IGNORED

Dynamo Kyiv (Europa Away)

markjazzbassist

I disagree on the going in a bit too much because of what you said. Alcaraz/Coleman both had their worst games I can remember, especially Coleman. Barry/McCarthy/Jags were a bit too jumpy as a result of the shite defending and it cost us severely. *sigh* We need to beat QPR now...

I think Martinez said something about going for goals in a pre game interview?

I expected us to line up like we did vs liverpool with 3 strong CM's but I think Martinez always expected us to have to score with Kiev having that away goal.

But yeah, focus on QPR. Get those lessons learnt.

A very immature European performance. Everyone of a certain age will remember when we Beat Bayern Munich 3-1 in 1985 to get to the final of the Cup Winners Cup. But how many remember the performance that set that game up? I am referring to the 0-0 away first leg. That is how we should have set ourselves up tonignt but Martinez is stubborn to the point of stupidity.

I like a lot about him but there is a time to play open attacking football and there is a time to grind out a result and win or draw ugly.

If we are not careful we will get relegated just so that Martinez can stick to his principles. He has to learn or go.

We "set up" just fine, but the players didn't play; it certainly wasn't an attacking XI.

We choked on the big occasion yet again

Roberto got his team selection, tactics and substitutions all horribly wrong tonight and if Alcaraz ever gets another game for us then Roberto can fuck right off. He has been a car crash of a signing for us, I would rather see Atsu at CB

This for me.

I think Martinez said something about going for goals in a pre game interview?

I expected us to line up like we did vs liverpool with 3 strong CM's but I think Martinez always expected us to have to score with Kiev having that away goal.

But yeah, focus on QPR. Get those lessons learnt.

Yeah I do agree with that. The lineup just seemed to me like Martinez did not believe we would be able to keep a clean sheet. But I never would have thought we would concede 5 goals... and with schoolboy defending... Like if we would have conceded all 5 like the last one (despite us not closing out on the shooter) then fair enough but Coleman/Alcaraz were simply comical.

On to the weekend now.

It's so much about mentality.... You can see the heads drop and when we have to chase a goal they look inept.

I actually thought the players kept their heads fairly high. Which isn't what usually happens this season.

I thought I saw plenty of anger and determination. I actually thought there was a sense of passion. They really wanted to go through. It's a shame that it yet again comes down to one or 2 inept performances.

The holiday in Europe is now officially over -

Lets get back home and do the bread and butter stuff - grinding out wins - to stay in PL

Martinez please give Naismith and Osman a big break in our midfield - play Mirallas,BarlKey,Kone and Atsu up front with Lukaku - we need goals -

Tighten up defense - play McCarthy,Oviedo and Besic DM and Stones and Jagielka CB with Garbut at LB -

WE NEED A PROPER NR 10 FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME !!!!

Martinez needs to improve on tactical substitutions earlier in the game -

Mr Martinez your future is in your own hands - but think of Everton first

And THAT is why Martinez needs to go.

Absolute shite and totally unacceptable.

Ruined us.

All eggs in one basket

Spectacular faliure.

Anyone who has thought the way we have sacrificed our league campaign to win this trophy and never seen this coming is seriously fucking stupid.

This has been on the cards for a while. I've said time and time again once the bubble burst we'd be left holding our dicks in the wind....

Get him out of Finch Farm by morning the fucking prick.

He's ruined us just like I said he would.

We'll get thumped Sunday now as well.

Starting Alcaraz wasn't a mistake. When you look at his recent performances he earned his place, especially with Stones just coming back from injury. However not having the bollocks to take him off was Martinez's fault. And how the fuck Barry can start AND get 90 minutes is beyond me, Gibson must be livid. Coleman was non-existent but I'm not sure who could have replaced him.

After the performance at Newcastle, I just can't wrap my head around why Bobby would change the side as much as he did. The referee was shite but that wasn't why we lost.

On another day we would have gone through, if we had been a bit luckier with the woodwork, or more decisions had gone our way but it feels like with another manager we would have gone through regardless of luck.

Starting Alcaraz wasn't a mistake. When you look at his recent performances he earned his place, especially with Stones just coming back from injury. However not having the bollocks to take him off was Martinez's fault. And how the fuck Barry can start AND get 90 minutes is beyond me, Gibson must be livid. Coleman was non-existent but I'm not sure who could have replaced him.

