinez last season is the past and the here and now he's been shoddy at best in nearly all departments this season