IGNORED

Your Top Everton Side Since the Premier Began

Not even if he has been back as a Sky pundit?

He is my all time favourite Everton player and I modelled my game on him as that's the position I play. In fact apart from his fitness, pace, vision, touch, passing range, crossing ability, goal scoring prowess and positional sense there isn't much to choose between us

I built that team around him so if I cant have Tricky Trev Im going with this

Manager Mike Walker

1. Espen Baarsden

2 Paul Holmes

3 Alec Clelland

4 Carl Tyler

5 Antolin Alcaraz ( on a bad day)

6 Alex Nyarko

7 Mick Milligan

8 Claus Thomsen

9 Brett Angell

10 Ibrahim Bakayoko

11 Stuart Barlow

No place for Idan Tal, Earl Barrett, Rodrigo, Mark Pemberton, Gareth Farrelly, Danny Williamson???

I feel a bit queezy

He is my all time favourite Everton player and I modelled my game on him as that's the position I play. In fact apart from his fitness, pace, vision, touch, passing range, crossing ability, goal scoring prowess and positional sense there isn't much to choose between us

I built that team around him so if I cant have Tricky Trev Im going with this

Funny that, I played in the same position before him and I like to think he learned everything (apart from his fitness, pace, vision, touch, passing range, crossing ability, goalscoring prowess and positional sense) from me. Spooky :unsure:.

One of my all time favourites also, should've got far more England caps than he did.

No mention for Lee Carsley? I'm gobsmacked.

Martyn

Coleman Watson Jags Baines

Carsley Parkinson

Arteta Speed Kanchelskis

Saha

subs: Howard, Cahill, Lukaku, McCarthy, Pienaar (1st time round), Coleman, Hinchcliffe

Edited by Matt

He was the big noise when I was at school. Going to be the next England captain etc.

A teaching golf pro I know was with Everton as a lad and was in Billy Kenny's side growing up (he's a big Liverppol fan ironically). He said Billy Kenny was like Rooney in ways, physically stronger and bigger than his age group and "hard".

He said it never surprised him in the slightest how it turned out as he was brought up in a bit of an unconventional way - a normal lad would get trainers for their birthday, Billy would get taken down the pub by his dad (he used to play for us).

Very talented player and very tough - could mix it. I read somewhere that he booted Vinny Jones after Jones hacked him down - at 19 that shows some mental toughness.

Pity isn't it.

No mention for Lee Carsley? I'm gobsmacked.

Martyn

Coleman Watson Jags Baines

Carsley Parkinson

Arteta Speed Kanchelskis

Saha

subs: Howard, Cahill, Lukaku, McCarthy, Pienaar (1st time round), Coleman, Hinchcliffe

:rofl: you put howard as sub ahead of southall

It's his opinion... He may not be old enough to remember Southall. It was 25 years ago when he was at his best.

im not that young mate. Southalls time in the EPL was minimal, that's not to say he's not one of the best we've had. Howard has been solid, mostly, over his 8 year stint with some exceptional seasons whether Crusty wants to accept that or not :)

im not that young mate. Southalls time in the EPL was minimal, that's not to say he's not one of the best we've had. Howard has been solid, mostly, over his 8 year stint with some exceptional seasons whether Crusty wants to accept that or not :)

sorry I thought it was the best efc team that played in the premier league not had there best years in the pl

sorry I thought it was the best efc team that played in the premier league not had there best years in the pl

Southall is the best keeper we've ever had and was once the best keeper in Europe. Tim Howard isn't fit to stand in the same goal as that legend.

in case I wasn't clear.... Southall was the best keeper we had in my lifetime. Howard was the most consistent. Martyn had something special and who knows what we would've accomplished with him for longer

Southall had everything. None of the other keepers we've had can hold a candle to Southall.

In fact whilst I'm at it Peter schmichael was possibly the closest to him in the recent era and even he was a level below.

Southall was the best keeper in the world for a good 8-10 years. Simple as that really.

Southall had everything. None of the other keepers we've had can hold a candle to Southall.

