IGNORED

Dynamo Kyiv (Europa Away)

markjazzbassist

Good run guys, really enjoyed our euro adventure....Hopefully we have came away learning something.

Let's get rid of a gew of the dead weights and passengers in the summer and build for next year.

COYBs

spot on. This season has to be taken as a lesson. If Roberto doesn't learn and we're doing this again November next season, I'll be calling for his head too

We have shot ourselves tonight but there has also been a few great finishes from them.

Another night we would have five.

Two posts and quite a few more efforts on target.

Agreed, stupid defensive mistakes (Alcaraz was MOTM for many on Sunday so no reason to expect his ineptitude, Coleman has been great recently so I don't see how the manager could have seen them hitting the self destruct button) and some world class finishing have done for us. Ross hit the post twice; it could have been very different, particularly if the first one had gone in.

Depressing, but I'm not as suicidal as some.

Bah.

I guess the forum will be busy over the coming days!

I think we went for it a bit to much. We went with an offensive mentality and left ourselves open at the back. Alcaraz had a nightmare. Coleman not much better...did he ever actually beat a man in attack?!

I also think we underestimated them a bit.

A good game of footy. End to end stuff.

I must admit there lies a much deeper issue than to just roll over and praise a good run. It wasn't as easy as bad defending. It's that mentality that has plagued us for years now. Whatever manager we have. If we played nice bobby football a nd just missed out I wouldn't be bothered but we got absolutely battered again!!!!

Bah.

I guess the forum will be busy over the coming days!

I think we went for it a bit to much. We went with an offensive mentality and left ourselves open at the back. Alcaraz had a nightmare. Coleman not much better...did he ever actually beat a man in attack?!

I also think we underestimated them a bit.

A good game of footy. End to end stuff.

I disagree on the going in a bit too much because of what you said. Alcaraz/Coleman both had their worst games I can remember, especially Coleman. Barry/McCarthy/Jags were a bit too jumpy as a result of the shite defending and it cost us severely. *sigh* We need to beat QPR now...

Guest rusty747

A very immature European performance. Everyone of a certain age will remember when we Beat Bayern Munich 3-1 in 1985 to get to the final of the Cup Winners Cup. But how many remember the performance that set that game up? I am referring to the 0-0 away first leg. That is how we should have set ourselves up tonignt but Martinez is stubborn to the point of stupidity.

I like a lot about him but there is a time to play open attacking football and there is a time to grind out a result and win or draw ugly.

If we are not careful we will get relegated just so that Martinez can stick to his principles. He has to learn or go.