IGNORED

Who can replace Martinez?

MC11

You're basing every managers ability on revenue that way though....You're suggesting before every season starts we should just look at finances and that's where each club will end up. I'm suggesting that good managers go above and beyond their finances! You can't keep saying he was down there because he had no money. If he was THAT good he wouldn't have been fighting relegation EVERY season!

I see Swansea's wage bill has been continuously one of the lowest in the league. They've been a much better side than Martinez Wigan.

Statistics tell that's more or less the case. There are very few cases where a team has outperformed the revenue expectations. Correlation is extremely strong.

Statistics tell that's more or less the case. There are very few cases where a team has outperformed the revenue expectations. Correlation is extremely strong.

One dayone of his his guesses will come to fruition. You just can't beat hard facts though.

Fact is proven players demand higher wages regardless of transfer fee. Collect more proven players and you earn more points but your salary expenditure goes up.

Look at the players Wigan "released" due to the fact other clubs could pay them more money than the wage cap of £10k a week.

When Bruce and Jewell were there they had heskey, bramble, etc a on near £30k a week and they were heading for administration. It was unsustainable. The reality is that Wigan could not spend the money within their means and expect to survive.

Martinez reduced the outgoings by 25%. They still survived despite having to continually allow players who proven themselves to move on, often for nothing.

That's his story at Wigan and why his survival for a few seasons was remarkable. Throw in an fa cup win and its a fairy tale.

He set the wheels in motion at Swansea.... The club mc used to counter Martinez ironically.

OK guys it was a bit tongue in cheek over Ally McCoist. But who is both quality and out of work? Not much around is there?

oh and no please not another Mike (nice trench coat) Walker.

Top ten with Bet Victor at the moment (Bwin are the only other bookie with a market as far as I can see but they largely agree).

Laudrup, Blanc, Ferguson, Rijkaard, Hiddink, Klinsmann, Ancelotti, Moyes, Klopp and Enrique.

Bwin add Redknapp to the mix.

I just think it's taken these continual games for Martinez to realise he needs to change it up.

He's like a bloke who has this diet fad and believes it's working, people have told him he's not losing weight and he didn't believe them. Now his trousers have split in public.

I think Martinez will learn from this. If he doesn't then he's a prick and deserves never to manage a club again.

Don't want moyes near this club again.

Edited by Hafnia

I just think it's taken these continual games for Martinez to realise he needs to change it up.

He's like a bloke who has this diet fad and believes it's working, people have told him he's not losing weight and he didn't believe them. Now his trousers have split in public.

I think Martinez will learn from this. If he doesn't then he's a prick and deserves never to manage a club again.

Don't want moyes near this club again.

I think Moyes is the only bloke who could come in and sort this mess out...(should it continue to go down the swanny) who'd maybe take the job! He knows the club, it was his ethos that got us where we where. It's the hard working mentality that he installs in his players that's missing for me - that has completely gone!

People seem to forget Moyes wasn't sacked. There was no reason for us to get rid of him. He left us in good shape.

Edited by MC11

When I read news articles calling for a manager's scalp, my first thought is usually "who's angling for the job?" After all, it's a lucrative job - and a new manager always brings in a new team. Then there are those looking to sell papers. It causes far more intrigue to claim someone's for the chop than to be boring and suggest nothing will happen. In other words, it's in the interests of a majority of spokespeople to oust a manager. Thank goodness for clubs and fans that look at the long-term picture instead of responding to short-sighted and self-interested pressure from the media.

One thing I'll say about Moyes Haf, he would get rid of Lukaku in a click of a finger. 100% not a Moyes player

You havnt got a fucking clue mate. if you look back, he persisted on playing anichebe for years without success. He has thesame mobility and has the same build. Both fucking useless. AND he was linked with lukaku when at everton.

You havnt got a fucking clue mate. if you look back, he persisted on playing anichebe for years without success. He has thesame mobility and has the same build. Both fucking useless. AND he was linked with lukaku when at everton.

Anichebe was played because he was a better option than Jelavic - who he'd stuck with & stuck with. He had no other option than to play Anichebe who was at least getting the odd goal.

Moyes would not have spent £28m on Lukaku.

I think Moyes is the only bloke who could come in and sort this mess out...(should it continue to go down the swanny) who'd maybe take the job! He knows the club, it was his ethos that got us where we where. It's the hard working mentality that he installs in his players that's missing for me - that has completely gone!People seem to forget Moyes wasn't sacked. There was no reason for us to get rid of him. He left us in good shape.

Are you David Moyes's in disguise, or do you just have a crush on him?

Anichebe was played because he was a better option than Jelavic - who he'd stuck with & stuck with. He had no other option than to play Anichebe who was at least getting the odd goal.

Moyes would not have spent £28m on Lukaku.

He spent that on Fellaini. Moyes is not the answer. I dont even think there is a question yet.

Not to mention he persisted with Saha when he didn't even get into the box or Cahill when he was shot. Such short memories!

Not to mention he persisted with Saha when he didn't even get into the box or Cahill when he was shot. Such short memories!

Bought Andy Johnson and made him like a right winger. Bought beattie and had him as a lone striker when he prospered alongside a partner in Kevin Phillips previously.