After the performance at Newcastle, I just can't wrap my head around why Bobby would change the side as much as he did. The referee was shite but that wasn't why we lost.

On another day we would have gone through, if we had been a bit luckier with the woodwork, or more decisions had gone our way but it feels like with another manager we would have gone through regardless of luck.

Good post, 'specially the first bit.

Ruined us.

All eggs in one basket

Spectacular faliure.

Anyone who has thought the way we have sacrificed our league campaign to win this trophy and never seen this coming is seriously fucking stupid.

This has been on the cards for a while. I've said time and time again once the bubble burst we'd be left holding our dicks in the wind....

Spot on Paddock.

The amount of people on this forum who have continuously brushed any critism aside week after week after week and still can't hold their hands up!

We had more attempts at goal than they did.

Same number on target.

What happened to us tonight could so easily have been avoided if more of Wolfsburg's 60 attempts against us had gone in. They've just scored after 23 minutes in Milan.

Martinez thinks he's Kevin We'll Fucking Score More Than You Keegan.

If Stones and Gibson were fit then Martinez should be sacked for starting Alcyraz and that plodding fucking carthorse Barry ahead of those two.

Was that the first time we have scored from a corner this season?

We had more attempts at goal than they did.

Same number on target.

What happened to us tonight could so easily have been avoided if more of Wolfsburg's 60 attempts against us had gone in. They've just scored after 23 minutes in Milan.

Martinez thinks he's Kevin We'll Fucking Score More Than You Keegan.

If Stones and Gibson were fit then Martinez should be sacked for starting Alcyraz and that plodding fucking carthorse Barry ahead of those two.

Was that the first time we have scored from a corner this season?

Think jags scored at Goodison in europa game.

Like I said, the forum will be busy over the coming days.

We got a couple of wins and good performances, all went a bit quiet. Even the 'comments' section on all those Echo articles had no content. I bet they do over the coming days...check the links as they are posted!!!

I don't think I've read anything from anyone on this forum to say that this season has been good enough.

I also can't remember reading anything that stated that it would be ok to sacrifice league placings as much as we have to win the Europa...more like winning the Europa would be a consolation of sorts for such a poor league season.

If we are still doing this shit come December...then yes, it's no good and Martinez will have to take his dreams elsewhere. No excuses next season. No Europe. None.

We can't wait until December or next season will be another write off or even worse

I would give him until The end of September , if we start next season the way we have played this season he has to go

Tonight Alcaraz looked like a Wigan defender

Kone looked like a Wigan forward and even worse Roberto looked like a Wigan manager

Ruined us.

All eggs in one basket

Spectacular faliure.

And I suppose you had the same post when moyes got us battered against benfica?

We can't wait until December or next season will be another write off or even worse

I would give him until The end of September , if we start next season the way we have played this season he has to go

Tonight Alcaraz looked like a Wigan defender

Kone looked like a Wigan forward and even worse Roberto looked like a Wigan manager

wouldn't give him that long. we won't have options of coaches to hire. would rather he goes int he summer get bilic or laudrup and get them time to get players in/out and start a season.

if we wait till september its glenn hoddle, irvine, stubbs, no thanks.

Spot on Paddock.

The amount of people on this forum who have continuously brushed any critism aside week after week after week and still can't hold their hands up!

Spot on paddock, yerrr right there paddock, ooh let me suck your dick paddock, oh paddock you big boy. Leave it out ya little wench

I'm still looking for a fan yet who has accurately predicted Martinez and his performance.

By that I mean.... "I don't want him, he will come in, get us a great league finish playing great football but the season after he will be shite"

There's loads who wanted Pereira and said "don't want Martinez".

Then at the end of last year forgot that they didn't want Martinez, in fact they were really happy that he used his charm to get lukaku etc etc.

Ah, but after this season it's "I did say he would be shite".

I'm still looking for a fan yet who has accurately predicted Martinez and his performance.

By that I mean.... "I don't want him, he will come in, get us a great league finish playing great football but the season after he will be shite"

There's loads who wanted Pereira and said "don't want Martinez".

Then at the end of last year forgot that they didn't want Martinez, in fact they were really happy that he used his charm to get lukaku etc etc.

Ah, but after this season it's "I did say he would be shite".

Tbf I think Paddock has always been of that opinion (apart from the good position in the first season); him aside there are a lot of bandwagon jumpers (as well as people who've honestly changed their minds and acknowledged as much).