IGNORED

Who can replace Martinez?

MC11

When Moyes was in the same position, he went to Kenwright and told him how he was going to get the team out of it. Kenwright supported him and Moyes took us to Europe and kept us in and around the top 6.

Martinez will also speak to Kenwright and tell him his plan to keep us up, and will be given time to do.

This is history repeating itself

I believe Martinez will keep us up, and will make a success of his time here.

We need to strengthen in the transfer window, and I hope a CB and 2 wingers are the priority.

When Moyes was in the same position, he went to Kenwright and told him how he was going to get the team out of it. Kenwright supported him and Moyes took us to Europe and kept us in and around the top 6.

Martinez will also speak to Kenwright and tell him his plan to keep us up, and will be given time to do.

This is history repeating itself

I believe Martinez will keep us up, and will make a success of his time here.

We need to strengthen in the transfer window, and I hope a CB and 2 wingers are the priority.

I don't trust him to bring what we need in his signing haven't been very good. Our best players are all Moyes players.

I don't trust him to bring what we need in his signing haven't been very good. Our best players are all Moyes players.

Officially our second best player last year was McCarthy, first imo.

Besic looks a steal. Mcgeady needs a year but has disappointed me bar a few glimpses of ability. Lukaku a waste of money. The rest were for pretty much free.

Jury is out.

Officially our second best player last year was McCarthy, first imo.

Besic looks a steal. Mcgeady needs a year but has disappointed me bar a few glimpses of ability. Lukaku a waste of money. The rest were for pretty much free.

Jury is out.

McCarthy is overrated but is still a very good player. I'd want him as a starter and I

'D now consider him a core player, but I'm not going into him with you. We both have our opinions on him.

Deulofeu - I'd say he was a good signing

The other have been very hit & miss.

Lukaku - we paid twice the money we should have

McGeady - not good enough

Besic - looks a good prospect but its far to early to say he's a good signing

Kone - has been injured & looks as though he'll do ok

Atsu - pants

Barry - good last season but was always going to be a risk at 33 his form is shocking

Eto'o - seen snippets but games just pass him by when he starts

Robles - pants

Alcaraz - he is not a bad player but his injuries and speed put him in this catergory

The biggest gripe is not replacing Pienaar! He did this with McGeady who is no good!

Why all the Laudrup shouts? He had one good season with Swansea and then had a poor 2nd... sounds familiar!

Martinez has not become a shite manager over night - he's got 4 and a half years left on his contract, he's not getting sacked and doesn't deserve to either.

Why all the Laudrup shouts? He had one good season with Swansea and then had a poor 2nd... sounds familiar!

Martinez has not become a shite manager over night - he's got 4 and a half years left on his contract, he's not getting sacked and doesn't deserve to either.

He record in the PL says last year was lucky.

Laudrup's managerial career is hardly illustrious. The grass isn't always greener.

I honestly don't see anybody on the market who can sort us out. I wouldn't give Martinez more than 10 games though. He needs to get 19 points fast! He's got the players to do it. No excuses

Last season Barry, Lukaku, Deulofeu his signings helped make our season.

You could also argue that Barkley is a Martinez player as it was Martinez who played him, encouraged him and developed him.

This season Besic has played well and looks like a great signing.

and who is going to score the goals ? The current strikers cant score we dont have anybody who can score from outside the area.

The same players who scored them so far Lukaku, Eto, Naisy, Baines, Mirillas.

Mirallas, Baines, Barkley and Eto have proved they can score from range.

Look I know its tough, the team are low on confidence, we are low on confidence and it shows. This team didn't become bad overnight. The players who whipped teams last season and got us singing that "The school of science is back" are the same players playing for us now.

There are many reasons why we are poor, some players are bang out of form and confidence jags, Coleman, Barry, Lukaku - their form will come back and once it does we will start to get results.

Martinez needs to replace Distan and Pienaar just cant cut it at this level, McGeady just hasn't worked out.

His record suggests that up till last year he was managing an extremely low financed club. Hardly the basis for comparison.

Whilst I understand that. A good manager works with what he's got. After all he did have your £30m+ central midfielder in his team.

Point being here, you'd expect a good manager to exceed expectations.

We are Everton guys. We will turn this around. There isn't a team more experienced at staying in the top flight of football than us.

We're on a terrible run that's all. We have the players and all we need them to do is start performing. We were playing well yesterday until we went behind again and then confidence plummeted.

Once we have two or three players back on form we will see a massive difference. That's all it takes. Then we will see how RM does.

Give him chance this transfer window and then judge him.

Time for the fans as well as the players to get behind him and show support. That's what we do!

