IGNORED

Dynamo Kyiv (Europa Away)

markjazzbassist

And I suppose you had the same post when moyes got us battered against benfica?

And that's how much you know about football!!!

Other than us having major injuries.... Do you actually remember the side we played. I'll remind you:

Saviola

Cardozo

Aimar

Di Maria

David Luiz

Javi Garcia

Ramirez

Coentreo

Do your homework

Tbf I think Paddock has always been of that opinion (apart from the good position in the first season); him aside there are a lot of bandwagon jumpers (as well as people who've honestly changed their minds and acknowledged as much).

Yep, "same old everton" "official knee jerk thread" "can't strand his interviews" "wanted him gone since December" but I'm in the "bandwagon category"

Tbf I think Paddock has always been of that opinion (apart from the good position in the first season); him aside there are a lot of bandwagon jumpers (as well as people who've honestly changed their minds and acknowledged as much).

yeah i wanted him here. he did well last year, this year has been a disaster. i've changed my mind. stubborn, plays the same lineup which loses games, meanwhile the other lineups (442, 433, 4231 with wingers) actually win us games. subs are terrible (2 a game) team selection, pre season, transfers, etc.

all come to a head, i've changed my mind, rightfully so and don't feel bad about it. RM out.

And that's how much you know about football!!!

Other than us having major injuries.... Do you actually remember the side we played. I'll remind you:

Saviola

Cardozo

Aimar

Di Maria

David Luiz

Javi Garcia

Ramirez

Coentreo

Do your homework

So you condoning a 5-0 defeat?...... That's my boy mc11 reach for the stars. You are definitely related to Davey moyes.

Bucharest and Benfica were much more embarrassing and hard to take than tonight. The scorelines are equally as embarrassing but tonight things could have been very different if we weren't so defensively shit, going forward we were fine and created enough. Those two games under Moyes were horrendous because we were absolutely walloped. I wouldn't have him back here in a million years.

Yep, "same old everton" "official knee jerk thread" "can't strand his interviews" "wanted him gone since December" but I'm in the "bandwagon category"

Who mentioned you?

Although, as you bring it up, you did fairly recently say, "give him another year and if we're still...." etc so you happily fit the "...people who've honestly changed their minds and acknowledged as much....". Where's the problem?

How you can construe that as addressed at you is ridiculous. Paranoid.

several things spring to mind 12 months ago 4 of the back 4 could defend and a freebie from wigan as bad as he was can not be blamed for all of it

going on national tv before a match saying it wont be 0-0 tells the opposition straight away we can not defend or intend to defend

we found a good balance on sunday all be it against a poor Newcastle so why change it apart from lennon

barry straight back in again, ossie and gibbo on the bench they can not be tired or over played.

atsu has done nothing as a sub what did he expect tonight?

whilst I understand RM did not kick a ball and to many people played crap

he picked the team and tactics were totally wrong

we have now got wigans defence with much better players

why bring besic on at the end when we are 5-1 down

I said it before he is out of his depth

I'm still looking for a fan yet who has accurately predicted Martinez and his performance.

By that I mean.... "I don't want him, he will come in, get us a great league finish playing great football but the season after he will be shite"

There's loads who wanted Pereira and said "don't want Martinez".

Then at the end of last year forgot that they didn't want Martinez, in fact they were really happy that he used his charm to get lukaku etc etc.

Ah, but after this season it's "I did say he would be shite".

I think a lot of people , myself included, were very worried about the defensive side of Roberto's tactics because Wigan were a disaster at the back and leaked goals for fun, mostly from individual errors

You tried to mitigate that by pointing out that Wigans demise was largely down to Alcaraz being injured most of the season, but from what Ive seen of him Wigan would have been down by Christmas had he stayed fit.

I think Roberto got lucky last season because he inherited a solid back 4 that were well drilled and knew each others game inside out, but fast forward 12 months and suddenly the same back 4 look worse than Wigans, so I think its only natural that those original concerns about Roberto are now starting to resurface

Roberto got away with it

I think a lot of people , myself included, were very worried about the defensive side of Roberto's tactics because Wigan were a disaster at the back and leaked goals for fun, mostly from individual errors

You tried to mitigate that by pointing out that Wigans demise was largely down to Alcaraz being injured most of the season, but from what Ive seen of him Wigan would have been down by Christmas had he stayed fit.