In fact whilst I'm at it Peter schmichael was possibly the closest to him in the recent era and even he was a level below.

Southall was the best keeper in the world for a good 8-10 years. Simple as that really.

Didn't realise he played with us until 98. No brainer then, drop Howard for Southall :)

thank god that's sorted out on Southall I was about to slash my wrists in despair when matt said Howard was the most consistent

and I agree for a good five years nev was the best in the world.

He has been in my memory. I know Southall is one of our greats, but I don't remember most of his career. I do remember Howards career and, because I've got those memories to go on, I chose Howard as back up.

He has been in my memory. I know Southall is one of our greats, but I don't remember most of his career. I do remember Howards career and, because I've got those memories to go on, I chose Howard as back up.

I understand you can only choose from what you have seen and remember

but nev was the best Everton keeper ever without doubt.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know enough about Everton history to make an informed post here, but I find it strange that Fellaini isn't mentioned more often. I haven't seen him play in the EPL since he left Everton, but seeing him perform for Belgium against Cyprus and Israel reminded me what a good player he really is.

There was a time when he played for Everton he was all they could talk about on MOTD.

There is no way I would choose Mccarthy, Gravesen or Arteta ahead of him as CM.

I don't know enough about Everton history to make an informed post here, but I find it strange that Fellaini isn't mentioned more often. I haven't seen him play in the EPL since he left Everton, but seeing him perform for Belgium against Cyprus and Israel reminded me what a good player he really is.

There was a time when he played for Everton he was all they could talk about on MOTD.

There is no way I would choose Mccarthy, Gravesen or Arteta ahead of him as CM.

Problem is Fellaini's best position isn't CM. He can be absolutely unplayable behind the striker and yes I'd have him in the side over McCarthy and Gravesen, an in prime Mikel Arteta - no

Big Joe as manager

Goal:- Southall

LB:- Baines

CB:- Watson (captain)

CB:- Gough

RB:- Coleman

CM:- Arteta

CM:- Parkinson

LM:- Limpaar

RM:- Kanchelskis

ST:- Rooney

ST:- Saha

As a team a perfect balance.

I was going to write almost the same lineup. I'd swap Gough with Jagielka and Hinchcliffe is a good contender for LB (but I'd still pick Baines). I agree about Parkinson, he edges it for me over Carsley. And I would replace Saha with Cahill purely because Timmy had a great knack of scoring important goals, was a real fighter and had great determination. Limpar vs. Pienaar is a tough one, but that would be my third change because Limpar was really an on/off player and his attitude sometimes stank. Pienaar always works hard and is a better team player.

So:

GK: Southall

RB: Coleman

CB: Watson

CB: Jagielka

LB: Baines

RM: Kanchelskis

CM: Parkinson

CM: Arteta

LM: Pienaar

ST/CF: Cahill

ST: Rooney

I was going to write almost the same lineup. I'd swap Gough with Jagielka and Hinchcliffe is a good contender for LB (but I'd still pick Baines). I agree about Parkinson, he edges it for me over Carsley. And I would replace Saha with Cahill purely because Timmy had a great knack of scoring important goals, was a real fighter and had great determination. Limpar vs. Pienaar is a tough one, but that would be my third change because Limpar was really an on/off player and his attitude sometimes stank. Pienaar always works hard and is a better team player.

So:

GK: Southall

RB: Coleman

CB: Watson

CB: Jagielka

LB: Baines

RM: Kanchelskis

CM: Parkinson

CM: Arteta

LM: Pienaar

ST/CF: Cahill

ST: Rooney

Gone for Saha over Cahill as on his day he's the best striker i've seen in a blue shirt and that includes Rooney - Rooney was the best teenage player i've seen. Better in an Everton shirt than I have seen him in a Man united shirt barring the odd worldy.

If it was extending to best Everton team i've seen its this:-

Southall

Stevens

Ratcliffe

Watson

Baines

Steven/Kanchelskis....... Steven it is

Reid

Bracewell

Sheedy

Rooney

Lineker