Edited by Shukes

I agree with this but whats worrying me is we have stopped scoring even from corners we arnt a threat.

the defense is the worst ive seen for me I'd make an offer for petr cech it could keep us up.

Would be a great piece of business, but its going to be a double figure fee!

I would go in with an £8m bid for Cech. In all honesty we need him, he is still an outstanding keeper, excellent shot stopper and commands his area so well.

£8m for a 32 year old keeper - surely that would tempt Chelsea, do they really want to sell him to Arsenal or Liverpool?

I would go in with an £8m bid for Cech. In all honesty we need him, he is still an outstanding keeper, excellent shot stopper and commands his area so well.

£8m for a 32 year old keeper - surely that would tempt Chelsea, do they really want to sell him to Arsenal or Liverpool?

Could we tempt Cech though. He could go to CL club

Sorry, luck is rare, it doesn't happen across an entire season.

He had a side that was finishing top 7 year in year out he's slowly but surely changing that team into his way of playing entirely. You dont just walk into a club and say right boys we'rd playing this way now I'm changing the whole ethos of how you play starting now.

You intergrate a style bit by bit . We're now seeing the exact same scenario we did with Wigan. Shocking defending and leaking goals for fun. Same players different style of play. It's not rocket science working out which bits going wrong.

What worries me most of all though is we've stopped scoring as well now. We were scoring freely and now thats stopped but conceding goals is back.

Sorry, luck is rare, it doesn't happen across an entire season.

agreed. What he has at the moment is a challenge. Second season syndrome, or sophomore slump - whether its that or not it needs sorting.

Last season wasn't lucky, it energised the team brilliantly. This season he has let us down woith a poor pre season - he needed to go in all guns blazing and use better psychology - SAF used to say put your medals away we go again. You've won nothing yet. It was as if we were gonna pick up where we left off.

He had a side that was finishing top 7 year in year out he's slowly but surely changing that team into his way of playing entirely. You dont just walk into a club and say right boys we'rd playing this way now I'm changing the whole ethos of how you play starting now.

You intergrate a style bit by bit . We're now seeing the exact same scenario we did with Wigan. Shocking defending and leaking goals for fun. Same players different style of play. It's not rocket science working out which bits going wrong.

What worries me most of all though is we've stopped scoring as well now. We were scoring freely and now thats stopped but conceding goals is back.

Moyes was in the same situation last season as Martinez. He went into a club that won the league by record points - yet what happened? He took them to their lowest finish in years. Yet Martinez is now being criticised for undoing the work of the man that he actually took over and improved.

We are at a low ebb and Martinez is on trial - do we sack him straight away? No. Am I worried? - yes. If he gets us through this I am very confident he will be a top top manager.

Moyes was in the same situation last season as Martinez. He went into a club that won the league by record points - yet what happened? He took them to their lowest finish in years. Yet Martinez is now being criticised for undoing the work of the man that he actually took over and improved.

We are at a low ebb and Martinez is on trial - do we sack him straight away? No. Am I worried? - yes. If he gets us through this I am very confident he will be a top top manager.

Ha ha is Moyes going to get a mention in every thread again now?

Ha ha is Moyes going to get a mention in every thread again now?

You still got him on speed dial dunc?

I guess he will if people quote "we were finishing in top 7 regularly before martinez" - we can pretend that is kinda referencing the previous manager if you would like?

If for some reason Everton panics and lets Martinez go we wont be able to afford a top manager. Hardly even a manager with a good reputation.

Its not time to panic yet. Martinez can turn this around. Id accept a top 12 and a very good run in Europe if it also allowes Martinez to build HIS foundation for the future. (I wouldnt be happy with 12th but i could accept it) he is in the tough second season, its the same for alot of people. Always harder to release a second album after a successful debute.

He is obviously trying to build something here and has bought some corner stones to build it on (McCarthy, Besic, Lukaku)

Those 3 along with Barkley, Stones, Garbutt, Coleman can becoma a long term top team.

If we get 5th-4th next season all of you will adore the man once again.

If for some reason Everton panics and lets Martinez go we wont be able to afford a top manager. Hardly even a manager with a good reputation.

Its not time to panic yet. Martinez can turn this around. Id accept a top 12 and a very good run in Europe if it also allowes Martinez to build HIS foundation for the future. (I wouldnt be happy with 12th but i could accept it) he is in the tough second season, its the same for alot of people. Always harder to release a second album after a successful debute.

He is obviously trying to build something here and has bought some corner stones to build it on (McCarthy, Besic, Lukaku)

Those 3 along with Barkley, Stones, Garbutt, Coleman can becoma a long term top team.

If we get 5th-4th next season all of you will adore the man once again.

Wow, just wow