I think Roberto got lucky last season because he inherited a solid back 4 that were well drilled and knew each others game inside out, but fast forward 12 months and suddenly the same back 4 look worse than Wigans, so I think its only natural that those original concerns about Roberto are now starting to resurface

Roberto got away with it

So Roberto told them, "Forget being solid and well drilled and forget how each other play lads; the way you did for forty plus games last season. Start leaking goals, it's the way forward!"

Hate the rationale all tonights knee-jerk stuff is generating.

So Roberto told them, "Forget being solid and well drilled and forget how each other play lads; the way you did for forty plus games last season. Start leaking goals, it's the way forward!"

It makes me laugh that one. Of course Roberto thought to himself "blimey, clean sheets, I'll have that trained out of you before you know it"

There may be things he hasn't got right but some stuff makes me laugh. Alcaraz had a bad game, Distin has had stinkers so has jags. His good game last week was a fluke clearly.

After all he's the Wigan player noone wanted along with kone.

Martinez has openly admitted that he doesn't have them practicing defending corners, and it shows, and I seriously doubt he puts much emphasis on defending in training

We are 29 games into the league season, its hardly knee jerk

It makes me laugh that one. Of course Roberto thought to himself "blimey, clean sheets, I'll have that trained out of you before you know it"

There may be things he hasn't got right but some stuff makes me laugh. Alcaraz had a bad game, Distin has had stinkers so has jags. His good game last week was a fluke clearly.

After all he's the Wigan player noone wanted along with kone.

Alcaraz is a Championship level defender at best I would much rather have Distin any day of the week , and Jags is in a different league than him

Alcaraz has been very ying and yang this season. Great performance against Newcastle in the middle of two shite ones against Dynamo. Assuming Stones simply cannot go (in which case why have him on the bench), why have we not seen Distin at all this season. Sure he started out quite poor but he has been relegated to the U-21 the entire season while players that have been poor have been given the opportunity to persist and play or at least make the bench (Barkley, Barry, McGeady to name a couple).

And I suppose you had the same post when moyes got us battered against benfica?

Massive difference between the two. Ones got the brst squad we've arguably ever had the other was still building. Opposition standards were gulfs apart.

You need to start accepting you got it wromg with Martinez Brett. His shitty Wigan signings his blind faith in his senior players and his lack of tactical ability to change.

He isn't good enough for us, he's taken a very good side and made us shite. We can't defend and players look shattered in confidence.

The mans a fucking clown, the sooner you realise this the better. He's hardly building a team is he.

The Kiev manager pulled his kecks down last night, tied his shoelaces together and span him roundf 5 times.

Master tachtician Martinez indeed!

Edited by Paddock

I have a lot I really want to say ... however I can't get worked up enough to say it.

And that, is the biggest indictment of all. Whatever he has done for us or to us RM has done something much worse. He has made me apathetic about the entire season. I wonder if there are any others who are edging the same way?

look at it the other way last season they were able to defend from moyes doctrines

now 18 months on his total lack of belief in anything defensive is showing through

they don't even practice defending corners look at wigan and look at us same story

I have a lot I really want to say ... however I can't get worked up enough to say it.

And that, is the biggest indictment of all. Whatever he has done for us or to us RM has done something much worse. He has made me apathetic about the entire season. I wonder if there are any others who are edging the same way?

Personally, it is hard to be apathetic when we are so close to the relegation zone. But the fact that is concern number 1 really shows how badly this season has gone.

This for me.

Thought Atsu tracked back quite a bit tbh Dunc, he got proper stuck in, it was Alcaraz leaving him exposed time and time again.

this for me too, the amount of time Coleman was shouting at Alcaraz, directing him... Atsu did a lot of tracking back, he's just not a defender (queue digs about his ability in general)

We got beat by the better team so no big deal there, mistakes were made so lets hope we learn from them.

I think kiev will go close to winning the competition, I thought they had class players in key positions.

We have a big rebuilding job to do in the summer let's hope we get them in early.

Agree